1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im so ****ing hangover and saw this pic so i gotta share it:
    [​IMG]
    It made me feel better

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I want that

edit: I was browsing trough the forum. This made me WTF:

feels to me like its just a car made in the unreal engine. if it was legit we would probably seen it drive, right?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    ChickenPie likes this.
  3. SunBro

SunBro Alien

4. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

It always makes me fun when people who even don't own AC and have unregistered accounts, tells KS or the rest of forum users what should and what should not be in the game.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

eSports vs. online multiplayer difference?

Imo its that there is high level play, with notable money prices or possibility to gain something real, like GT Academy. And everyone (in theory, just in theory) can rise to that rank. The "possibility" of rising ranks fascinates people, so they get obsessed with your game, and obsessed with getting better at it. Like millions of bedroom guitarists, dreaming to be rockstars

For example Rainbow Six Siege seems like rising eSport. Highest level is Pro League where you can actually win notable amounts of money (not CS:GO levels yet, but something). Then Go4R6 lower tier cup, where you can try to build skills/strats/team cohesion to be competitive.

Or you can queue for ranked games with "regular plebs" in matchmaking, get matched to similar skill players. And try to reach Diamond rank. Which for most people is impossible alone, no matter how hard they try. But minimal requirement to even dream of being in Pro League one day. So imo that makes eSports, the feeling of going somewhere by getting better at driving. Even you're not really going to go anywhere, in the end.

But for big money prizes, there needs to be big audiences. And usually good eSports is indeed games with short rounds, and small teams. Automobile races are too long to be ideal eSports perhaps. But then again, people watch IRL races too. But anyway good global ranking system is imho just base for eSports, not making anything eSports by itself. After that, it requires large audiences and money, so that people can do it for profession.

miky and Quffy like this.
  6. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

For me ACC is like a GT Sport from KS.

And maybe they will release some old and new content when is ready (free or paid DLC) for the game likes PD with GT Sport.

SlimCharles and ALB123 like this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Just imagine people racing some random other cars in a game which has "Blancpain" in its title. Just not going to happen.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It doesn’t have Blancpain in its title...

Ace Aono, SvenUilhoorn and xystof like this.
  9. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Well, who knows? :D

10. remember that he could very well be a console user

SlimCharles, GCCRacer, Dookie and 6 others like this.
  11. MrDoku

MrDoku Rookie

When I look at the steam store for AC it is describing* ACC not AC. Especially noticeable as it's on sale.

Seems a bit misleading. A mistake?

*In the short description under the image of Assetto Corsa on the right.

Attached Files:

Epistolarius likes this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Seems like the most recent update post also got into the game description for some reason.

13. ACorsa1

ACorsa1 Gamer

It always makes me "laugh".
    I won't be making any "fun" for you as I give no ****s of your opinion.

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

15. ACorsa1

ACorsa1 Gamer

Correct.
    I've bought the disc and digital for PS4.
    I've just bought a new PC and will be buying a 3rd copy of AC, I'll also be sure to register my account so xyslog is satisfied.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Can be avoided by having software locks on certain unwanted combos. We have that with regard to the inability to mix modern Ferrari F1 cars in AC with others.Or in Raceroom, the so-called "Experiences" (DTM, WTCC, ADAC packs) are embedded in the mainframe of RR's architecture, while having had their own regulation and rule sets. So I think one can have - later on - content added to ACC while maintaining the integrity of the content covered by the Blancpain license. I do not see that a separate third AC game is needed just to move beyond that license with added content (DLCs).

Later content also may benefit from Kunos then having the experience with the ACC game and U4E already and not needing to spend time once again for throwing together the basic framework for a new game.

This all is why I think ACC is de facto AC2 - "AC2 as a process", so to speak. Blancpain is just the first shot fired by this new game, I think. And I feel somewhat confirmed by Marco's words of that ACC is just the tip of the iceberg. I do not think he was talking about a later, completely new game.

But that is just my reasoning. I have no evidence to show. :)

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im gonna get one of these

18. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

He does not say ACC is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm pretty sure ACC IS the iceberg.

He actually says

The Blancpain GT Series license is just the tip of the iceberg.

So what is the rest of the iceberg? I'm pretty sure he then goes on to describe it

By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre, improving the features that made Assetto Corsa so popular, and introducing those demanded by players for a high-level racing simulation game – with no compromise, and remaining loyal to our philosophy.

So the Blancpain license announcement is the tip of the iceberg, and the completely new EU4 based sim is the rest of the iceberg.

Dean Ogurek and Pixelchaser like this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I like how she do the thumbs up

Minolin likes this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

i got so much respect for these guys. they actually play with their lives - thats motorsport to me. rallye!

Maxidyne and Typer like this.