1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

V1.3.4. tyre model fine tuning on gt cars and more.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't think the tech existed to produce a soft durable tyre till the early 70s. Tread improves mechanical grip if your tyres are like blocks of marble...

2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Choose one, you can't have both :p

Mogster likes this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Flint has a much higher value on Mohs scale.

Geology GCSE 20 years ago... :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. Alefruske

Alefruske Rookie

Thanks a lot for the update on the tyre model...on very first impressions is a super improvement in the gt cars behaviour and i loved it!!...the only thing that still don't convince me (in my opinion) is that all the cars (not only the gts) feel generally way too easy to recover when loosing grip...countersteering in real life seems to me a lot more of a tricky job (i drive a 300zx). anyway this is the right way i look forward for the next update in physics department! :D

dk78 and David Dominguez like this.
  5. Psit

Psit Alien

Get a 24nm servo wheel and try to save by countersteering then come here and tell me it is too easy :p

Alefruske likes this.
  6. I think it's probably a bit too easy at high speed (some cars worse than others), lower speeds are fine tho, it's not that hard to save slides going 120kph in real life... That doesn't mean that you should go try ! :D

AurusCE, Philippeapo and baboon like this.
  7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

It's very easy to counter steer in my RL bmw, not much force required:rolleyes:

8. Psit

Psit Alien

Its not so easy on my real life bmw e30 m3 DTM :rolleyes:

esox71 likes this.
  9. Alefruske

Alefruske Rookie

LOL...thats what I said...it's fine at low speeds but at high speeds seems like the car is too much "under control" (obviously imho)

10. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

In the attempt to balance the GT3 cars, I feel something has gone amiss. The Z4 GT3 is way faster for example at spa than the merc or nissan even at default setup over 1 second per lap. Way more grip apparent straight away even at rear wing 5 versus rear wing 8 for the merc, with a higher top speed too.
    It's almost like it feels it hasn't had the same 1.3.4 updates applied in the balancing. The nissan and merc feel similar laptime wise. Z4 way off.

I just gave those 3 cars a quick default setup hotlap with tyre warmers on around spa. Had to change the default setup on the merc as it was a spinning top otherwise.

Any confirmation?

11. eobet

eobet Simracer

This is music to my ears! More real world data! Data rules! :)

12. Hany

Hany Alien

The bop is done with custom setups for max performance. Dont compare the cars on default setup. In fact the z4 is max 2 tenths faster on spa than the sls. Wing 5 and 8 is way way too much because u can use 1 for both cars.

Jaye, AurusCE and Kade like this.
  13. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I just did a quick one with the mclaren too.
    The mclaren and merc have same lap time on a quick outing with rear wings at 2. The Z4 still 1 second faster and displays way more grip than the others regardless of setup. You can feel it before you have turned even one corner.

So surely then if rear wings at 1 shows that something is wrong in the aero data, as using monza type wings at spa is silly and shouldn't be the fastest way around.

Eau rouge was easy flat out with rear wing at 2 in the mclaren and z4 but not the sls, all done with slightly cold tyres.
    Like for like track conditions, back to back.

14. MJ911

MJ911 Racer

Great to hear tyres are constantly being improved for added realism.
    If Aris and team could fix the E30's tyres before my next league round that would be great ;)
    We also found a set of softs would now last for a 30minute race ,being driven hard, since 1.3, not sure that should be possible without a big drop off after 15-20 mins?

15. Hany

Hany Alien

Like I said the bop is done with custom setups. U cant just lower the wing to 1 without adjusting the setup to work with it. The z4 is 1 sec faster for u.

At spa these are the fastest aero settings which I use for most tracks;

Sls: 1-1
    Mcl: 0-1
    Nismo: 0
    Z4: 1-1
    Audi: 1-0
    Scg: 2-2 and 0-0
    Lambo: 1-2

If u are able to push the cars to the limit then u will find out that the z4 is not even close to being 1 sec faster. The z4 has much better default setup than the other cars. And btw who said using 1-1 is unrealistic? These are just position clicks and nothing more. Real team use very low wings and audi team never uses higher than 0 at the rear which is still very high.

A BOP for default setups will come but at a later stage. Improving the default setups to make the cars closer to each other.

16. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Gamer

Is it possible for me to change default setups so the AI uses them ?

17. D1visor

D1visor Alien

What is BoP?

18. Joao Alves

Joao Alves Racer

Balance of Performance

VenomSRT and D1visor like this.
  19. Michalis T

Michalis T Rookie

Not that core temps are more stable there is no way to tell in telemetry what the surface is doing. In my opinion, the inner, middle and outer tire temps should be available in the telemetry (ACTI) so that we know what the rest of the tire is doing in the turns. In the screen shot below, are two laps, same track, similar setup, on the temp graph the white temp lines are the new core temps, the colored ones are the ones in previous versions. There is no way to tell if the tire is overheating somewhere even part of the lap since the core does not move so much any more. I cant look at the supension app when I screen.jpg am on the limit, I am not that good:)

20. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

After trying the GTs I must say that I have really enjoyed their tires, it is very noticeable when they are cold and feel unstable as the turns takes grip. Kunos congratulate for their hard work, hope that we update every car. I think it's a big step.

Are the cars lotus (GTC and GTX) have not been updated their tires? These feel horrible, too grip, impossible to lose adhesion. No need to dispense gas.

Improvements in GT2 and GT3 cars are awesome, I hope we will see updated every tire of the game.

Thanks kunos.