1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. Thank you!
    I do run AC on a laptop. However, I never have any eco mode activated. I tried with Intel turboboost on or off, no improvement either way.
    I already changed options to half ffb update rate to no avail, sadly.
    My steering wheel is a DFGT.

Best,
    Brett

2. ....and the 50hp, 115Nm, and 30kg ;)

3. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

going to check, thanks

4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Because it's not so important. If AC would be a sailing simulator, wind would be very important...
    Just kidding! :D:D;)

mms likes this.
  5. Kaaarp

Kaaarp Racer

@Lord Kunos would it be possible to split out the AI upgrade and push it out to the consoles now(ish) rather than with the dlc?

It just sounds so good, game changing even, that it'd be awesome to have it now. Ish.

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

What kind of information you're after?

Sent from inside a differential.

7. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Just had a bash with the Ai, quick race 7 laps of mugello grid of 16 & threw a very unrealistic grid together of gt1s & group cs from all eras, slower cars near the front just to see how it coped. Aggression at %11 & variation on 3%. Race was a lot of fun & definitely a big improvement. Only issue had some racing incidents with cars diving in the inside when i'm already moving across. I did not see the usual train stuck behind slower cars & just felt like a move lively race all round, although thought maybe the final race results would have been slightly different irl. I try a TT cup race & push the aggression up to 22% & variation up to 5% dropped the skill level down to 94% this did not result in more incidents surprisingly & was really good racing. I'm very happy with it, its better than r3e imo i did not try rf2 ai to compare yet. Can't wait to experiment more with it & i hope they continue to improve it. I'm also liking the other improvement, the hud presets are really useful for me.

8. Vel

Vel Simracer

Could it work as a sailing simulator?

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Lot of questions could be avoided, if new AI variation %, Audi P2P usage/rules, wind selection/effects and virtual desktops (ctrl+u), new nameplates etc. would be explained in some Sticky thread. Just sayin :)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Leonardo Ratafia and kofotsjanne like this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Would also be easy to link those threads to people asking.

11. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Probably stupid question but - "Added ballast and restrictor option offline for championships and multiplayer. Work in Progress for offline quick race and race weekend UI"
    We will get Aggression and variation settings in Championships also at some time?

12. Tombs

Tombs Rookie

The autoshifter points on all the new audis are way way way off.

They're shifting 1500-2000rpm before redline, making them useless unless you have a shifter.

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No instead they are perfectly correct. There's less power at higher revs on those engines. It pays to shift sooner, especially on the R18.

Sent from inside a differential.

Chappa, Tim Meuris, Opel-King and 8 others like this.
  14. nanucq

nanucq Racer

Since Aris made the video with the 235i, I shift way sooner (top power curve) and I gain second(s) per lap. With the Celica it's near 10 seconds on the Nords.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  15. Tombs

Tombs Rookie

Why wouldn't the shift lights be set for the optimal powerband then?

It'd be nifty if this stuff was a setup option. Both autoshift points and your shift lights.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  16. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

If someone complaining that most of new cars are in class of their own, then they need to try mix-up MC12 with old GT3 cars, as their real life GT1 counterparts raced with Maserati in pre-Blancpain, FIA GT1 World Championship. Just done event in Spa with R8's and Nismo's and laptimes are pretty even. Also, TT RS VLN can give a nice company for racing Lotuses, especially GX, but only with some restrictors tweak or ballast, because normally Lotus is about a second faster, depends on track. And for last, but not least, Celica is born to race with E30 Group A (which now is not alone anymore!)

Rosko likes this.
  17. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Added Restrictor (BoP)

Is this possible to set for Ai cars or you just set it in your own car during setup?

18. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

It's possible to BoP AI and yourself, but only in championship when you're adding cars to your line-up.

19. Yohnny240

Yohnny240 Hardcore Simmer

I don't remember Celica being in RBR but with the handling differences between those sims in mind I still find the AC version to feel lightweight and agile as hell, even more so if compared to Quattro :D.

Overall the update is very good, couldn't even dream 3 years ago that we will still be getting this much of updates full of greatness. :)

20. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

brilliant thanks.

21. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, all too often features are dropped in that would benefit from some explanation or instruction, and then you have to find the one explaining post from a dev buried in 10,000 other posts.