1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which game to play and advice for getting good

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by devblazer, Oct 9, 2023.

1. devblazer

devblazer Rookie

I am quite late to the party here. I want some advice for learning to get good. My last sim experiance was way too long ago to be considered, so count me as a noob. My goal is to be good in Competizone. I want to know which game I should practice in first, Competizone straight, or Start with slower cars in AC and work my way up.

I am tempted by working my way up from slower cars in AC, but have heard that AC has more forgiving physics and I am worried that I might develop bad habits or something.

No clue here, looking for general advice on how to approach this, especially with which game to start with.

P.S. I do have a wheel and pedals

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Apr 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game instantly closes when pressed play Dec 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions If you play with gamepad Dec 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Jerky gameplay PS4 version Aug 5, 2023
    Bug reports More horsepower Glitch/Car gets uncontrollable (Game is unplayable now) Jul 3, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start after pushing "play" button from steam Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Launching Game Directly to Multiplayer Session Dec 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashing with "Fatal error" only in multiplayer - UDP Paket not read to the end Nov 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer [resolved - nvidia driver] Track-specific game freeze in both Single Player and Multiplayer Apr 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't access multiplayer menu in game Feb 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 gameplay thoughts Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Fatal Crashes only in Multiplayer Race Feb 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New trailer and gameplay PS5 IGN Feb 3, 2022
    Bug reports Juddery gameplay in single player Jan 26, 2022

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you're mainly interested in ACC, drive ACC, I'd say.

Actually ACC's physics are more forgiving due to the fact that the tire model is more forgiving when driving over curbs or similar structures.
    So … for the same car, ACC should be easier. But AC is so much more fun.* :D

Of course, you can choose a different car in AC, there is a huge variation available. Some are much easier to drive than GT3s, but there are also some that are much harder to drive.
    Really depends on what you select as your ride for the day. Note though, that just because a car may be easy to drive this does not mean that it's also easy to get fast in that car.
    The learning curve will still be there no matter what.
    But it can be a lot of fun. Years ago we did a lot of racing in street cars. That was some of the best and most fun racing I had, like … ever. :D

* yes, highly subjective …

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

If you want to get a "slow" start, you can always use the GT4 class in ACC. You still get the better graphics, interface, physics and I don't believe there are many "simpler" cars in AC.