1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When I teach my nephew 8 years old Drift in AC, I can't believe it !!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Methee, May 20, 2016.

1. Methee

Methee Racer

Children have more concentrate than me. I told him how to do then leave. He practice 1 hr. no problem.
    But for me when practice to drift Can't do more than 15 min. I got bore and shut down to go to sleep.
    (for me at beginner may be spin 100 times in 15 min.)

Children can do drift beginner in clip faster than me may be 2-3 time !!

Clip Description:

Start by Power Oversteer then use Hand brake at the end.

Car: BMW E30 Drift spec. | Track: Shibuya Drift

Setting in Game :
    G27 900 degree, Hand brake: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro , Gear H Pattern
    All assist Off

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Need a guide or spotter to teach us how to use pitstop opitions Jun 11, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Is it possible to teach the AI how to drift? Apr 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Mclaren f1 gtr - teach me how to tune this beast @_@ Aug 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Teach me- avoiding tank slappers (snap back oversteer)? Dec 18, 2013

3. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Ahhhh, kids.... They can learn and adapt to things so quickly. Beautiful how the human body/brain works, right?

Methee likes this.
  4. Martyn

Martyn Racer

Your boy will be able to drift one day and he'll credit the cherished time he had with you and Assetto Corsa for where he started learning!

Enjoy! :)

5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Haha that's so cute. A little DK in the making. :3

inb4 tokyo drift and zero simulation value because even a child is drifting in AC comments come. :p

Methee and f1webberfan like this.
  6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I always thought that simulators are best and most efficient ways to introduce people to car control. Then, with good foundations layed by a sim, the progress IRL should be much much faster.

Just turn assists off and let them struggle a bit. As soon as they reach pedals. Maybe leve auto clutch on at first.

Methee likes this.
  7. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

The only assist I allow my daughter to use is auto gears because this is still too complex and her fingers are too short for the paddle shifters (she is 6). :D
    Actually she drives way slowly but never ever spins no matter the car which I find quite interesting.

Good video OP.
    Cheer the young lad from me! :)

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Kids are great right? Have my 5 year old daughter racing too.

If that's you in the vid speaking, even if I have no clue what you´re saying, you sound very enthusiastic :D

9. Yami

Yami Racer

I've met with LFS when I was something like 12,
    Drifting since :D, He is earlier and for a 8 years old with 1 hr of practice, this is amazing.

Methee likes this.
  10. Methee

Methee Racer

I hope that kid know can drive car properly (ex. don't suddenly lift off throttle in mid. turn) . That save his life. He can do these before he got Driver's License. AC amazing.

Martyn likes this.