1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The OLD one SUGGESTIONS / IDEAS thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by survivor91, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S-R-M Dino

S-R-M Dino Rookie

'My only suggestion..'
    I've spent all day on it Sunday, I'm impressed with many aspects of AC, fantastic wheel weight and physics gives very immersive and exciting driving and combined with splendid visuals it's all very impressive. Not so impressed about a couple of things but those couple of things are quite of extreme importance. One being the FFB feels a bit damped and no much feeling on kerbs but I'm sure this is a working title and ffb I trust it will be improved. The other and we have heard already complains about it in our racing community is that when you select Professional Profile we must have the option of switching every annoying blinking achievements messages off, no auto sec penalties(is better to get a drive through penalty than an arcade feature like that) and any automatic features totally off. AC must support and provide for all ends of sim racing communities, Arcade, Simcade and Simulation must be divided with an option of customizing your experience much more accurately and realistic as possible to be considered a professional simulator in all effects just like iRacing, rFactor and Race07 are or it will be too easy for real and hardcore sim-racers to loose interest and to not take AC as a serious Sim to be considered for leaguing. (Please don't get that part of your sim wrong for your own good.)

[PRC] Steve likes this.
  2. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

I will answer you in PM, since it's quite OT here ;)

3. eitow

eitow Gamer

Please add the option for adjusting the steering speed for gamepad users.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    astrolunaire and the_meco like this.
  4. Qusso

Qusso Racer

Clutch pedal as handbrake button

Dear Kunos
    Please make an option to bind clutch pedal/axis as button - for example for using handbrake .
    Or let handbrake be also an axis/analog (for example on page with steering wheel options and pedals - you could add also handbrake axis bar ) - so i could use clutch pedal as handbrake .

Alot of people who dont like to ingerate into orginal hardware ( like me ) will be very appriciate .
    Best Regards , AC is awesome .

5. Dexter092

Dexter092 Gamer

I have a suggestion for the audio.
    Can you add some engine samples for VERY far cars (like 500 m, 1000 m, ecc.), a bit occlused, to make future races with a lot of vehicles more "alive"?
    Think about it, cameras zoom on cars from very far away, but you hear the sound like they are at 50 meters or similar. And it is like this in almost all car games and simulators...
    Is it possible, or it does require too much work/system requirements?

Thank you.

Il simulatore già così è fantastico! Siete grandi! :D

6. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Gamer

Option to hide the steering wheel.

I don't need to see two of them in front of me.

cheech likes this.
  7. shrapnel1977

shrapnel1977 Melancholia Enshrines All Triumph

A "General discussion" forum separated from the Support forum.

8. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Not read this thread, so its probably been suggested before, but heres a couple of things.

Individual FFB settings per car, and FFB adjustments on the fly whilst in car.

As far as I can tell, best lap times and delta information only relates to the session you are in. I want them to relate to my best ever laps.

Hiding the steering wheel completely is really very necessary. Nothing kills the immersion more than having a visible wheel on screen when my monitor is butted right up against my real wheel.

9. Ryno917

Ryno917 Alien

Couple points, some probably mentioned already;

- Gear shift 'debounce' setting - already I've double-shifted accidentally many times. Having a delay setting, like LFS, will help prevent this. It's been a constant problem for me with the G25.
    - Ability to independently set 'H-pattern,' 'sequential' and 'paddle' shift types - Allow overlapping binds (sequential and H shifter will use two of the same 'buttons' on a G25)
    - I'd love to see rain and night time driving come available at some point, too, as well as driver changes (for AI-AI, Player-AI and player-player in MP sessions).

That's about it, really. Aside from that, just keep the content coming. :)

10. Krneki.sem

Krneki.sem Rookie

Pretty please with some sugar on top, add ELO system to the public multiplayer.

11. GeraArg

GeraArg Simracer

Linux support for servers.

12. benjihunter

benjihunter Simracer

Ok, here are the things I would like in order to make AC the perfect sim :
    -More buttons to map. Pit, radio, limiter, LCD, wiper...
    -Manual pit limiter !
    -Get rid of this penalty system. Sorry for the guy who coded it, but it's just a No.
    -Better anti-aliasing
    -Option to hide the steering wheel
    -Being able to modify the FOV without having to change a line in a .ini first...

Well, that's it. :)

13. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Gamer

View Options:
    • Allow for instant look left and look right instead of an animated view change.

Ryno917 likes this.
  14. Excellent game so far.

Suggestion: Have cockpit sounds play when viewing from the bonnet/bumper cam.

