1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Used Nvidia Inspector to enable Resizable BAR for ACC and it works

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by buddhatree, Apr 17, 2021.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Using Nvidia Inspector you can enable resizable BAR in any game instead of waiting for Nvidia to add it to the whitelist so I tried it with ACC and works very well. The FPS increase is small, maybe 5 fps, but it's the smoothness that makes it nice. No stutter or pauses using epic textures, just a really really smooth game.

Of course you have to have a motherboard, video card, and drivers that support resizable BAR.

Here's the instructions if you want to try it: https://wccftech.com/heres-how-you-...bar-support-in-any-game-via-nvidia-inspector/

PostBox981 and chksix like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Downsampling: Nvidia & ATI Video Cards can be used 1440p on a display 1080p (ENG-ITA) May 15, 2014
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Apr 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room CSRL - ACC GT3 League focused on clean fun racing Sep 24, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Why is my GPU underused Aug 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Two acount on the same PC ,bug [Both accounts used same profile and config folder] May 21, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Terrible shadow rendering no matter what graphics used Jan 25, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 64-bit version suddenly doesn't launch (used to work) Jan 13, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Crash on launch "An unforeseen event has caused Assetto Corsa Launcher to retire from the race" Jan 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Update Paused: Win10 threat protection blocking [Update your Win Defender db] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting My ACC is constantly freezing but used to run very smoothly... Oct 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Used Tyres Restored to Pristine Conditions Jul 21, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU Usage warning ONLY when Speedlink DRIFI O.Z. is used [subpar CPU & potential driver issue] Jun 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions MFD bindings confused Mar 1, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Cpu and GPU not fully used but framerate decrease Dec 10, 2020

3. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Thank you for the suggestion.

I tested this on a single hotlap and it had a negative effect for me. As you can see in the frame graph, it is constantly worse. Disabled it again.

resizable.PNG

buddhatree, henkjansmits and Guus like this.
  4. Zeeflyboy

Zeeflyboy Gamer

I tried this a few days ago in VR. I didn’t do anything scientific but just did a few laps with fpsVR running... not a huge difference, but after enabling resizable BAR there was seemingly consistently just a couple of percent less GPU usage to maintain 90fps.

@Thomas Fun - what software did you use for making that graph?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  5. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

6. Zeeflyboy

Zeeflyboy Gamer

Thanks!

buddhatree likes this.
  7. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

It defiantly works, just got this working yesterday. Took a motherboard bios update, auto firmware update in precision x1 and then a separate bios update in the re-bar tab, update Nvidia drivers and finally turn on "Above 4g decoding". Only tested 2 games so far Forza Horizon 4- gained between 8 and 10 average frames and Dirt 5. Dirt 5 had high frame rates but not smooth looking with ray tracing on without bar, with it on looks smoother and no noticeable stutter. Ill defiantly try and add ACC.

buddhatree likes this.
  8. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Seems inconclusive at the moment. Ill wait for some more early adopters to take the plunge :)

9. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

Did some Fraps testing: ACC used a replay, not sure if this is the most valid way of testing but here are the results

Test 1 Bar on
    Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg
    20477 120000 115 204 170.642

Test 1 Bar off
    20497 120000 114 203 170.808

Test 2 Bar on:
    20437 120000 115 204 170.308

Test 2 Bar off:
    20501 120000 116 204 170.842

AC test:

Bar off:
    AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=234 MIN=16 MAX=275 VARIANCE=8 CPU=91%
    LOADING TIME: 12s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (2560x1440)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
    CPU CORES: 16
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:4
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:3 DOF:0 RAYS:0 HEAT:1

Bar on:
    AC VERSION: 1.16.4 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=232 MIN=33 MAX=274 VARIANCE=8 CPU=91%
    LOADING TIME: 11s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (2560x1440)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
    CPU CORES: 16
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:4
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:3 DOF:0 RAYS:0 HEAT:1

buddhatree likes this.
  10. its.me

its.me Racer

Unfortunately no positive effect in ACC also on my side.

buddhatree likes this.