1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Using clutch + paddle shifters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speedbee, Feb 22, 2014.

1. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

So I'll be getting the t500rs delivered very soon. However it doens't have H-shifter, so I wont be able to use proper manual gear shifting, but it does have the clutch pedal, so I've been thinking.

Is it possible to bypass this problem, so that I'd use the clutch, just as I would with the H shifter, but than instead of actually using a stick, I'd use the paddles to move through the gears.

In other words, will not having an H-shifter set up in AC settings, and disabling auto-clutch enable proper clutch simulation?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Is there a way to use an h shifter without using the clutch? May 3, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Exceeding Clutch Maximum Deadzone Causing Negative Signal May 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Using Clutch Pedal As Brake Sep 23, 2018
    Console Lounge Shifting (and using clutch) May 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Change gears without using the clutch Aug 24, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Sometimes I can change gear without using the clutch May 25, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues automatic clutch causing throttle lag? Nov 24, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Causing System Restart in the Menus [HW instability] Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting issue with pausing the game Jan 26, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC crashing due to out of VRAM when using VR Jan 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using Xpadder with ACC Aug 16, 2022

3. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

You can use the clutch exactly as though you have the H shifter. Just received my T500RS :)

4. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

so, if you drive the f40, and press the paddle shifter without the clutch it wont shift?

5. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Yes, it will. If it's a downshift you might kill the gearbox tho.

6. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

If you can afford a T500 you can afford the TH8RS to go with it... ;)

7. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Meh, I mount my wheel to the desk when I play, than put it away. The t500 itself was borderline extreme for that, but I decided to still get it. Having a th8 seems reeeaaly over the top...

I might consider it at some point later in time, but for now the t500 will do....--

8. Make sure you have a stable table, that sucker will rock that thing all over the room and your monitor will walk away with its tail between its legs.

I got the wheel without the shifter, but it didnt take long after I learned to heel'n'toe and stuff that I had to get it... and its worth every over the top penny.

The Moose likes this.
  9. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Aye, having a good shifter and driving H gate cars properly is 70% of the fun. The thought of paddle shifting an H gate car make me throw up a little :p

10. Ryno917

Ryno917 Alien

I didn't get the TH8RS because the stick sits too high to be practical when desk mounted, and I have nothing else to attach it to at the moment :(

11. BenC

BenC Hardcore Simmer

H pattern is also significant faster. 0.3 a lap generally

12. Hany

Hany Alien

I also have the t500 without H shifter. Using manual clutch is impossible unless u have an H shifter selected in the controle setting. U can still use the clutch but the game will apply auto clutch at the same time. So for drifting its good but not for racing.

Auto clutch is off when u cant shift with paddles in an H shifter car. If u can then auto clutch is on even when u turn it off in the assists settings.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

^ ahh thats whats going on when i had auto clutch off and tried driving cars with clutches using my csr pedals with the dfgt paddle shifters and wondering why i could shift wo the clutch at all even with auto turned off.

well bugger.

14. Hany

Hany Alien

The worst thing is that people with H shifter have an slight advantages with H shifter cars because they can up and down shift without using the clutch. Kunos should force using the clutch when h shifter is being used to take away the advantage.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I had a buddy he could do that in his car, but his whole transmission was 3/4 shot lol.

16. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

I didn't wanted to start a new thread so I will ask here if I can.
    I would like to know how to correctly use clutch and or throttle let off in cars with automatic transmissions (up-shifts) and what is better for which car especially.
    I found some drivers let off the throttle very quickly while up-shifting and some hit the clutch very quickly while keeping the accelerator fully pressed.
    I know there are many techniques, like for example double clutch (downshifting with manual) and using clutch and throttle can vary at the same car with a different driver, but some collected info about what cars like the most would be great.
    I mean for example with which car I can up-shift with full throttle and use only throttle blip during the down-shifting (clutch only for start) and where is better to release throttle a bit or hit a clutch quickly (speaking all the time about paddle shifters) I am kind of a new into "paddling" cause I somehow hated it but adapting quickly :)
    I like the H-shifter so much that I used to use it even with automatic transmission cars (probably because of usually poor clutch and gearbox modelling). For example using H-shifter in Zonda (another sims) makes me faster and more happy myself behind the wheel. I know it's not "realistic" but I'm just faster with H-shifter, because I do not need to focus on "6,5,4,3,2" in a 3 seconds period to avoid over-shifting and can focus more at the driving line etc. Right hand is like on autopilot then :)
    Edit: hah, first clue just found :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powershifting

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  17. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

Oh nevermind, I'm progressing more deep into the "speed secrets" book finding all the answers and explanations! Really impressive book!

18. Wealthysoup

Wealthysoup Simracer

Not true unless you know a trick for my G27 that I don't.

You can physically put it in gear but the game won't go to that gear unless you are either using the clutch or rev matching

19. Hany

Hany Alien

up-shift no clutch or rev matching needed, just lift of the throttle. down-shift just blip. easy to do and faster than paddles. If u cant do that then its your settings that are wrong.