1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

Does it include the tracks of Blancpain GT Series Asia ?

2. No, only 10 tracks, the one we have on AC plus Misano, Zolder, Paul Ricard and Hungaroring

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. I wonder what place could a drift series be, if Blancpain is one of the most popular series and having so many drifting servers and mods (though not top quality anyways)

Drifting is becoming much popular these days having local series all around the world plus the international ones

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

juandb78 likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

https://www.fia.com/news/worlds-first-fia-intercontinental-drifting-cup-announced

LeSunTzu likes this.
  5. Ceolmor

Ceolmor Gamer

GT3 is not my favourite, but I do prefer 'race' cars and 'real' competitions, so very pleased with this announcement from Kunos.

I am wondering how the online multiplayer will work. I assume it will need a separate server from one for AC. Will server's be provided by Kunos or will we have to rent our own? I am happy to pay the rental for a server for AC, but not sure I would want to pay it again for a server limited to only a Blancpain GT3 series.

6. GT3 cars may not be my weapons of choice in AC, but I would take a GT3 based simulator over a Drift one any day of the week.

7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Drift simulator actually needs more sophisticated tire phyisics:rolleyes::D

8. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

All those words , so little meaning.

9. I won't jump into the early access as of now. Not until they clear what ACC will be. I mean, I entered early access for AC as I knew that it would become a highly specialized simulation "tool", some sort of "hotlap simulator"; a title with some cars, from many categories (race, road, vintage, track toys, etc), and tracks. Didn't expect it to expand like it eventually became, but I was already pleased with what I knew at the times.
    Based on what I know about ACC today (and it isn't all that much, honestly) I'm definitely not feeling this product. If Kunos will shed some light on what they intend to do with it (read: expand it with new series like NASCAR, historic formulas, prototypes, etc, and new modes like a true single player career) then I'll jump in. If I have to live with what I see now, I'll stay with AC as I have still a lot to squeeze out of it (given the time I can dedicate to "digital past times").
    I truly hope that Kunos improves drastically on the communication side, not in the sense of staying in touch with community, as they do wonders in that, but in being more clear about "what's coming or not coming next" (I remember many cars announced or hinted and then discarded without rightful explanations, and so on).

M.Sampla likes this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

To be fair you know what’s coming next, it’s ACC with a full Blancpain 2018 grid. You’re asking about after next, next next :) The devs themselves may not even know, I’m sure they have their hands full with the current project and not really thinking about what comes after that.

bgil66, evil_overlord, Orne and 9 others like this.
  11. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

Ischemica and F430_458_F12 like this.
  12. mms

mms Alien

13. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I've not read the many pages of comments since the announcement.

I presume it's mostly positive comments, some complaints, and some arguments as a result.

I'm looking forward to ACC.

Good work team Kunos.

Now get on with UK Canal Barge Simulator.

14. Why is it that every time that I click on a link, I am presented with the login page? I am already logged in, and inputting my details again does not work. I would like to read that Marco interview, but at the moment I am unable to access it :(

15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Here you go. :)

Interview in Italian: https://www.spreaker.com/user/motorsportrepublic/lintervista-a-marco-massarutto-per-parla

Based on summaries by Italian speaking RD users Matteo Pagin and BhZ. All credit to them, I just organized it a bit and removed duplicates

Source 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...es-game-announced.147549/page-14#post-2692478
    Source 2: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...es-game-announced.147549/page-14#post-2692351

Features & content

- Driver swaps confirmed
    - They will use the 2018 season for the content
    - There will be 10 circuits (you can find them on the Blancpain calendar)
    - Official leaderboards (basically RSR inside the game)
    - Ranking system for both skill and safety similar to iRacing (he mentions the latest GranTurismo's one). They hired the guy behind Minorating for this
    - They will follow their philosophy, so the handling will be realistic (as it was in AC)
    - Tyre model, aero and suspension geometry will be improved thanks to new developers that have been hired in the last year (one of them is also a mechanical engineer)
    - ACC will be more versatile and easier to use for people with less experience (which doesn't mean less realism)

Pricing & release

- Early Access (beta version) at a lower price than the release one
    - No release date announced, not even approximately

On Unreal Engine 4

- Choice of UE4 was driven by desire of focusing on the features that were lacking in AC1, basically "gameplay features" like implementing the various RL regulations, better career mode, better AI etc. (He supports this decision by saying that Kunos' competitors, even though with a way bigger workforce, have decided to avoid writing an Engine by themselves)
    - They have worked 8 months during 2017 on R&D testing the Unreal Engine, Marco says that it has been an huge risk because they still didn't know if UE4 was the right choice. He mentions as an example the need to do separate renders for the mirrors, which they had trouble to implement initially as UE4 engine is "general" and not geared towards sim use. This required weeks of telemetry of how it works, how it uses CPU/GPU etc.
    - The assets needed some rework as well, in order to be optimized for the different engine (as a result of the aforementioned analysis)
    - They will also probably use UE4 for their future projects
    - He praises the photorealism of the Unreal Engine, even though some months were needed before both the eye candy and the framerate started to get to the desired level
    - They took some inspiration on how to solve some issues they had from videos of other games made with the Unreal Engine, mainly the ones made by Milestone

On collaboration between real racing teams & Blancpain

- With this license they are going to have an even stronger collaboration between Kunos and drivers/racing teams
    - They will be at many racing weekends in order to gather data from the teams
    - Many teams use AC for the training of their pilots. Some of the teams also asked them some advice to build their own simulator
    - Many drivers asked Kunos help to setup simulators in order to train for new tracks, for example
    - They received numerous eSports contacts, but for the moment they are focusing on the development of the game. (Based on the way he talked about this, I believe esports will come)
    - Kunos is working on a connection between virtual and real Blancpain (for example ideal time laps vs real ones, plus something similar to RSR with invitations to the races for the fastest guys, he mentions GranTurismo's Academy)

About AC1

- Expected AC sales : 100 thousand copies, results about 1.4 million users
    - He mentions comments of people on Facebook that were saying to him that the training/playing time in AC proved useful to catch the car in RL critical situations

AC_RAF, St3fan, Ischemica and 8 others like this.
  16. magicmike

magicmike Racer

Kimi is waiting for the new season, playing AC as it seems. :)

[​IMG]

17. Fear

Fear Racer

He's driving on the Ring!
    Race on Nordschleife in 2019 confirmed! :D

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Gotta love that he's racing F1 on Nords. :D

#LibertyMakeItHappen
    XD

Edit: Ninja'd

Fear and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. magzire

magzire Alien

We need his feedback! :)
    Though what is the wheel base he's using?

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  20. Maybe that's the only Ferrari drive he can get where he has a chance of winning a race...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018