1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. A quick 5 lap race in the Fiat Abarth 595SS S2 @ Silverstone National......

I started 24th in a 24 car grid
    I was leading halfway through the third lap
    I won the race by 12.5 seconds
    My fastest lap was 1:22.997
    The best AI lap time was 1:27.909
    Default 98% AI performance level with 1% variation and 0% aggression

I had another race with AI aggression @ 60% (just in case this was a factor), but I won that by 9 seconds from the back of the grid, and the fastest AI lap was 1:27.772. I conducted this test because the AI version of this particular car was extremely slow in previous versions of Assetto Corsa. It seems that this issue has not been resolved.

EDIT: You are a gentleman, Aris. Thank you for the extra tyre option on the Lotus 3-11 :cool:

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The big thing that strikes me when I watch that is that from a driving and car motion point of view it could be a video of the start of a real race. I especially like the way there's a few cars that drift wide onto the carpet and lose traction, not too many, just enough to convince me the cars are being driven by humans...

I've no idea how long this AI has been in development but it appears Stefano has nailed it...

I realise this is going to sound demanding but could this AI handle rolling starts???

pigsy likes this.
  3. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Maybe max out all the settings and then see it. I mever knee how one getd the alien title but you must be pretty an good so maybe the AI should have all its full potential? (Writtem in a suggestion-al tone, not a what are you xxxing about one)

dajdosta likes this.
  4. Berry

Berry Alien

5. It isn't me, Dave. It's the car. A lap time of 1:27.7 in the Abarth 595SS S2 @ Silverstone National is very slow.

6. Ibai

Ibai Gamer

Is it me or is there no road version of the Lotus 2 Eleven and only one livery for the maserati? (I don't have any of those :confused:)

7. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Oh. Ok :). Maybe the AI does not like FWD :D ;)

8. The slow cars are noob cars and the ai are noob slow in them.
    ------------
    Here is why I am so happy about the improved AI, this happens to me more than it doesn't when I venture online. (and yes, this is an AB Minorating server)

mms likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Oh boy! P1 GTR.. what a ****ing beast!

bgil66 likes this.
  10. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

- Minor graphical fixes on newly released cars
    - Fixed missing electronic tab
    - Removed focused car label from chase camera
    - Fixed opponent nation and skin on few special events
    - Tweaked conditions on some special events
    - Fixed R2R DLC UI previews for not owners
    - Fixed AcServerManager for package creation when DLCs are not owned
    - Fixed AI false start in Drag race
    - Added relative wind direction indicator to Realtime App
    - Added Push 2 Pass Hint on splash screen
    - Added semislicks street legal tyres on the Lotus 3-Eleven after popular request :)
    - driver position adjusted in Audi TT RS VLN

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Well... here's the problem.
    Slow, old cars need a particular driving technique to go fast. You need to point them right, and then keep on the gas to make the drift and keep momentum and turn. If you let go off the gas, they will simply understeer and go slower...
    Now, the AI unfortunately goes in the turn and at some point applies a bit of accelerator and sees that the car understeers... it has NO idea that keeping full on the accelerator the car will rotate, drift and stay in line... so it lifts off... and slows down. And that makes them slow on those particular cars that have low power and need full throttle to get drift angles to go faster.
    Paradoxically this is the exact same thing that makes the AI so fast with high powered cars, they can control the rear slip very well and don't waste time sliding.

Yes we have plenty of ideas, yes it's very difficult to make it work... it's a hard life

12. Berry

Berry Alien

Glad to report that the 3-Eleven is fantastic and scratching the sub-7 minute Nordschleife mark on HR tyres :D.

Dookie, baboon, Kristaps and 2 others like this.
  13. Aristotelis

blablabla, yaddayaddayadda, gnegnegne :p

14. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Is the R18 sending RPM data through shared memory? Something wrong there.. I think the onboard wheel shifting lights are a bit off too. :D

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

There may well be reasons why this isnt feasible but I had some success (in a previous build) just changing the shift up/down prompts for the AI in the GTA and 595SS S2... they don't shift down when the RPM drops too low.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This is why I love Kunos ( though I might sound a bit too harsh sometimes :oops:)...
    Putting out a major update when the whole simracing world is on the brim to embrace a new product, showing them the middle finger, saying: We ain't dead yet.
    This update brings AC on top again, telling the Bell, who doesn't whistle, we are still here, being competitive as ever. Your turn.
    Lots of love to Italy from a rainy Münster.
    This journey is ****ing awesome!

sissydriver and Vel like this.
  17. Aristotelis

On the contrary, the LEDs are there to tell you that you need to shift early at around 4300rpm, after that you're just wasting time and fuel. The engine, being diesel, doesn't have ignition cut, so the limiter can only cut the fuel. This makes the limiter always a bit slow, and we simulate this with a higher rev limiter that can damage your engine and obviously much lower power at higher revs (also always more permissive TC that can give you trouble)

baboon and ALB123 like this.
  18. The AI got much better. Sadly, it does not even matter:
    Frequent 99% CPU occupancy messages combined with slow motion gameplay with more than 11 AI opponents, no matter the settings (smoke etc.).
    Benchmark at 42 FPS avg., i7-4700MQ @2,4 GHz. Normal CPU use around 35% during races.
    What can I possibly do?

Best,
    Brett

19. Sorry @Aristotelis, I have to ask. Whats the thinking behind including the trofeos with the 3-11? I'm genuinely just curious, as I really can't fathom it out (but super happy the semi's are in now).

(please don't ban me :p)

Anyway, finally got a bit of time to experiment, and I'm loving the wind feature, really adds a bit of the unknown!

20. Aristotelis

The car really is made for the slicks. Yes I'm aware the press release says Cup2 whatever etc... but everywhere the racing version is used with proper slicks with cups used when raining or similar conditions (britain after all).

jonnyboy_99, Dookie, Schnipp and 7 others like this.