1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

upload_2022-1-1_10-30-15.png

upload_2022-1-1_10-30-29.png

Lamborghini Huracan GT3 @ Nordschliefe

RSR WR 6.26.017

Close to 250 people have tried this combo. If you can manage a 6.45 you'll get on the first page of results (top 50). A 6.53 is worth a top 100.

Ideal PSI - 26

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Nordschliefe
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday January 2nd 2022 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Season GT4
    1. Car: Audi R8 LMS Gt4
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for total laps/time
    3. Time of day: 11:00
    4. Track: Donnington Park
    5. Weather type eg: Light Rain
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #254 Dec 4, 2021

3. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Doh…is it Saturday again? :)

I’ll pop up the ACC challenge tomorrow

4. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, more off topic advice.

iRacing, is it any good, and should I get a years subscription for £29.99 (Steam sale). I know you have to then buy cars/tracks, but is it any good?

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC Challenge

Season GT4
    1. Car: Audi R8 LMS Gt4
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for total laps/time
    3. Time of day: 11:00
    4. Track: Donnington Park
    5. Weather type eg: Light Rain
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

6. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Iracing isn't too bad if you have money to burn. 30$ gets you in the door, then you gotta buy cars, tracks and they go for about 15$ each. I tried to do it without spending money and I got to A license by grinding the rookie miata series. Didn't take too long actually. But then I got bored, I don't like most of the popular cars but I did buy a GT3 car that I could use in a couple of different series. The season is 12 weeks long though, and I didn't want to buy all the tracks I would need. So I just kinda gave up. I tried the dirt oval, and road oval racing which I actually enjoyed more than I thought I would , the rally racing was a little too hardcore for me. Even though I had fun oval racing I still couldn't justify the ongoing costs. Also, I couldn't ever get the feel for the physics and the UI, like I had in AC. So I have stayed in AC - best bang for your buck. I imagine I will like ACC Gt3 racing better than the iracing but I'll let you know when I get my new compter (delayed till Feb now FFS!).

I would recommend watching some youtube vids where the plan out how to spend your money over the course of a year in order to max your bang for your buck.

7. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Cheers fella, appreciate that. As well as loving AC and ACC on PC (that’s a lot of abbreviations), i’ve also enjoyed RaceRoom for the ‘quick’ competitions it serves up. It’s priced, minus the subscription, in a similar way to iRacing - just much, much cheaper. It also seems, no matter which I play, they come up short of AC/ACC in how I feel when driving them, but it’s still nice to have variety.

I know have AC, ACC, RFactor2, RaceRoom, PC2 and Mobalista2 (which I personally find dreadful to drive). Maybe that’s enough for know.

Disclaimer: the list excludes EuroTruck, AmTruck, WRC10 and Dirt 2.0 which I also run.

And fact number 2, someone scratched the entire side of my car over the Xmas period - that’s going to be pricey!

8. Reading that made me livid for you @TinPeach . Once again, I find myself stunned at the sheer evil in some people. My sympathies and I hope you can get away with a special crayon and rub!

9. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-1-3_19-35-40.png
    Hotlaps around the Nordschleife are so intense.
    By 2/3rds of the way around my eyes are out on stalks. If the lap is going well, the pressure to complete it just makes me laugh!
    Then crash. :rolleyes:

10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Unfortunately, due to the car I own, it will be a re-spray of most panels. I kinda get used to it, had the same with my last motor. It’s also surprising how little give way or common courtesy you receive when in a red sports car. But I do appreciate the sympathy.

11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

I've been iRacing for maybe 2 or 3 months, my opinion is that their racing system is great, it groups people with similar levels (irating), so you are usually racing competitive races. Another pro is that most series have hourly races, if you don't have much time for scheduling races, just turn the pc on and go racing. But that's all.

I can't say much about ovals, but people usually say iracing is the best option for ovals. No idea about dirt racing.

After an initial enthusiasm for iracing, I've been little by little dropping it and enjoying more AC/ACC.

Last week I bought automobilista 2, but barely touched it.

A good approximation for iRacing racing system is low fuel racing (for ACC races), check it out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

12. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Oooh! Nordschleife time again.

This will have to wait until the weekend as I'm back at work again :(

As @Totall Wrytoff says cue plenty of pressure, swearing, crashing and then that one moment of jubilation.

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    PC

I’m still at the swearing and crashing stage!

Attached Files:

14. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

My basement is still waiting to get patched up from the contractor. All the water has been evacuated on the carpet padding has been thrown out but the carpet is reusable so they're just going to replace the padding and replace all the baseboards and paint and touch up the walls.

All the plumbing has been fixed but I can't move anything back in until they get to hold basement finished up so it'll probably be until next week before I get set up

Pretend racer and Peggy11 like this.
  15. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

In Vegas right now with my girlfriend and my sister for my birthday trip. We went to Gordon Ramsay's hells kitchen last night for dinner and going out for brunch now. Then we're going to go to Zion and Bryce canyon national Parks.

Staying at the Golden Nugget which is okay but very affordable. Hell's kitchen was right outside Caesars Palace

16. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    6:51.766
    PC

lambo hotlap.png

This will probably be my only attempt, I usually love trying to improve on this track but this car feels like a dead brick to drive to me!

I don't know whether it's just a Lambo thing or ACC has ruined the GT3 cars on AC for me? I seem to remember the McLaren GT3 feeling very meh compared to the ACC version as well :confused:

17. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-1-6_21-23-53.png
    @Peggy11 , I agree with the brick thing.
    I've softened the suspension and raised the packer rates to full, my attempt to get the car to "flow" a bit better and it has helped.
    That's got to be worth a try....:D

18. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah maybe I'll have another tinker with it over the weekend, I would like to get a sub 6:50 so maybe I'll use that as my motivation.

Watch this space ;)

19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    PC

Happy to be driving on par with you guys. I remember one of my first whcs, the f1 Ferrari 2004 at this very same circuit, I was ages behind you all.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

20. caly82

caly82 Simracer

AC
    Caly82Race
    XB1

E3C0C178-B3FA-4614-901C-D730E657DE8E.png

21. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Helllooo guys,

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