1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

How is oversteer at Nords bad? I was even driving the 919 and R18 oversteery and it felt great.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It would be nice to have a prevailing wind setting for each track. As you mention for Ricard locations do tend to have the wind coming from a certain direction.

3. Berry

Berry Alien

Dunno, might be just my preference, I like a neutral to understeery car on the Nordschleife, you lose a lot less time when compared to something that oversteers/wiggles too much.For example when the car is taking corners over crests (quite a few on the Nordschleife).But yeah, just personal preference :D.Also, talking about road cars, I hate aero-induced understeer on race cars.

aphidgod likes this.
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I hate every sort of understeer … :p

5. I hate excessive oversteer. I am not the kind of driver who enjoys throwing the steering wheel all over the place just to keep a car balanced. It's too much like hard work, and I get enough of that five days a week ;)

6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Wind direction is described by the direction the wind is coming from, not the direction it's going

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If you have a loose car driven well you use much less steering lock then one that understeers. Your never going to be drifting a race car and not an LMP1 or gt car unless you want to kill the tyres quickly. The main advantage of having a car thats a bit looser is on entry it pretty much turns in on its own then you can just straighten the wheel to the exit, if your needing massive corrections and huge opposite lock in a modern type race car your doing it wrong. If your also having one that understeers badly into the corners you need to slow more to make the apex and then wait longer for the exit so its usually the slower but safer way.

Old cars and street car however are a different story, many of these cars really need to be forced loose to just get into the apex with reasonable speed and so its much like a miny drift all the way around but that's mostly steered with throttle. Watch Goodwood revival races to see how the proper old school racing cars have to be driven to get any reasonable pace out of them, trying to be neat and tidy in one of those is going to be so much slower you may as well drive the medical car at the back of the grid. :D

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can use google to find current weather and forecasts at any track with something as basic as searching for "Monza weather" ;) Our league uses this method to set conditions for each round using the weather at the track location. Being in Australia its normally the day before weather at the in game race start time otherwise most races would be cold due to overnight conditions with most of the world a bit behind us.

Mogster and Tundra like this.
  9. I don't expect to be perfectly "neat and tidy" in road cars or classic race cars. The sliding and moving around is what makes them fun to drive. However, there is a limit! The sliding should be reasonably predictable, and never "knife edge" stuff. The latter is what I don't like about modern race cars.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I thought about this as well for the MultiClassics, but then ditched it when we found out that at Brands Hatch the temp was like 5-8°C and that only some of the cars could get their tyres up to temp.
    Could live with all of the cars having cold tyres, but if you have performance difference just because on one car they are properly heated and the other car has cold tyres … that really sucks for a fun league. ;)

But in principle I think it's a good idea. ;)

Edit: Wind would be less critical though, so could definitely think about that one.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well that really depends on the car, how it has excessive oversteer and how well it can be controlled.
    Oh and of course on your ambition. Do you just want to have fun driving the car or do you try to race/hotlap it.
    If the latter, then I'd agree that excessive oversteer is often too much work. In my case maybe with the exception of the 911 3.0 RSR, which I really like to through around.
    However, if it's about fun driving, then excessive oversteer can be huge fun. :)

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Content Manager will automatically set the real conditions for the track if you want it to. ;)

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Doesn't help much for a server but a plugin doing that would be cool, league races aren't run against AI usually. ;)

14. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

True, but you could just tick the box in CM to see what the current weather is and then just load it into the server app which is probably slightly more efficient than googling.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I see that point but in mixed car grids some conditions will always favour some cars over others no matter the conditions, over a season with such random real world settings its not likely to favour any car each round so it likely balances out somewhat by the end. When we ran a season in europes winter for those tracks we did add 10c to the temps as even they dont race when its freezing on regular tracks.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Normally yes, but not with the Group C cars, where the Mazda will struggle at low temps and the 962C doesn't really overheat unless you go to Africa. ;)

17. In real live, yes. But in the dedicated Server FAQ it is described as "Wind is pointing at" which means the opposite. Doesn't matter for me, since i figured it out. But other may get false wind direction and will wonder about false top speeds...

mobile greets, Wolfgang

18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

No it does not, it means the same thing, something must be lost in your translation from English to German.;)

19. "To point at" means that i show with my finger at something. And if this object is in the south I am pointing to south. To point at south means definitely that north is in my back. "The wind is pointing at south" means for me that the wind is blowing towards south, from the north.
    Anyway, waaay offtopic. Sorry, no further posts from me about this. If I am wrong it's ok for me too. I know what I have to set in AC to get the correct wind. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  20. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

You *can* feel wind in real-life, though. That's kinda my point here. :/