1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

To aid or not to aid...that is the question?!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Dave53, Sep 10, 2016.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In most road cars the systems are for safety and even in AC these street cars with basic TC are much slower then with it off. ABS on most street cars is needed as they are set very front brake bias thats not adjustable as ABS just stops fronts from locking. Turning off ABS in such cars are un-driveable. Race aids are generally faster though not always over 1 hotlap but a longer race they mostly will be.

The type of controller your using will also make a huge difference if you can drive without some aids, with a gamepad I cant imagine being able to have the fine throttle and brake inputs needed for some cars without the aids.

2. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

My Nemesis is a friend and I can rarely go faster - he's always quicker. Not so with me on wheel and assists and him on a pad no assists on Assetto.... Long Live Corsa

3. BBernes

BBernes Racer

No racing driver in the world would give up his ABS if he had the choice.
    A proper setup system will always outperform the human, it can help the car turn in faster and brake later.
    http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/media/catalog_resources/ABS_M4_Brochure_epdf.pdf
    http://www.continentaltire.com/news/driver-aids-street-versus-track

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    danrap and EMW SMILER like this.
  4. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I always try to not use TC or SC. I would like to try to not use ABS but with a gamepad is almost impossible to race properly without it.
    I made a "rubber wheel lock" for my DS4 to race more smooth with the road cars and it's working well. This is me with Lotus Eleven in Imola, medium dificulty...

PS: Sorry about any mistakes in my english

Dave53 likes this.
  5. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

To make it simple and accurate, let's describe in this way, turn TC off will ALWAYS make you run faster on hotlap or qualifying.....BUT IT DOESNT MAKE YOU CONSISTENT ON AN ENDURANCE MATCH

Dave53 likes this.
  6. Gary Ho

Gary Ho Rookie

Try get some practice with all aid off at the beginning .... then go with Factory settings and you will be a better driver.
    I have been struggling even to get a Bronze in Special Events without aids. After some intense practice and turn on ABS/TC to factory, Gold is not a problem anymore.

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  7. Dave53

Dave53 Racer

Yes, this is reasonable. I discovered what you are referring to accidentally!

It depends what mood I'm in too. Sometimes I want to be an all conquering hero...and other times I want the car to be more forgiving.

Grijo likes this.
  8. Me too

9. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Not always. Especially road cars with higher power it's very unlikely that you can throttle control out of slow corners better than TC. Good example is the slowest hairpin at Vallelunga.

If car has factory ABS it's just stupid turn it off. It's not designed to drive without and just gonna make you struggle.

10. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

ok that sounds fair on super road car and I agree with it...

11. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

This is the answer for the most part to this question but it's also not too clear. These systems or 'aids/assists' both virtually and realistically are designed to reduce/remove driver errors. TC is better for most in both situations if the power calls for it. When a car has TC it is usually because the car can break traction easily. In this day and age where cars are exceeding human reactions etc these systems are necessary both to get the most performance and for safety.

It really just comes down to 3 factors:
    -What level of performance you are comfortable with.
    -Where your skills have progressed to.
    -What car you're driving.

The better you get, the more comfortable you will feel without certain assists. I really prefer to run whatever the car was made with ie: 'Factory' assists though traction isn't necessary unless the car is approaching 700+bhp(road cars). Obviously very few of us race professionally in cars without ABS nor would many if any drive cars without ABS on the street. I like my experience as true to life as possible.

Dave53 and EMW SMILER like this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Anyone else drive strictly with TC off because TC on makes bloody annoying machine gun noise when TC kicks in? This needs to be removed.

paul_wev likes this.
  13. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

But... Thats replicating real life. The machine gun sound is the ignition being cut. Makes the engine sound you're talking about.

Dave53 likes this.