Reason: I prefer bonnet cam as it makes the game feel faster and I can see the road better (smallish monitor), however it doesn't feel like I'm driving when I am detached from the sounds a driver would normally hear - ie the cockpit sounds. The cockpit sounds are also much better :)

sirnicolai likes this.
  15. Chris

Chris Racer

I use eyefinity with 3 very large TVs, and have built my cockpit so that my racing wheel is really close to where it would be in a real car. My center TV is lowered so that it sits behind my racing wheel, so that the virtual dash of the car I’m driving, and all the virtual gauges therein, are directly behind my wheel, where they would be in a real car. I use a real aftermarket 350mm car steering wheel adapted to fit my T500. Usually this setup requires me to tweak the sim software to move my point of view around so that my real wheel sits where the virtual wheel on the simulated dash would be. With Assetto Corsa, after I entered my screen width and distances, they matched up perfectly already. This was a great relief, as if the simulator was made for my setup. No complaints there.
    Now to the meat of the problem. Assetto Corsa has a setting in the options menu to “lock view to horizon.” This is an awesome setting for a flat track, but is really flawed on a track with elevation changes.
    With the setting on, while driving, the view outside the cockpit remains stable, but the cockpit and car shakes and moves based on outside factors. The car undulates over road imperfections, and jolts when you hit a curb. It also shifts slightly to show g-forces. This is very immersive, and works wonders to show the player what is happening on track under the car. It is also more realistic than the alternative, because in real life, the human brain has a system to allow the eyes to stay focused on a point in front of them, regardless of the undulating and jolting of the vehicle. So, even when you hit several small bumps, your eyes will stay focused on their subject. The only problem in Assetto Corsa is that when you go up or down hill, the view shifts for a prolonged period of time, staying focused on the horizon for the entire length of the elevation change until the car is on level ground again. This effect glaringly contradicts with my real wheel, and looks horrible. It really kills the immersion. See pics below.
    The other option is to uncheck “lock view to horizon,” which locks the player’s view to the car. Now the car stays stable the entire time, and the world around the car undulates and jolts when bumps are hit. This is only realistic when simulating a camera rigidly attached to something in the car. The problem that this presents is that because there is no real motion to accompany what you are seeing on screen, your eyes can’t stay focused on an object on the screen. In my opinion, this instability will actually cost me time. I can hit my breaking and turn in points better when the view outside the cockpit stays stable, as it would in real life.
    Here are some pictures to illustrate the problem. In each of these pics, I've highlighted my real wheel in white, and the on-screen virtual wheel in red to show the difference. On a flat and level track like Magione, my real wheel would sit right atop the virtual wheel, totally obscuring it. But when on an uphill or downhill section, the wheels are greatly offset for the entire duration of the elevation change, until the car is on level terrain again. I can't stress enough how much this kills the immersion. There are 4 pics, 2 in the Fiat, 2 in the KTM, respectively, and one each uphill, and one downhill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So, just to reiterate, in "lock view to horizon" mode, the head wobble and jolts and bumps that move the car are great, but the prolonged up and down view shift when going up or downhill are an immersion killer. So, I humbly ask for Kunos to correct the “fix view to horizon” feature so that it will show bumps, jolts, undulations, and g-forces with the car the same way it does now, but so that it will not significantly shift the viewpoint up and down for prolonged periods of time when driving uphill or downhill. And if you could allow the option to remove the virtual steering wheel altogether, that would be nice as well.

IJerichoI likes this.
  16. sirnicolai

sirnicolai Rookie

Holy crap man, I just came here to post this exact same thing and for the exact same reason.
    I prefer bonnet cam as lets face it, we (most of us) are playing a 2D representation of a 3D game, so ill take all the advantage I can to help me see the apex's better.

So can I also please request the option to force in car sound regardless of camera view. You've done a terrific job with the in car sounds, but the exterior sounds are not all that great yet.

17. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Very good sim, but...
    - please change the penalty system, e.g. 2-3 warnings and then dt
    - option to remove the ingame steering wheel
    - activate all apps by default please
    - work on the car sounds please...
    - keep ac as a simulator and don`t waste your time on arcade options like the radio ;-)
    - when the mp arrives it comes hopefully with the option to change the driver for long distance races (team race)
    - pre settings for pitstop (tyres, fuel, repairs)
    - allow different tyre type (for front and rear)
    - weather system to set rain and temp timewise and with random option. Maybe an option would be nice to get a real weather through an online weather service ;-)

and last but not least...thanks for your work!

Keep racing,
    Juergen

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  18. 2CV SUPER GT

2CV SUPER GT Racer

- fonction to start/stop engine
    - rear white light when backward gear

Any new function could be welcome too, but at least, let the modders able to add new functions to their car VERY easily.

Thanks Kunos, I like what you did :)

19. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

A huge function for the showroom would be the ability to start the engine, and rev it. Add some reverb to the sounds, and you have the best experience ever. It's just a smallish addon that will go miles in immersion.

Also may I suggest adding the ability to start stop engine, and an option to start the game with the engine off.

20. BigBoss

BigBoss Racer

I have some ideas about minor detalis of the simulation:

- No fans in the grandstands during practice
    - No steering wheel while driving
    - Brakes heating up (visually, with disks becoming red then returning normal)
    - Working control lights in the car, for example when you select lights ON.
    - Animated flaggers, with real flag rules during races
    - Before start the races it would be realistic to to have one lap after safety car then grid
    - Ability to customize helmet and firesuits with different (combination of) colours and sponsors
    - animated pit crew during pit precedures and the ability to start from the inside of the box
    - Start/stop engine like we saw in Netkar Pro