1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What are these 'Baseline setups' that you speak?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andysonofbob, Aug 26, 2017.

1. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

So what? Real teams use telemetry and data to setup their cars, they don't go in blind.

And of course you can feel it while driving, the app just zeroes in on why that is happening (understeer under braking in the example cited).

2. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Anyway, baseline setups, some sims out there have really horrible default setups, so basically you create something driveable that doesn't want to kill you, and import to every track.
    From that point you start to work on the track specific version.

3. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Well, the fact is none of it is going to help you one bit if you can't drive consistent laps in the car to begin with.

4. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It basically work like that actually.

Not everybody are into car things & it's sad if you think everyone who didn't know is a retard because of it. Oh wait... It's based on skill as long as people don't know. ;)

5. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

lol. Not knowing is fine. Saying that knowing is an exploit is the retarded bit. It's hilarious I even had to explain that.

What's sad is the little world you have built for yourself and the behavior that comes with it. I think you need help.

LChaves likes this.
  6. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

The consistency from experience is an exploit as well. Not all driver's have the same amount of experience so the one guy with most experience and skill is exploiting hard! [​IMG]

7. xthenewkid

xthenewkid Gamer

Now lets get back to setting up a car:

Aero balance.
    Probably the most important thing in a car that relies on aerodynamics like GT3 GTE LMP and Formula cars.
    In GT3 cars there are usually only 2 viable setups, as you can set the slider only to 1 and 0 at the front.
    As it doesn't matter when you crash in a training or hotlap session, I start by setting up a oversteering balance. In most GT3 cars this is 1/2 (front splitter/rear wing).
    After a short time you will notice that the rear end is very loose especially in fast corners. Then you increase the rear wing by 1 step (1/3) and run again some laps. You do this as long until the rear is as stable as you want it. Don't go too high with the rear tho, as it will create understeer obviously and you can't take corners as fast. The goal is to get a setup that is neither under or oversteering.

MrDeap likes this.
  8. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Correction: More downforce at rear (by changing the AOA of the rear wing) does not reduce grip from the front. The understeer condition is achieved because increased grip at rear would allow even more grip from the front (and higher lateral acceleration). So increasing rear wing does not reduce from the car's maximum lateral acceleration!

The real reason to not run rear wing too high is increased drag.

9. xthenewkid

xthenewkid Gamer

Are you sure this is right?
    When i use a gt3 at nords(like the r8) i can get flugplatz without lifting when i use 1/4 settings. But when i max out the rearwing, i can not. If Im just understanding it wrong pls explain

10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Yes it does in high speed corners.

Wrong again. Having more grip at the rear than the front causes the front tires to slide before the rear tires causing the understeer.

Wrong again.

Anything that increases drag decreases not only acceleration, but overall top speed.

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

About the understeer with max rear wing... Isn't that due to the weight imbalance created by the change in the rear wing which can be rectified by readjusting by a faster rear spring rate & maybe few adjustment on the overall damper front & back?

12. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

When you increase the downforce on the rear, the faster you go, the heavier the back end gets. No matter what you do with springs, that will never, ever change. There will ALWAYS be understeer because the back end will ALWAYS be heavier. Adjusting springs may mitigate it at one end, but not the other. Somewhere, you're going to suffer...greatly.

xthenewkid likes this.
  13. I have found that Stavelot at Spa demonstrates very well that if your rear wing is to high you will get understeer. I have been playing around with the McLaren 650gt3 and at 1front 5rear I was pushing wide at Stavelot went to a 1front 4rear and it was dead on. YMMV

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  14. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

You defined understeer but fail to understand that lateral capability of the front axle do not significantly change when adding rear downforce. You guys are talking about car not making corners with increased rear wing, which is caused by a driver error (very easy to steer too much when car understeers, not a balanced car so rear doesn't communicate). In real world everything affects anything and it depends heavily on the mechanical layout of the car how much front grip is lost due to side effect from increased aero load and how it affects the mechanical weight transfer.

All I'm saying is that rear wing adds almost direct force at the rear axle. In comparison, if you stiffened rear anti-roll bar, that would have an direct effect of the lateral capability of the front axle.

Again, lateral acceleration. You're thinking about longitudinal acceleration.

demetri and mms like this.
  15. xthenewkid

xthenewkid Gamer

I don't know how you can change the suspension so much that it negates understeer from too much rear wing. I tried 3 times going on he R8 over Flugplatz with 1/10 and was everytime at least 15 km/h. And this was definetly NOT caused by drag or driver error.

16. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I did some quick math and in case of a gt3 car you are right. Rear wing so inefficient that moving AOA from 3 to 10 doubles the drag and increases rear downforce by 10%. Quickly approximating lever arms and taking the moment of forces at the rear wheel, this 10% at 250kmh+ speeds equals to about 30kg increased downforce at rear and 17kg!! decreased load from front. so effectively increasing car's total downforce by only ~3% (13kg) while adding 25kg of drag in addition to the movement of the aero balance (that you experience at Flugplatz).

Don't trust my numbers though, if you're interested enable developer apps, open the wings-app and test it. You'll get exact result.

17. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

This isn't a drag racing game. It's a road racing game. You have no point.

18. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

demetri, mms and liakjim like this.