1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

upload_2021-12-27_10-26-21.png

upload_2021-12-27_10-26-7.png

Abarth 595 SS Step 2 @ Vallenlunga Club

RSR WR 1.06.764

Close to 50 people have put in laps for this combo. If you can manage a 1.07-1.11 you'll be ahead of the curve!

Ideal psi; 42

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Abarth 595 ss step2
    Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Vallelunga Club
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday January 2nd 2022 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season: Open
    1. Car: Lexux RC F GT3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a single fastest lap
    3. Time of day: 13:00
    4. Track: Snetterton
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #254 Dec 4, 2021

3. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    The return of the mini widow maker. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

4. Pretend racer

oops! I posted the wrong car lol! I meant for this combo to be the stage 1 595 abarth. I don't think it makes much difference honestly, other than the stage 2 is a couple seconds quicker. I'll see if I can change the rsr info in the first post

5. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Its funny. I quadruple checked to make sure I had the right car as I figured there was no way I was faster than the record holder.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:07.216
    PC

Abarth SS S2 Hotlap.png

Fun car, I'm not a big fan of Vallelunga in any of it's iterations though.

7. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

For some reason the Abarth stage 1 and 2 are not installed on my AC... did a few laps with the standard Abarth 595 SS though, about 10 seconds slower.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

8. Pretend racer

I would suggest doing a integrity check through steam. It should find any missing files and replace them for you.

9. Pretend racer

I just came across something I find quite interesting. Aris.Drives is live right now on youtube, he's a dev of the game. I joined his discord and there's a ton of good info there. There's a place to post setups which is pretty cool but he also has an engineer bot! You tell it something you want to change and it spits out a formula to correct it. Check it out, I copied one of the requests that had been made of the engineer bot.
    I think this could be pretty helpful for people who use acc.

Hello, I can try to help you with some basic advice, but please always remember that the problem is between the steering wheel and the racing seat...

Please specify the issue by typing at the #setup-engineer-bot channel:
    setup: how to work with engineer

setup: understeer high speed entry
    setup: understeer high speed apex
    setup: understeer high speed exit
    setup: understeer low speed entry
    setup: understeer low speed apex
    setup: understeer low speed exit

setup: oversteer high speed entry
    setup: oversteer high speed apex
    setup: oversteer high speed exit
    setup: oversteer low speed entry
    setup: oversteer low speed apex
    setup: oversteer low speed exit

setup: car bounces on kerbs/bumps
    setup: high speed over/under
    setup: low speed over/under

setup: tyre pressures
    setup: tyres overheating
    setup: tyres cold

setup: brake pads

80k — Today at 9:47 AM
    setup: understeer low speed entry

Dyno
    BOT
    — Today at 9:47 AM
    Assuming pressures are correct.
    Do only one modification at a time
    From more to less influence.
    - Less front braking balance
    - 1 click higher front bumpstop range
    - 1 click lower front bumpstop rate
    - 1 click lower front wheel rate
    - 1 click lower front antiroll bar
    - 1mm lower front ride height
    - 2mm higher rear height
    - Less preload
    Generic:
    - More front negative camber
    - Less rear negative camber
    - Less rear toe

10. Pretend racer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

I set the camber and toe to 0. 3L fuel.
    41, 42
    40, 41
    psi
    100% braking power

Took a lap or two to figure out the snap oversteer on corner entry, then its just a matter of trying to be smooth and maximize the exit speed.

11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the advice, I did that but steam didn't find missing files. Then I checked under cars subfolder, the stage 1 and 2 Abarths are there, the problem is that the launcher is not recognizing the presence of these cars.

Now I'm away from home, I'll return Friday for further troubleshooting. Any other ideas?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

12. Pretend racer

The only other thing I can think of is that the cars must not be correctly placed in the proper directory. Make sure that it looks like this;
    upload_2021-12-29_9-40-41.png

13. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Tried the above, No joy!

14. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

My directory doesn't have the S2 listed. Only SS & S1. If I choose S1 in game it gives option to upgrade to other available versions, S2 is the only listed available version. When chosen the S1 is upgraded to S2. When I go back to the file directory which Pretend racer showed only the 595 ss & 595 s1 appears, yet in game it clearly states s2. Strange.
    I'm on PC with Steam version of AC.

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.
  15. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Ah yes, the Abarth, I hoped to never need to drive this car again :D

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:05:480

[​IMG]
    Video:

@gamma500: Looks like you accidentally deleted the S2 folder I guess...

16. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Possibly, I recently added a 1tb SSD and cloned my 500gb SSD to it. Had a confusing time getting the new SSD to be recognized as primary drive. I'm sure I messed something up during the process. I bet the missing folder is sitting in my old drive which is now backup. Now I'm wondering what else didn't make the transition.

17. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    1:07.055
    PC
    Thought I was going to be into the 6’s until I cocked the final corner!

Attached Files:

18. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Here it is. My first Fanatec time... not competitive but hopefully in the future. Was working through Christmas but enough time to test the little beauty! Just fantastic. My first thought is of course the details you get back. So much easier to catch the car or nowing when to catch it. With the Logitech it was always too late. Just a great experience

Attached Files:

19. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Excellent!
    If I may, what were you using before? I only ask because I went from TM to Fanatec and the difference was amazing! I'm still figuring out the settings but out of the box it was superior to say the least.

20. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, I re-read your post and see you were using Logitech. My bad. I should pay better attention.
    Enjoy!!

21. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Thanks a lot. Ye Logitech. Mental jump. I got the Csl DD and the WRC rim. It was the only one compatible with xbox for 200e. It's perfect for me anyway. I didn't look at any options yet or settings but one thing annoy me is I can't have the speed or gears on the rim when i drive. It's just black. Maybe one of you will know. I didn't install anything on the xbox. It just worked and nothing saying on the quick guide only for PC