1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What screen are you using for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Stekelly1980, Apr 13, 2019.

?

What type of screen are you using for ACC?

1. Super ultra wide monitor 32:9 (chg90 etc)

11.8%
  2. Ultra wide 21:9

19.2%
  3. Wide screen 16:9

36.8%
  4. Triple screen

14.3%
  5. Vr headset

17.2%
  6. Dual screen

0.7%
  1. Lancelinkage

Lancelinkage Rookie

I was looking at the 2080 Super also and seemed to make the most sense for the money in the 2000 series for 1440p and future proofing. I will do what Tim said and wait since we are pretty close to the new gens and see how that looks and the price point then revisit the GPU purchase. The 2080 Super and CRG9 49" are not exactly easy on the wallet so spreading out the purchases isn't a bad thing in times like these. Thank you and good to know that the 2080 Super can run it so well.

I have noticed that they have not been in stock today on Amazon or anywhere else in North America except Walmart and Microcenter. Should I wait till Amazon retailer has it back in stock? Never ordered from Walmart and never heard of Microcenter.

2. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

Could be due to the general interest in simracing these days. The 49" super-duper-extra-ultra wides are popular with us lot :)

3. Stig 2

Stig 2 Gamer

Svive Gaming Cygni / 27" / 1440p / 165hz / 1ms / HDMIx2,DPx2 / Curved

4. RST

RST Racer

Samsung C49HG90DMU 124, 20 cm (49 Zoll) Curved Gaming Monitor (3840 x 1080 Pixel, Ultra Wide 32:9 Format, 144hz, 1ms)

5. carapao

carapao Rookie

Switching from 21:9 to 3x 27“

6. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

Getting a 3840x1200 43" to test - bought as a desk monitor but I'll test on the rig at start tol see if I like the format better. Bit more vertical pixles and a bit less wide than the 3840x1080 49". I think that may be a better fit for my setup.

7. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

AOC CU34G2

8. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Rookie

34" 3440x1440 fov 34 (22" viewing distance) with trackIR5 for look to apex and mirrors

9. Hello Jim,
    Are you pleased with the 34” and head tracking? I’ve got a 24” monitor at the moment which runs 1080p at 144hz. At my next upgrade I could either get 2 extra 24” monitors (although the refresh rate is difficult to find for the price) or a curved 34” and a track hat type doodah.
    I’ve got an RTX 2060 super card if that has any bearing...

10. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Rookie

It works well for me for the following reasons:
    1) VR does not look sharp enough for me (tried Rift S) and I cannot see my wheel/button box controls ;)
    2) I was/am tempted to get a new LG34GN850-B which has 144hz /1ms / 3440x1440 since my current monitor is on 60hz/2ms/ 3440x1440/R1800 ..... but I borrowed one and it only made somewhat of a difference in ACC/RF2 and not at all in AC/AMS2 when I spent more time focusing on the surround track eye candy, not so much when I was focused on driving :cool:
    3) Track IR5 allows me to look around inside the car (cannot get and walk around the car like w/VR :rolleyes:), look to apex, glance into side mirrors (but I have set up a custom profile for a comfortable for me of required head motion/range/speed that I feel works well ... a couple of my friends liked it also).
    P1020113a.jpg
    Hope this helps:)
    P.S. Since you are upgrading I would recommend the LG , way less overhead than triple screen, better resolution than the 49" and way less space

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Can you share shot(s) in cockpit,in-game?

12. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Rookie

See the following with TrackIR5 on/34° FOV, Ferrari 488 helmet view, Spa (Kemmel Straight - I believe)
    1. Look straight ahead TIR5 centered
    20201126110543_1.jpg
    2. Look to left mirror (7° head movement)
    20201126110605_1.jpg
    3. Look to apex/motec (7° max head movement)
    20201126110616_1.jpg
    4. Look to right mirror (9° head movement)
    20201126110645_1.jpg
    5. Look over right shoulder (45°-60° head movement)
    20201126110638_1.jpg 6. Look down (5.5° head movement)
    20201126110551_1.jpg
    7. Extra Helmet shot from Ginetta
    20201126103240_1.jpg
    Hope this helps answer question ;)

Flavus and Atak_Kat like this.
  13. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

nice screens, thank you.
    just a note, this actually looks to me as the driver view, not the helmet view. In the helmet view you can see the border of the helmet visor at the edges of the screen.

14. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Rookie

You are correct (my mistake) not helmet view :oops: (TIR does not work in that view :() cockpit view, but you can adjust helmet view to be just in front helmet, then it will not show. o_O

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for the effort and time, appreciate it. One more pls, can you send just a photo (not screenshot) of just the 'looking front' view but showing the monitor edges as well. I actually wanted to see how much view is covered by your wide monitor. Thanks.

16. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Rookie

Little difficult to capture the same view since when you use TIR moves your view (camera inside the car forward/backward -left/right). I have attached two picture one in Helmet view no TIR
    P1020121.JPG and second with TIR
    P1020122.JPG
    They are the same??? as screen shot 1. Hope this answers your question :confused:. Track IR does no actually widen or restrict your monitor's FOV but allows you to move your head around inside the car which can subtly change your view/focus points. Making your usable FOV appear much greater/lesser depending how far forward/backward your head is from "zero" or which way you are looking from right/center/left .... similar to VR. I like this size because unlike the "super UW 49"" the view for sim racing appears more realistic and higher resolution IMHO.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Flavus likes this.
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, thanks! Just wanted to see the actual coverage view when using a wide monitor, to compare to 27" triples.

18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

but... What's the difference to a screenshot of that resolution? :confused:

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Just more to see the actual view, with relation to the edges, without which I wont be able to compare with my smaller monitor.

20. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

hmmm ok, I would have just put on a 16:9 box on that screenshot cause that's whats my monitor is and see what is more to see at the sides.

The whole image with the brighter sides is his original view with a 21:9 monitor and only the darker middle section is the view on a 16:9 monitor:
    21-9vs16_9.jpg