1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wet track racing/driving videos and discusion thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Apr 4, 2017.

1. What's the point about having visual only for rain ? Hmmm ..

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well, in order to have particles effect grip has to be over 0.9 iiric. And thats maybe good for "damp" placebo. Perhaps they would go and do some wizzardry with tires too, IDK. But I think it is mainy for eye.

And here is a kool video. Looks a bit chaotic.

paul_wev likes this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah it really sucks that spray (particles) can only work at a certain grip or higher. Does it only matter about the track grip? If so maybe it could be made to work with a high track grip and low ingame grip setting? I assume on your Goodwood Wet track the puddles are like off circuit grass and the lower grip there relative to the rest of the track wouldn't be a problem? Goodwood Wet with spray would be amazing!

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes it would be amazing, and then something else next would be amazing and so on. Windshield getting wet and foggy, wipers wiping off water, reflections of a car on puddles and wet tarmac...

Having 0.9 friction multiplied by dusty or old conditions ~0.9 afaik, would give 0.81, it could possibly feel ok with some cars, but in general it would be more like damp track than wet. Of course you could assume that tires are proper wets and it could help for placebo. Such setting could work for particular cars, which aren't really doing it with my sort of "hack" in Goodwood Wet mod as some particular cars feels immersive, and some not really. You always have control with temps and Dusty-Optimum.

Spray hack is bad idea IMO because of performance.

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah doesnt sound great if grip is still high at lowest ingame setting. It makes sense now I think of it as 97 is like normal track setting right? No big deal, wet Goodwood is great fun as is.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Remembering our last race in ALOOG with 911 GT3 RS, I had no fun at all lol comparing to S800 or GTA. However, after getting used and after adjusting for pressures, taking out cambers, taking out rear toe, and with full TC and aero, and with less fuel :D it become really surprising rewarding lol Also seemed like higher spressure allowed to get more heat in tires, alsmost like it actually should be IRL when wet lol

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I was loving the S800 RSC in the wet. Really good fun!!

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yas that was awesomness, only that it was a bit too slippery for really low speed bellow ~90kmh, I kept getting pwned on that detail.

Too bad ACC will only be GT3 cars, though even those should become plenty of fun in Wet conditions, really looking forward for it.

This being said the majority will still mostly drive ONLY dry sunny Spa in afternoon for 5laps sprint races 4 ever.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Looks like fun. Also some of the craziest track limits abuse (of the entire grid) I've ever seen, it's like circuit racing with a bit of autocross sprinkled in. lol

LeiF likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

11. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

so anyone know what tires used in this video?

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Continental Tire G6500 slick (dry) / W2 (wet).

No idea which ones were on the car, Parente's comments (and drive) are confusing. Talks about staying on the dry and wet line within the same one lap. Session was wet though, so unlikely that he was on dry slicks.

Well, Parente's times in the wet Practice 2 session weren't exactly stellar, but all the GTD entries were driving very cautiously.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Looks so stable... lots of TC I'm guessing

Also, heavy rain at the N24 atm. No in-cockpit onboards sadly.

hristo1026 likes this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

what are you watching?! During the night there are only onboard and pit cameras...
    Great coverage of wet driving lines watching Metzger

Epistolarius likes this.
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I mean no in-cockpit in terms of seeing what the driver does, like 'over the shoulder'. But the N24 onboards they have are still great to watch.

Minolin likes this.
  16. hazardic

hazardic Alien

not necessarily, could be a proper & smooth throttle/brake input

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

18. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Nope not raining

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  19. chakko

chakko Alien