1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Vscr- evora gtc cup starting on 6th of september

Discussion in 'Online Leagues / Championships room' started by Tig_green, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Tura

Tura Gamer

Was racing with you guys a couple of days ago and it was fun. Pretty clean racing as well with just a few exceptions. You might want to think about running minorating on your server. People might be even more careful with that in mind.

2. Depco

Depco Rookie

Thanks for the advice. I have not heard of minorating. I'll have to look into it. I had a good time the other night on the server. I am glad to see your comment. You should stop over to our forums and say hi. If our race times work for you maybe you can come race with us on Sundays.

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

4. Depco

Depco Rookie

Thank you for the link. I will be bringing this up with the league to see if it is something we are interested in implementing on the server and across the league.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

Yeah that does sound good! The race day server will be passworded so the racing that day will be clean. The carb day practice and race also help because everyone will have practice, a good setup and the flow of the weekend will be worked out and everyone will have a chance to work out technical (like PC-related or connection) issues before the actual race. Yeah, it's great to race with a fast group, but to us, racing with a clean group is more important- that's why we use the 75% damage so that there's a consequence to driving poorly. I don't know about everyone else, but when I practice for hours for a race then I get wiped out by someone who did not- that pisses me off. Or to get wiped out by someone who is fast over a lap but extra aggressive and terrible in the actual race is frustrating as well. The extra damage forces you to think about that dive bomb pass and to set up the other driver rather than do something stupid.. which a dive bomb pass is!

In our past races we have managed to keep these sorts of things to a minimum- though there's no way to totally get rid of racing incidents of course. But if you race with us long enough, you are guaranteed to go wheel-to-wheel cleanly and work up a sweat in an epic battle because you can trust the drivers you're on track with and after a few races you learn who you can race and how they drive. Dek (VSCR original member) and I are very similar in pace and it seems we always qualify within a couple grid spots and we always end up racing each other hard. He's one of my favorite sim racers because of this. We just can't seem to separate LOL! We've raced together for the past couple years and that makes the difference.

@dek- We're close but I'm a lot better than him :p

6. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Just a reminder that we have a practice race tommorrow (carb day). Session starts at 16 GMT as usual. This is for preparing for our season opener next week, but it's not compulsory. There is still time to sign up. I have met many drivers in our server who would fit in just perfect ;)

7. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

We are going to have our first race of the season this Sunday. Session starts at 16 GMT (practice session). 35 laps race in Zandvoort. This is the first race of our Evora GTC cup.

Clean and fun racing with some nice guys. There should be 10 of us so far. Time to join the action!

cc570 likes this.
  8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

The carb day race was fun. I really needed it to work out some technical issues I had and to find a rhythm on this track. I love this version of Zandy, it may be my favorite version ever. I can't wait for the big race, 150k is going to take longer than I thought it would, there should be different strategies too. I think the final 5 laps are going to be amazing!

A friend and I did some laps here with the GT86, then switched to the Evora. LOL, it was like driving on fast forward after the slow GT86!

9. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Server is now passworded for our raceday. First race tonight. Still time to obtain your place among us.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

That was fun, the tires held upa lot better than I thought they would. None of these races will need a pit stop for an hour long race- the fuel and tires last forever. No one could touch Tig_green though, he was on a different plane! Chad and I had a great battle for 16 laps until I had to pit.... bad strategy

Blackwood UHD is next, that was so fun in the AC Cobra, the Lotus will be a 100% different experience.

11. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Our next race will be in Blackwood on 4th of October. This Sunday is carb day (practice race) as usual. Remember to sign up in our website.

Last race was fun. I hope to see some more new faces (or helmets :D) in Blackwood :)

12. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Carb day (practice event) today in Blackwood. This is a great opportunity to trim away all the possible mistakes before the actual race next week. Also a great opportunity to meet our league members and find out if you would like to join our cup :) See on track tonight, starting at 16 GMT (practice session, race at 17 GMT)

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

The carb day practice and race help me out quite a bit and I think make the long race that much better. This is the sort of thing that makes TeamSpeak shine too. Chatting with others during practice about setups and lines helps a lot. It's a chance for everyone to come togther for a formal practice session instead of everyone just haphazardly jumping on the 24/7 practice server and not seeing each other. The 24/7 server is better for quick pick-up races.

14. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Remember folks that we have our official race day on Sunday starting at 16GMT. Lets make it a good one! :)

Still time to sign up.

15. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Here are the results for our Blackwood race yesterday http://simresults.net/151004-3GT

Thanks Maurice for the results and for the awesome results program. And congratulations for the win!

So 2 wins in a row for Maurice now. Who will take the challenge in the next race?... which will be Eastern Creek on 25th of October (carb day 18th of October)

We have great group already but the more the merrier. So do not be afraid to check out our server and sign up. Fighting for positions is fun no matter what position you are fighting for.

-Matt

16. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Here's the event info and registration page in our website

http://virtualsportscarracing.com/index.php

ps. apparently I can't give you direct link, but go to Assetto Corsa subforum and pick Eastern Creek thread.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

18. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Practice race in Easter Creek tommorrow (18.10). Session starts at 16 GMT. Our league's first time together with the new tyre model. Come to meet us and have a fun race.

19. Tig_green

Tig_green Rookie

Race day on Sunday starting at 16 GMT. Check our server and our website to join in. No matter if you are slow or fast, as long as you can race clean and enjoy your sim-racing.