1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why do some tyres just never go green?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, May 25, 2017.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

racing the XBOW last nite, at valllelunga and did 10 laps. Within those ten laps the tyres didnt go green part from the left rear?! Why is this, I’m driving the wheels off the thing. Is tyre temps broken?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Bars not working correctly for dry tyres after 1.9 patch Jul 7, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Physics Indianapolis - potentially wrong tyres in wet Oct 12, 2022
    ACC Physics Wet Tyres not affected by dry track Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI pit again on top of hour instead of changing driver when swapping tyres Jun 14, 2022
    ACC User Interface Could be possible to have tyres app button mapped? Jan 9, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres tyres machine editor Dec 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Tyres change pressures instantly in pits with no tyre change Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Controller navigation. Tyres missing.. Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Physics Car stuck rear tyres spinning Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Used Tyres Restored to Pristine Conditions Jul 21, 2021
    ACC User Interface Can I map a button for show/hide Tyres App on VR? Jul 6, 2021

3. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

give more info............-_-"

Epistolarius and sacredaardvark like this.
  4. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

This has nothing to do with AC, if you want to know why some tires never go green, you should google about it or watch some videos about how tyres are working in racing...
    Looks like your knowledge about tire usage are very poor.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Aris has said that lighter lower powered cars don't put much energy into the tyres. You wouldn't expect a car like the XBow to generate lots of tyre heat.

The colours are a guide but you still need to look at the actual temperatures. If green starts at 80°C then you can be at 79°C and you'll have a tyre of very close to the same temperature but they'll display different colours. The colours also reflect surface temps rather than core, surface temps are less stable than core and can change quite rapidly.

Have you adjusted tyre pressures? It's worth watching Aris's video about balancing pressures on the four corners.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ambient and rack temps will have a pretty big effect, not all cars will have a tyre that works optimally in all conditions. The trick is to get the most out of it that you can in that session as that's what it comes down to in a race. It doesn't really matter if a tyre doesn't get to optimal temp but obviously it will work better the closer you get it there, its the same issue everyone has and whoever deals best with it and can drive properly will be quickest.

Its the exact same issue most people face at most tracks, not many race series or track day enthusiast come to the track with 4 or more compounds to suit the conditions. They run what they have and try to get the most out of it.

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

What are the track conditions?

Whats your grip level

Epistolarius and sacredaardvark like this.
  8. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

it's also a very light-weight car.

Mogster likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

On Nords I have no problem getting theKTM's tires up to temps.

10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Just never seen this tyre behaviour in other sims? I couldnt get the fronts to go above 55.. if thats as design so be it, but with all the sliding and general hard driving to raise temps - did nothing.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  11. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Vallelunga normal layout with KTM. 26C optimum track. Default setup. Out of pits + 3 laps. Just driving, no drifting for warmup. Tyres look like this.

[​IMG]
    I think KTM optimal temp is 65-85C or so.

MsportDAN likes this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

oh may of been running a cool track

myimac likes this.
  13. myimac

myimac Alien

Probably yup

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Vallelunga is covered with ice, everytime Aris breaks wind.

15. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

If you are so professional, give him an explanation.
    But there's no need to judge somebody with this stupid "superior AC expert" behavior. Again and again.

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Oh boy, I'm gonna spend week on vallelunga next month ... Now I'm scared of Arises winds :)

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

don't worry I'm too long in the tooth to listen to crap like that :)

it was pretty much ignored. Being an expert in ac certainly doesn't he mean he knows **** about racing or tyre physics and temperatures.

WallyM likes this.
  18. So what was the conditions when you made your ten laps? Air temp, weather, track grip setting? Default or custom setup? Was only one tire cold are all four?

Epistolarius likes this.
  19. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I'm not gona give him an explanation because he is lazy to go and learn, he just want to come here and write "why" and everyone should come and explain.
    Why he can't just use his brain a little bit and do a reserch? And than everything will be pretty clear! Or at least use the "search" function in the forums, I'm sure this topic was discussed like 100 times, and beside that he didn't even give us the honor and write which track temp he was using, didn't provide a picture, a video, nothing!!
    And you call me a joke superior expert? I just don't want to waste my time when I see this type of attidude.
    This is not a constructive dialog, it looks more like a troll who just want to blame the game for some reason.

20. Link to the video please?

21. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

can't remember precisely. But green track. default setup. Maybe around 13temp. Not sure of weather. Only the rear left went green. I think it has high tyre pressures for default? Maybe.