1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. VallinKenel

VallinKenel Hardcore Simmer

2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Ok, he introduced each car, and in the end said that they are still working on Laguna Seca and hope to release it on time.

Lamborghini Huracan Performante: it holds the new track record at the Nordschleife for street cars. On this car we simulated the ALA system (Areodinamica Lamborghini Attiva), which helps the car turn better. This car really gives you the feeling you can push.

Pagani Huayra BC: even lighter than the original (12oo Kg, 750 HP), with a new aero kit (and btw it does not have the four winglets working as in the standard Huayra, on the BC they only rise up together when braking).

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento: a prototype which uses new materials like a new carbon composite. Less than 1 Ton in weight, same power output as the Huracan. Same issues with the rear end of the car as in the real one.

Maserati Quattroporte GTS: this is the most powerful version of the Quattroporte, twin turbo and 500+ HP. Heavy but fast!

Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio: we simulated the active differential for torque vectoring. It will be interesting to compare it to the BMW M4. Great corner turn in, great performance but it bites.

Alfa 33 Stradale: a really tiny car, very beautiful. It sports an H-shaped magnesium chassis, and we researched its behavior, the testers used to say the rear of the car was rock solid but the front of the car had a lot of flexing, with a lot of bump steer. But with this looks and engine, what do you want?

Maserati Alfieri; a prototype, this is how future Maseratis may look like. It is based on today's Maserati Gran Sport, but we tried to re-create the future car, with 4WD traction and futuristic design solutions.

3. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Full accuracy was already lost with big changes before 2016 season. Most notable flattened out Flugplatz. Although it's same for the every other game which uses the same scan.

Schnipp, mantasisg 2, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yep, they've repaved the track, changed kerbs and added fences at several sections since the 2015 GT-R GT3 crash already.

No pressure, I'd rather have good quality over a rushed release because of the delay with the laserscan.

Well, it doesn't hold it anymore. Very much looking forward to experience how this was replicated in AC though.

So, the first concept car in AC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_Alfieri

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Nordschleife was correct when it was scanned a couple of years ago, it remains an accurate representation of the track on that day. Surely that’s the point?

As others have said, everyone appears to use the same scan.

M.Sampla, aphidgod, Rosko and 2 others like this.
  6. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Nope. Lotus Evora GTE/Carbon is/are the first one. The real GTE has never been built in such a specification like in AC - it had standard Evora S engine etc.

Ace Pumpkin and Jadonyx like this.
  7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Thanks for the link, great video to see the bonus pack cars and some of what's going on at the event. I don't speak Italian but I understand enough to listen to Aris explanations.

There are surprise cars I wasn't aware when they talked about the bonus pack at sim racing expo.

At the end of the video he talks about Laguna Seca, that is laserscanned but the graphics are still under work so they can't use it yet in public.

And makes a o_O when asked about Assetto Corsa due (two in Italian).

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

So looking forward for these two !

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. I kinda hate that AC is getting a fake car, but damn, it's a looker!

Berry likes this.
  10. You can run it on the fake tracks:D

11. I really hope laguna is finished before Christmas I'm so looking forward to it o_O

M.Sampla and Schnipp like this.
  12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I've been away for a while, mostly due to physical limitations (just pains and exhaustion..) but I'm really excited for this new stuff! Seca, the new Alfa, and the Huracan (just nice to have something current to run against the newer supers)

I just helped a friend get a T300 for christmas and he's practicing (very very newbie) basic sequential gearing and steering application in Euro Truck (until we get the money for AC for him) so this news is great timing!

M.Sampla likes this.
  13. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Wtf, Alfieri is originally designed to be an electric car, and Maserati was looking into launching a V6 entry level sports car (I was assuming same engine as Giulia) and I thought that's what Alfieri would be, I guess not :( Anyway, not thrilled about AWD, but can't argue with GT motor, and those looks :D
    Hope Quattroporte is RWD, I was waiting for ages to drift it :D

Assetto Corsa Visione :D

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  14. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

Please no. Not Vision GT again! Good thing is: don't like the car in the game, delete it.

EDIT: Disregard what was previously written, it is the GTS so you'll have RWD.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  15. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Oh really? I want a 1 gear car. :)

16. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

I tried to research that after I made the comment, but I could not come across any mentions of AWD (Q4) in GTS models, so I guess I should be happy, unless its one of those silly systems they use in new M5, where it is pretty much never AWD, yet it still is.
    I drove a Giulia Veloce Q4 and judging based on the name, if its the same AWD system, I don't like it, because it completely compromises a natural dynamic mid corner that an RWD car would have. Oh the lazy era where anything isn't AWD is "peasantry" :D The car is fantastic anyway though, gotta get my hands on Q2 or better yet Quattroformagio :D

17. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

judging by the fleabay $20 steering wheel and quick release, id stay far away from that thing.

18. Fabioc8

Fabioc8 Racer

the original plan was to have the Alfieri with biturbo v6 and awd on the most powerful version. Probably the one in AC will follow that. Now Maserati will also make an electric version. The original concept used the v8 of the granturismo.

For what concerns the Quattroporte the Q4 awd version is only available with gasoline v6 . This being the v8 means we are safe it is rwd

Automotive Supremacy likes this.
  19. I heard somewhere that it also will be less powerful than the DD's currently on the market. To me it looks like an Accuforce copy-cat. Won't be surprised if there's a stepper motor behind the plastic cover. The thing I'm mostly worried about is the possible use of slip-ring because good quality slip-rings aren't cheap. I'm wondering why hardware manufacturers tend to use cable-free solutions for wheel rim electronics. Coiled cable would be bullet-proof, cheap and would not disturb at all.

20. Berry

Berry Alien

Really hoped we would see the Gran Turismo in-game, that thing sounds and looks absolutely phenomenal.

xystof likes this.