1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR features wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tberg, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Updated the list today.

- mirrors no longer an issue, as KS has changed angles for side- and back camera to match great.
    - because of oculus released ASW, it is now possible for even minimum spec Rift-rigs to run PP, therefore greatly enhancing the fonts in menues, among other things.
    ASW will introduce slight lag, but nothing like f.i. Vsync on a regular screen setup.

Above may not be solved issues as such, but hardly a priority on the VR wishlist.

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

From the 1.9 update:

- Stereo imaging now works as expected

Haven´t had much time to actually check, and didn´t notice this, but did it fix the stereo rendering in VR?

3. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

No, it didn't

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

ok thanks :)

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

its talking about audio, not VR :D

Dean Ogurek and Tberg like this.
  6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah, I figured it was something like that, stereo is definitely better. Still, do you guys also feel that the enginesound is too centered when using CV1 headphones? It´s not a dealbreaker, but I would like the engine to not sound like it's inside my head.

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, some directional sound-cues would be helpful; Dirt Rally has some well-done in-car effects with nicely tuned resonance qualities IMO. I'm not sure they have included 3D-directional sound though.

8. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Double

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  9. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

Triple

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  10. aliasgreg

aliasgreg Gamer

I would love to see names of other racers. It seems Ctrl+L does not work (at least for me) using the headset and makes racing in a league a bit less social.

11. Not really absolutely a VR wishlist but I'd like to be able to drive back to the pits after a race is completed instead of abruptly being beemed to my pit box. It really breaks immersion in my opinion.

Also I'd like more time given between clicking on start race and the beginning of the red light countdown, currently it is less than 5 seconds or so. It takes sometime to adjust my headset, my screen apps, etc.

12. rafffel

rafffel Racer

another addon optional but :

-Head moving in MP (other opponent can see you looking it :D)
    -mirror adjusting depending to head position if you lean to mirror you can have a different angle IRL

Phil64, Typer and gandlers like this.
  13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Already in the list.

Truly nothing to do with VR, therefor not entering the list, sorry.

I´m sorry, these options seem to far away to happen, therefore not entering the list for AC 1.

Updated OP with a few solved subjects.

14. rafffel

rafffel Racer

lol that 2 features is already on LFS you know x).
    so ok it's not high priority for the game but can be on wishlist i think (or the wishlist is submit to you're objectivity ? )

15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well you posted your ideas, but as written in OP, they are hardly realistic to be included before everything else. The wishlist is more basic funtionality features and corrections rather than icing on the cake. Sure, the ideas would be cool having implemented, but I'd rather see the list as something obtainable in near future.

Best

Blamer likes this.
  16. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Head movement for VR players, would love to see the multi players head movement matching what their rift is doing...would be great to see your own head in the mirrors, and other drivers eye to eye on a fast straight would be so funny way to find out if your opponent is in vr too.

Typer and gandlers like this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

2 items I would like to see in VR
    1. I would like the view in the mirror to reflect what we see in real life, ie the interior of the car for the central mirror and the side of the car for the side mirror, it would be nice even for flat screen but very nice for VR
    2. Have the ability to map more commands to the wheel when those buttons are available, like on my CSR elite, since getting to the keyboard while in VR is not very practical.

18. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

yeah, better mirror implementation would be good. Currently the mirrors dont converge as they typically would IRL. so it leads to massive blind spots and having your head on a swivel means you looser concentration on you line
    head movement would be awesome too, not just for VR users. It would be handy to glance at a car beside and see them glance at you so you know they are aware of you so you can race a little closer rather than giving them a wide berth having to assume they dont know you are there

Typer likes this.
  19. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

A two seconds 'stare to select' function would be nice

Dean Ogurek and kofotsjanne like this.
  20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Possibility to change in a ini file if you want everything in the setup screen to be a bigger size or not? I dont know how it is with cv1 but with dk2 its a bit difficult to read the text which is essential for someone that doesnt really know how to set up cars.