1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wet track racing/driving videos and discusion thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Dynamic changing conditions, i think its something else to learn & master but can also me more fun in say a 4wd drive car.

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

So this happened....

Just for fun and placebo. Grip is quite too low at low speeds, and I suppose too high on high speeds, because pace is somewhere there.

This is a bit extreme setting used, even with +20C and Otimum Conditions it should be quite slippery, this guy chosen to drive at "super wet" track, and almost at night lol

baboon likes this.
  3. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Wet, but quite interesting.

baboon and mantasisg 2 like this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thanks, seems to be nice track. Interesting to watch the track drying.

It turns out Race 2 just sstarted now, or is starting. Track is still a little bit damp.

baboon likes this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

6. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

7. chakko and mantasisg 2 like this.
  8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Tim Claessens I think it seems sped up because of poor fps. It is interesting how some parts of circuit are barely damp, and other parts are very wet.

@DaveS78 That video is absolute legend ! Very exciting to watch, worth to mention that in Goodwood they use narrower tires than we have in AC, so they are more load sensitive and so on. Look how he is on the absolute limit, and sometimes over. When he is over the limit he is like on snow, for sure. And fastest lap was 1'46'something, 25 seconds slower than dry !!! Must have been cold and wet.

DaveS78 likes this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Looks the same as the Youtube video to me in my browser... I don't care enough for modern F1 or that footage to search for a proper version, I came across the footage and posted it here because it fit in. The important part, how the driver reacts, is visible all the same.

10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

What browser you use ? I use Chrome. But whatever, I'm used to lower fps :D so no big deal, everything is visible in the video anyways

Seems like Max is really listening to his dad advices. Jos was very good in wet track too.

11. Haha yes even while I was posting it I was like "Am I going crazy or is this faster?"
    I think they sped it up and then halved the FPS to get around F1 copyright detection or something.
    But yes, the driving was good regardless :p

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

This is really nice - insane amount of water, insane cars, Le Mans.

baboon and Epistolarius like this.
  13. chakko

chakko Alien

Absolutely insane videos. And testament enough that we need wet surface conditions, in any sim, NOW. :) A sim isn't a sim without wet races.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Agree. Even though I don't want this to be a wishlist. But I want to show people what wet track actually is, as many have no idea. And hopefully get more people interested in it, rather than just being interested in visual assets. Recently there were some vanish posts downvoting rain in Social Media Thread, whats up with that ? It is second step of realism, second level. Some people can't take the first one, but practice makes perfect :D

Have to admit that some people just will never be interested in it, because it is way out of their comfort zone or needs. With a thread like that I hope to reduce amount of those people :) It is like if it was politics and some were left, others were right and the rest were unsure, or not paying attention - I hope those neutrals to become right :D So then there will be enough public to motivate devs to bring proper wet track experience.

In the mean time there is rF2, which is not bad. And possibly going to be better.

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

mad, these funny cars are so little, and so twitchy because of that, add watter on very smooth tarmac, and they are on ice

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

This is so incredible, long video of two laps around Nords with commentary from the driver. Getting cought by rain on slicks, doing 60-40mph at some parts, and OVERTAKING EVERYBODY :D

Enjoy

paul_wev likes this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Just a Caterham, just on a limit.

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Stuff.. somehow accidentally 2nd video from goodwood, also accidentally somehow lidar data of this track appeared and found it's way to my blender software today lol

AccAkut and paul_wev like this.
  20. nkp is pretty much freeware right now. You can use this code to unlock unlimited amount of times:

1VT6597256160902N

Trezoitao38, TDS, Dookie and 8 others like this.