1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[to DEVs] Will this game be endurance-friendly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pablos16, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

Hello guys, out of the interest (if it's not a secret): will the release version of Assetto Corsa model long distant races properly? I mean will there be features like realistic tyre wear, fuel tank sizes and consumption, engine and brakes life affected how hard you push, mechanical failures etc.?
    Do you plan to support driver-swap in multiplayer?

In short: will you give some sweet love to us endurance freaks and make things like virtual 12h Spa or even 24h of Le Mans possible? ;)

BFree, ooqbar, jonnyboy_99 and 12 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Tracks modding [topgearkorea] ansan speedway v1.5 released ! bumps added Sep 17, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Unable to connect [TO MY] server,thats weird May 9, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues [TOO MANY CLIENTS!] Multiplayer crashed AC (got 95% cpu warning) May 9, 2014
    General modding discussion [devs] increase number of clouds drawn? Apr 7, 2015

3. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

24h of Nurburgring. Bring it on :D

4. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

I have been thinking about this more than once. I'd like support for proper multiplayer endurance races.
    So, making teams, where drivers can switch in the same car seamlessly. (e.g. keeping same car condition, tire wear, fuel...) and maybe having a 5th man, who can monitor the game...

jonnyboy_99 and TeamRSRGermany like this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

but please give us mid game saves lol!!

6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Did you ever played an endurance race in rFactor? Or you're just trolling?

You're kidding right?

TeamRSRGermany and Simon Roberts like this.
  7. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

I can't express my support for this strongly enough. Endurance racing is my first love, and i'd love to see it properly supported in AC. There are a lot of clubs (mine included) that would love night/day, driver swaps etc. We currently run a very successful championship hosting 4 to 24hr events and we would love the opportunity to switch to AC if the time comes. No sim has every truly provided full support for this stuff (although rF2 is getting close) and i think it would be a major selling point for many clubs/leagues.

I don't expect this stuff for a while, but knowing it was on the roadmap for the medium to long term future would be great.

8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i dont have 12hours to play a video game lol

9. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

oh, good question!

TeamRSRGermany likes this.
  10. So don't.

Yep, endurance is awesome. I take part in a few 12 and 24 hour races per year, and I would like to see a switch from rF to AC :D

11. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I don't see how he's trolling. rFactor may have those features, but he's expressing his desire to see these features in AC too. That made no sense.

12. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Guys calm down... Kunos let people discuss over here... but if the tone is not better than this thread, you can be sure it will be closed on day..

This support forum is priceless really... respect it.

Thanks.

13. 3316V

3316V Alien

v1.0 will not have night/day cycle.

After that, I really hope so. And Netkar Pro like rain it's a must for me.

14. Hirogen

Hirogen Rookie

"Around the World in 80 Days"

15. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

The great thing about endurance features such as driver swaps is that you don't have to play for twelve hours. Just do your stint then hand the car to someone else on your team. Racing hard while trying to look after the vehicle in the knowledge that the next driver will inherit any damage adds an extra dimension to long distance races.

TeamRSRGermany and radome like this.
  16. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Gamer

I would kill for this.

17. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

For me (league sim racer since 2007 to 2012) endurance races were always something special. Shame rF1 had random disconnection problems during driver swaps. Still I do think endurance racing is a pinacle every real sim driver can ever achieve. I will never forget our 12h vintage Le Mans race with Porsche 917 (those damn deep night stints) or our international 6h race in Barcelona with around 60 drivers participating .

I'd be so happy to see something like this possible in AC.

My question remains - will this be ever possible in AC final version?

18. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Bump. No responce from devs yet, and this is something I'd really really like to know.

I want to know if the netcode (aka multiplayer) allows endurance races. And I don't mean just long races, but proper team effords. But more advanced, like having multiple drivers per car hotswapping, and having persistant tyre wear and dynamic server times / weather.

No I have not. And even if rf1 has these features, after playing AC, going back to rf1 is unimaginable.

Why? Having saves during the race would be great for pre-arranged groups. You could do long races, save and come back the next weekend and race on.

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

As we have already said on various occasions, v1.0 of Assetto Corsa will not have pitstops.
    You will be able to configure long races, tyre wear is already in and working, fuel consumption is already in and working, damages are wip but we will have them for v1.0... but no pitstops.

This means you will not be able to do longer than a fuel tank races.

That doesn't mean it won't come at some point. But for now our plans are for v1.0. We're concentrated to finish this one first, then start improving on the foundation.

20. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I like to think pit stops are high on the list post v1.0

21. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I think you're playing the wrong game... i don't even know what to say to... that.