1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Where would you go if AC did not exist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Presuming without Assetto Corsa the mod community would be more active in rFactor2, I would probably be playing that and more R3E. It's just so atmospheric.

2. iVG

iVG Alien

I don't understand R3E devs though, all good, simcade approach and all that, suddenly they drop the most hard core feature ever with gearbox elasticity ...

3. tabis

tabis Simracer

Good question. I think I would take the sim with the best community.

But which one it would be if AC would not exist? I donĀ“t know.

4. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Gamer

I would be playing Automobilista no doubt. Heck, I still do and would love to find an ams league once I am better at sim racing. For now AC with SRS is all I need and all I can manage.

I also own r3e with some car packs and preordered PCARS though steam tells me I played a grand total of 15 min XD.

I remember I couldn't get the ffb to feel right and all cars were too understeery so I just went back to Assetto Corsa.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

5. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Another hobby.

6. dmitrych

dmitrych Rookie

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  7. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I've hear some guys play with Girlfriends, but I could not find this title on Steam:(

8. Motorsports

Motorsports Gamer

No, I would go back to Prepar3d and flight stim till something good as AC shows up. Hopefully I don't have to do this, since Assetto is.

Mogster likes this.
  9. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Still be at iRacing, though I hadn't raced in a long time, hotlapped mostly, like I do with ac but no sub too pay here :)

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Laserscanning that place will be a challenge, I assume, not really a holiday. Can't wait to drive a Pagani around in Nazca, must be a treat, no doubt.

You hear it, guys? They are doing Nazca for AC!

When can we expect the track?

LOL :D

11. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

GTR, LFS, Automobilista, rF2, and firing up Forza again.

12. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

rF1, rF2, and AMS. I keep alternating between those four (three, if AC didn't exist) games to this day. I always end up being too critical of one game or looking for something very specific that the current game doesn't offer and change to the other.. it's an endless circle :p

13. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I only really race in iracing and AC, so iracing.

I had hopes for rf2 but ever since I bought in at beta, it's never got to where I hoped it would.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I used to race lfs a lot! Then i moved to iracing and it has to be said i had some excellent races there.. Even when the ac tech demo came out i tried it and just thought "meh" is alright and went back to iracing..

Eventually ac was released and i was bitten by the auto renewal thing on iracing and it annoyed me and i didnt go back.. I have re-subbed now and again just to see how its progressing and if ac wasnt here i would deffinatly be using iracing.

15. Goettens

Goettens Simracer

Girlfriends? What is that? Do you play it with a joy stick?

mms likes this.
  16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If you don't want to spend hours trawling for mods, hours setting your gear up or pay a subscription to use stuff you've bought then AC fits the bill. If you want decent quality official tracks, cars and believable physics AC is it...

17. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

One thing people probably dont realize is that if AC didnt existed, probably, just probably all the other titles wouldnt have had the need to improve themselves as they did. Specially on the pleasure while driving. Im my case i would have saved a crap ton of money, and would probably still be playing WOW while having a go every now and then on Sims... AC made it happen the other way around :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

NK Pro and R3E, which I occasionally play anyway, that is because after spending all this time driving in AC, they are the only one I find interesting to drive, actually I still like NK Pro a lot, but with no AI and very quiet online activity, AC get all my attention, with more then 2000 hours played.
    Not to say anything bad about race 07, gtr etc... but after AC it is not the same anymore and I have almost no interest in driving them anymore.

19. A little birdie told me that if AC didn't exist, the Earth would implode and become a singularity. I hope Kunos keep the master copy in a safe place :eek:

Jebus likes this.
  20. plaid

plaid Alien

If the game would have never existed or if I couldn't play it anymore are? Two very different cases.
    If you get used to something where a game shines and don't want to miss it. In AC's or RF2's case physics/FFB, which is the most but not only important thing, featurewise RF2 and PCars, regarding sound R3E and Dirty Rally, if its about the presentation/graphics probably PCars or Forza, if its about singleplayer F1 201#.

I want good physics and FFB but also a game around it, where a singleplayer race feels exciting and the gameplay/career offers more than just driving. I would pick R3E+crewchief over AC for racing even now and keep AC for streetcars and (civil/rally) modtracks - but only without the alwayson-stuff. I play Dirt Rally anyway, even I don't like it if the camera is fixed to the car. Feels more authentic and especially exciting than circuitracing - like downhillbiking compared to racing cycling - and there is something like a career.
    Edit: But HELL there aren't enough stages.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016