1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wet track racing/driving videos and discusion thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I personally love racing in the wet both in real life and SIM racing. Most of my most enjoyable kart races have been wet races. The kart slides much more progressively and slowly and slides are much easier to catch.

I guess the reason people don't want to race in rain in sims is because people don't want the challenge. They find something hard or difficult and then they can't cope with it, so they give up. I did countless races in GTR2 with wet weather and by about lap 2 half of the field had crashed out and had retired, that was a pretty common thing, or more likely as soon as the race day conditions were displayed you would have 5 people instantly leave the server. It's a shame but I guess people don't want the challenge.

Schnipp and mantasisg 2 like this.
  2. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

I've been around the Nordschleife in my car, in the rain, with only one working windscreen wiper lol.

Imo rain could come in two "levels", one being just an overall damp condition that works like a multiplicator on the track grip, and then a level that would account for track geometry, form runnels and puddles. The latter is probably quite some time away

Schnipp likes this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think there's a lot of rote learning that goes on in simracing. Nothing changes so you know that braking point x will always work etc. People practice over and over and become really fast but often using techniques that have no basis in the real world...

In the real wold stuff constantly changes and you have to be able to adapt, it's hard but that's the way it is...

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thank you :) I took vintage car to Aviano Full, and full rainy weather. I really like the way grip feels. That sim was pretty good !

I did many clean laps, and it was not hard enough, till I devided, that I should go faster :D

That thunder is great, scared me at first, didn't expect lol

Would it be possible to make an online race in netKar PRO, @andy-riches ? :D

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You would have to ask Steve or Mr G for that 1 I'm afraid, I don't have free rein over our server. The old F3 cars are fun in the wet in rf2.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@andy-riches I was not completely serious, but I'd like to. Gotta try rF2 once again, it is very nice sim indeed, I skipped few updates, I guess studio 397 is doing well. Rain in nKP does feel good, I will never understand that it wasn't very popular. But as @Ben Lee mentioned probably just too challenging for majority :/

Andy-R likes this.
  7. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Hi Lord, sorry for disturbing, i have download the demo and i have insert the code..the game start, i select car and track and after that the game remain stuck in the upload page..the game stuck at this point "cars/500abarth/shadow/nko", i have Windows 10, can i have your help please?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

With upload I assume you mean the loading screen? Make sure you have the latest, final version (1.3.something). Maybe try different video settings and see if that works.

miky likes this.
  9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for your answer, yes loading screen..maybe the problem is that i dont have select to install dx9 when the game has request me?? I dont have select yes because has exit a messagge that in my pc is installed a much newer version, so i select no..sorry for my english

10. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Where i can download a secure version?? I have use a link that are present on original nkpro site.

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not installing DX9 during game installation shouldn't be an issue as it should simply use the DX9 layer of Windows 10's DX12 and you probably can't install it at all anyway. But I'm not 100% sure, if in doubt just run the installation again.

What do you mean with secure version? The final version, 1.3, should be available here: http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/

If it's not the game version or video settings or some missing runtime then I don't know what the issue could be caused by, sorry. Don't think it's Windows 10 related as it runs fine for me.

miky likes this.
  12. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, plus i notice that if i select antialiasing on game at 16x, the game exit a warning that is not possible to play with this setting..aniway ill give it a re-try in these days..if Lord Kunos give me helps in this maybe i should try to play this game..i have read a few comments that state the rain is very good and i would love to try it(-;

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Same here, I believe modern consumer cards don't support MSAA 16x anymore? But 8x is adequate enough I guess.

14. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Sorry last question..you have to set a specific compatibilities on nkpro exe?? Like windows 7-8 or others? Or i have to set or modify others settings for run the game correctly?

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

No, nothing of the sort. Only thing I can think of is that I (or the program itself, I don't remember) installed it in C:\nkpro13 but other than that... don't know or remember anything that could help.

miky likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I have Windows 10 and I'm good. I have 64bit. Maybe just try reinstalling nkp, maybe it is possible that antivirus deletes some file, or firewall blocks it, though it is not online you are playing in... IDK

miky likes this.
  17. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I have installed the game in E: because all the games are installed here..for antivirus i dont think is the case because i have set this folder on a mode that antivirus doesnt scan it..i re-try in these days and ill repost here,thanks(-;

18. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I have try a new install in C:/ but the game doesnt work, it stuck at loading screen)-; @Lord Kunos please maybe you can give me helps?

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

When you'll finally get it running and will stop this OT, maybe you'd like to post something about wet track driving, maybe your impressions about nKP wet track physics, or even record an onboard vid :D I'd be happy to do that, but I never record videos, only because my upload speed is ~100kb/s. It is like speed of death.

Do you have nks.exe there ? :D I think Lord Kunos is a bit too busy to search for a needle in the hay stack.

Meanwhile, to cheer you up, here is some nice onboard, isn't this awesome ? :)

Fat-Alfie and miky like this.
  20. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I appreciate the helps received by you and Epistolarius , but i think i cant ever get this game to work correctly..i have test all the possible things, all the possible compatibilities on nkpro exe, ecc. I have now a tremendous like to play this sim, i hope maybe one day @Lord Kunos should decide to helps me for play her old sim(-; And surely after that id like to make a few videos if i like the sim..PS. i dont have understand your request for nkpro exe, what i have to do?? Thanks and sorry guys for OT.