1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic VIDEO - Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack Volume 1 - 918 Spyder

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Oct 20, 2016.

1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

After more than 12 years away from the hardcore sim-racing world, the Porsche Brand is coming to Assetto Corsa, as part of three DLC packages. The first of these packs, the Porsche Pack Volume 1, introduces some of the most iconic Porsche cars ever created, coupled with some of the most recent models of the Porsche 2016 line-up, with the aim to offer a perfect mix between road cars, hypercars, as well as modern and historic GT and racing models.

Let us introduce you to the 918 Spyder, which embodies the essence of the Porsche idea: it combines pedigree motor racing technology with excellent everyday utility, and maximum performance with minimum consumption.

The main source of propulsion is the 4.6-litre, eight cylinder engine that produces 608 hp (447 kW) of power. The engine is derived directly from the power unit of the successful RS Spyder, which explains why it can deliver engine speeds of up to 9,150 rpm. Because of its parallel hybrid configuration, the 918 Spyder can be powered at the rear axle either individually by the combustion engine or electric motors or via both drives jointly, thus giving it a total power of 887 hp (652 kW). The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h is performed within 2.6 seconds, and the top speed is reached at 345 km/h.

The 918 Spyder has conquered the 20.6-kilometre lap around the Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than seven minutes. Achieving a time of exactly six minutes and 57 seconds, the super sportscar shaved an incredible 14 seconds off the previous record.

The Porsche 918 Spyder is 1 of 7 cars coming to Assetto Corsa as part of the Porsche Pack Volume 1, scheduled for release on October 25th on Steam, then in November on PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One!

Stay tuned for more info!

In the meantime, enjoy our video.

SkechBG, Exage304, HavanaB0B and 18 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione Videos and Live Streams Policies Jan 29, 2022
    Screens & Videos Are Assetto Corsa videos limited to 18+ minutes? Nov 26, 2020
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Videos Jun 17, 2020
    Screens & Videos Mixed Reality Assetto Corsa (videos) Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione - Video Thread Sep 12, 2018
    Screens & Videos AK Racing [PC] | Live Streaming & Video [Aussie & Kiwi Assetto] Jun 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Helmet View Virtual Lap - F1 Assetto Corsa - Singapure Night - Screenshots and Video Sep 12, 2017
    Screens & Videos Fantasy and Reality - Assetto corsa video tribute Apr 2, 2017
    Screens & Videos Video:v Assetto Corsa VR - What a time to be aVIVE! Finally OpenVR Support Mar 22, 2017
    Screens & Videos How do I upload an Assetto Corsa Video? Feb 27, 2017
    Screens & Videos My first Assetto Corsa Drift Video Aug 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The Ultimate Assetto Corsa VS video - PC vs Console ! Aug 5, 2016
    Screens & Videos Videos Assetto Corsa Jul 25, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Controls setup G27 not working correctly in Assetto Corsa (Works in other games)(Video) Jul 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Youtube Videos May 14, 2016

3. Orne

Orne Alien

4. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

5. Here is a post (from FB) by Aris about the 918:
    Probably the most technologically packed car inside Assetto Corsa. The Porsche 918 spyder has it all. Active aero, brake steering, active differential at the rear, hybrid ERS system with different modes. 2 (two!) electric engines, completely independent front and rear, active antiroll bars (!), active rear wheel steering (!!), active All Wheel Drive with electric motor at the front and active torque vectoring...

All of that stuff has to comunicate with each other and try to be as transparent to the driver as possible. Not an easy task. Does it succeed? Not sure, you'll be the final judge. But it does succeed on being an amazing driving experience, a totally different level from everything else.

When you have 900hp, even on hypercar class sticky street tyres, traction is your main issue. While all the other hypercars struggle to find traction on anything less than slicks, the 918 simply digs into the asphalt and manages amazing exit speeds with the pedal to the metal. I wouldn't call it an easy car to push close to the limits. Very stable, amazing traction, especially with the street tyres. It might seem a bit heavy, not easy to stop or even a bit understeery on occasion. But trust it, be smooth but decisive, don't be aggressive mid corner, let it "take a set" and then push through the exit, and you'll be rewarded with some unbelievable laptimes and brand new sensation of traction and acceleration.

6. skeinon

skeinon Rookie

The kind of news that i like to hear ....
    Keep it up kunos !!

7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

8. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Looks to be a really awesome DLC!

Will they be usable online for console players?

9. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

I'm absolutely over the moon with excitement for this new DLC! The 918 is my first pick for the ring!

10. TNTNitro

TNTNitro Gamer

Xbox One PS4 November

11. kspear178

kspear178 Rookie

I am extremely excited about the Porsche pack.
    However, saying available in November doesn’t sound very precise consider the exact date for pc launch was announced and is October 25th. I know there is a different approval process for consoles that takes longer but I would be disappointed if there isn’t an update possibly (fixing the region lock problem for online lobbies, adding custom lobbies, adding dlc cars for online play) or the red pack dlc before the Porsche pack in November. Please give us something to tide us over till November?!?!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Austrian_Eagle and L2D_Gopher like this.
  12. god bless kunos !!!!1

13. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! We can't wait to tell you more :)

14. Peter Leong

Peter Leong Rookie

November on PlayStation® 4? does it include ASIA region?

15. Lancaster

Lancaster Gamer

Well that's fantastic, I'll be getting exactly what I paid for. Just a little note though. Not a biggy, well sort of. I'm in Australia and there is no one online..... Seriously, NO ONE... lols
    I love playing A/C just simply on my own, I don't mind. But it would be nice to have someone to race against. I can't imagine why A/C isn't as popular?

16. 997R8V10

997R8V10 Rookie

Is there any note on the price of this? Or will it be free? Either way, it looks amazing!

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

o_Oo_Oo_O
    You just didn't expect the Porsche Packs to be free add ons, didn't you?
    :rolleyes:
    1.9 and the new Panamera are for free though.

19. Tank´s for all!!!great work!!!

20. 997R8V10

997R8V10 Rookie

Yay! I just bought the season pass. Volume 1 is amazing!!! Can't wait for the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk