1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Virtual triple screen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tirex, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

First thank you for all the work you have already done

I have the chance to play on a personnal playseat in front of my 42'' TV.

So this evening in front of this big screen , I had an idea... I tried to simulate a triple screen on one.

The idea was to have a black barre under and above the virtual triple screen.

So, in the Nvidia inspector I defined a new custom resolution of 1920x360 and let the screen in standard 1920x1080 resolution.

In game I choosed my new resolution and check triple screen and full screen mode.

And..... It work :D

The only problem is that ingame app and menu of GUI are scaled on the résolution of the real screen and not on the virtual triple screen.

So I can't access to the setup menu and app are 3x so big.

It will be wonderfull if that specific configuration can be take in count in the GUI.

I found this config absolutly amazing. I advice everybody who can to test ;) It's less expensive than 3 screens...

Sorry for my english

Jack_NL and paulieGTR like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Force virtual mirror with triple monitor Aug 6, 2015
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024
    ACC User Interface Shift Indication on Virtual dash on new KTM GT2 car is outlined too wide Jan 24, 2024
    ACC User Interface CAN'T REMOVE VIRTUAL PITBOX MARKER Nov 28, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Virtual TechArt GTstreet R now available for racing simulation Assetto Corsa Jun 29, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface Move Virtual Mirror Aug 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Virtual Mirror in VR Jun 1, 2022
    ACC User Interface Option to disable car mirros but maintain virtual mirror only Mar 13, 2022
    ACC User Interface Can't see virtual mirror Sep 19, 2021
    ACC User Interface Virtual Mirror has to be Resetet every Newstart Sep 8, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC]2021 Virtual Sport Prototype Challenge Aug 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting d3d lost / random freeze and crash without error msg [malconfigured pagefile/virtual mem settings] May 25, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC-PC] Virtual Le Mans Classic 2021 May 25, 2021
    ACC Tools ACC Virtual Safety with indicator start race ? May 20, 2021

3. spliff

spliff Gamer

only 360 pixels for the height sounds a little low. can you still read the gauges in the car?

4. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

For all of them visible in the specific FOV of triple screen yes.... Not for M3 GT2...

5. matt1314

matt1314 Rookie

And how is the performance with your GTX460?

6. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

I don't really understand why but less lag than in single screen..... with the same parameters....

7. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

can you post a screenshot what it looks like please, I also have 42 inch screen?
    Thanks

8. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

Sans titre1.png Sans titre2.png
    As you can see the problem is the exit button... he is on the setup button :(

9. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

wauw that I have to try!!

I have a Panasonic plasma 42" but not have a play seat or such as it is just my TV

but for testing, a chair and putting my spare red momo on an table will be just fine :)

awesome finding, hope that problems you mention can be solved for the big screen users

10. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

As somebody test ?

11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

omg, why would anyone voluntarily not use all pixels of his screen? The only reason I could think of would be performance, but I think there are better ways.
    Or do you think because you only use part of your screen you can use a wider FOV? Sorry, but to me this sounds like someone doesn't understand how to set up his FOV correctly. But to each his own...

Anyway, the only reason for activating triple screen would be if you have an angle between your screens. The way you are using it you only lose performance because of three separately rendered view ports.
    You can change your FOV with the +/- keys in single screen mode, and you can do that even while using all of your pixels, that way you could also see all of the GUI.

genius idea is genius ;)

12. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

13. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Not yet will test today

14. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

Thank for advice of FOV thomas

Triple
    3T.png
    Large FOV
    Sans titre.png
    I find that there is a lot of distorsion with large FOV...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  15. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

the distortion is exactly the same in both images, the upper one just hides part of the screen. You could stick a paper on the top and bottom part of your screen, would be the same.
    both.jpg
    See what I did there?

Do whatever makes you happy. But I think you will have a hard time to convince the devs they should redesign their GUI because you only want to use part of your screen :)

16. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

Agree with you, I saw that when tested...but immersive impression is not the same ...

"But I think you will have a hard time to convince the devs they should redesign their GUI because you only want to use part of your screen :)"

totaly agree too :oops: i'll try to find a solution to access setup button

good play to all

17. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

you could measure the height of all icons in the GUI bar and use that as your screen height, probably around 700 pixels.

But if you think that the second screen is distorted (which it probably is, depending on your eye distance from the TV) you should use a lower FOV. Using a FOV close to the correct number gives the best immersion, at least for me. For a single screen you probably have to do a compromise between correct FOV and being able to see what's happening around you. I'd suggest a vertical FOV of 35-40°, so if you are only using a third of your screen this would be ~13°. Takes some time getting used to, but it's so much easier to drive if you have less distortion.

18. Fruitz23

Fruitz23 Racer

Why would you do that. You can just adjust your FOV. The distortion is the same.

Your screen doesn't get bigger, so you should drive the same FOV as before.

Greetz, Fritz

19. Tirex

Tirex Rookie

The correct real vertical FOV with my configuration is arround 20° but i see nothing arround me in that config with a single screen....
    It's why I test virtual triple screens.
    Thanks for your support.