1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

To aid or not to aid...that is the question?!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Dave53, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Well it's still early days, and I'm loving this game.

Even with its small 'issues' which Kunos have firmly in their sights, this sim represents the finest digital driving I have ever experienced.

I've only had it for one week, and am still learning the ropes, so to speak.

I discovered that on my first outing, I had apparently turned off all driving assist aids...and had been racing that way ever since.

While gradually making progress, and at best placing third in career races, TODAY I TURNED ABS and STABILITY CONTROL to 'FACTORY'.

I immediately discovered that all the hard work of caressing the cars through corners without aids, has dramatically improved my approach to driving...so with factory-setting aids I saw an amazing improvement.

The Kunos devs have modelled this beautifully!

Can I ask, are others using driving aids?

BistoKid and Scuderia Paul like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI is still struggling at Eau Rouge/Raidillon & Blanchimont also Bruxelles Nov 1, 2019
    General modding discussion Funcup Series (Paid) Mar 6, 2019
    General modding discussion Paid Modding Job: Personal Track converted RF2 to AC Jan 19, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Before 0.2.0 some guys said they're gonna struggle w/ right hand driving. What was your experience? Oct 23, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Driving aids- what do you use? Oct 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Usui Pass (碓氷峠) by Project Kaido Jun 7, 2017
    Console Lounge When it is good it must be said to AI love it Jan 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room When Modded Cars (unofficial ), go Official are they part of a paid Pack or are they Included W/ AC? Dec 22, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Porsche 908 LH autogear aid issue Dec 20, 2016
    Suggestions driving aid info app Aug 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room driving aids info app? Aug 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advanced discussion on "Driver Aids/Assists" Jun 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Any plans to implement driving aids properly? May 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room List with all road cars and their respective electronic aids? May 23, 2016

3. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Stability control is a fake setting which alters physics to be unnatural. It's the only thing I'd always disable.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  4. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Fair enough, thanks mate!

I was under the impression that a form of stability control was available.

Do you use any traction control?

5. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

There are various real world stability settings, but that's not what stability control is in AC. I rarely use TC, but I'm definitely faster with it on using certain cars. ABS always factory.

Dave53 likes this.
  6. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Factory settings for TC and ABS are the way to go in AC. Adjust TC manually while on the track to suit the conditions/fun factor.

SC to zero in the options, and never look back :)

7. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

I have lead you up the garden path, I'm afraid!

It wasn't the stability control and ABS...it was in fact the traction control and ABS which were set to factory.

Apologies!

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

The only aid I am using is ABS. I am thinking of disabling that soon as I get more comfortable and competent with using my wheel.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Use TC and ABS to factory. I have noticed that im faster with some cars without TC but thats depending on car so you can try with both on in different steps (higher is lower in AC) and off to see which setting that allow you to be fastest. If you faster with TC on, dont feel bad for using it.

10. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Never use any aids no matter what car, your not as quick with them off but its a greater challenge.

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its important to simulate everything else but to simulate how the cars are driven by professionals is not as fun?

12. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Yeah maybe not as fun, can be a bit frustrating depending on the car, but i feel as if am cheating with aids on...

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Personally I have very little interest in gt3 as its a dumbed down class, ABS and TC are enabled purely to make the gentlemen drivers less of a hazard. The Pro's will find this as an aid and can help pace especially in an endurance race where looking after tyres is critical so the ABS and TC is used by all. Turn these off and its way more fun but some street cars you really cant turn off ABS in the real thing and turning it off with no bias control makes them pretty much unrideable. I have a server with the GT2/GTE cars atm with no aids and its actually a bit more fun to drive these. The GT4 masserati is good fun as it also tests the driver but gt3 with factory aids is rather boring to drive, weaker drivers are still off the pace even with the aids but it just makes it more boring to drive for me and I guess many that prefer to actually drive a car rather then let the systems do most of the work.

The game however lets you drive however you want and thats fine, we can all enjoy the same game in our own way. But if someone only drives cars with aids then will try drive one without they wont have much luck getting it around when they need to actually control throttle and brake manually.

TitzonToast and Stepy like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I am personally faster without TC in gt3 cars, but if someone use it they dont "cheat" or something stupid like that.

15. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Faster without any TC in, let's say, the exit of Mugello's first corner with hard tyres? ;)

This has been discussed a thousand times in the PC forum. Cars like GT3s are meant to be with TC and ABS. That is the way they are conceived, built and raced. Using TC and ABS is using the thing by the book.

asehauDLM, gregack and Tomcul like this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think I said anything about cheating using it, its a much better test of driver ability with it off same as ABS. If you want to have a race with others who have to drive the car then doing it without aids is the best test, this is where we can set the game as we want and can set servers as we want. If someone joins a server that has no aids though they really have no right to complain that they are not on, there is no reason all should be forced to run factory just like all users can choose what to run themselves in SP. For MP you just have to run what the server has. If you dont like it then you need to find another server or run your own.

Nobody said its cheating to use the aids but clearly the reason they are in gt3 racing at all is because it means weaker drivers are less hazardous with these aids, it doesnt mean they will be quicker but a good driver if allowed to use these aids can be quicker with them on then off especially over a longer distance.

No need to do it by the book like some may want to race with SC or whatever, I prefer racing them with no aids and so its more interesting to see people jump into a server with them disabled. Amazing how many complain when they are switched off though. :D

Stepy likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I didnt mean that you said anything about cheating. But this seems to be comon by players that they are more hardcore driving without and also the user in this thread that said it felt like he cheat with TC on.

18. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

This is a point of discussion I have been aware of for YEARS - I came to AC from Forza and my experience of Simulated Driving is nil. I can't do it without TC - I spin it ALL the time - without TC I would be a danger on the track. I don't like using assists, but Assetto feels much more 'Real World' and I need them. The Factory settings enable me to drive on-line (its HARD) and with some success, so then what happens when I get in a vehicle that has no TC,ABS or turn TC off - back to spinning off. I used to deal with these issues by tuning but I can' do that without Telemetry or at least Tyre info.... It seems I must work extremely hard to get my skills up to race well or even drive. I say use what you like - you bought it.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  19. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Stability at 0%
    Factory for ABS and TC.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you want to practice how to drive without tc for example, toggle trough and use less and less. The higher the number is the lower the actual TC/ABS are. Some cars have between 1-12 tc, where 12 is the lowest and 1 is most. :)

21. BBernes

BBernes Racer

It is a fun discussion but trough the history of racing the teams and technicians have developed som many driving assist systems.
    They are always faster and far superior to what any human can do, that is why they are banned from racing.
    Just look trough the history of formula one, how many systems have they banned?

On a road car the systems are setup for safety, but systems can also be setup to make you faster.

Tomcul likes this.