1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we be able to add ai to multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Thomas Gunderson, Jan 17, 2016.

1. I searched the forums and could not find a thread for this.. Hope I'm not duplicating..

My brother, a friend and I, used to race in Assetto. Absolutely love the game and the FFB is the best out there. The online part is just missing the AI we thing, It is not that fun to race just us three, so we joined www.revs-simracing.co.uk very nice guys, but way way to good for us, and we can't always race the same weekday. Joining other multiplayer games was just not that fun often just a handfull of cars, some clown would ram us or they were just to good.

So we actually switched to Project Cars just so we could race with 25-30 Ai.

My qustion is do anyone know if they will add AI to the multiplayer? I dont care if the are bad. Project cars AI is not the best :) but it is very fun.. and that is what is important for us.

jpdribbler, OliW, Athix01 and 7 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Any plans for adding COTA to the tracks available? Dec 6, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Please add option to disable or configure shake/vibration for each camera view Oct 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room added lots of cars to server but only one car is selectable Jan 21, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Shifter paddle visible with disabled steering wheel Jan 12, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Glance left, right disables, when adding headtracker to system Jan 2, 2016
    Suggestions Add tc and abs info (adjustable levels) to loading screen Nov 8, 2015
    Suggestions Consider exposing additional variables in the ui Jun 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Disable paddles? Jan 20, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 'No tracks available' error on launch [malconfigured and untested addon track] Jun 20, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Unstable RPM Gain (solved: add clutch deadzone) Jan 21, 2014
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI - Unusable on multiple tracks Jan 30, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Shocking screen unplayable Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Objects not rendering when triple mode enabled Dec 30, 2023

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It has been discussed before.

Like you, I would love for it to be possible, but it does not seem to be in the short to mid term plan.

4. Horus

Horus Alien

As I understand it it is never going to be done.

5. per con

per con Rookie

Bummer, my brother and I prefer Assetto Corsa, but resort to Rfactor2 for multiplayer with AI. Would love for AI to be added online.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Why not find a good bunch of racers and join them? Much better than AI in every way possible. Anyhoo, enjoy your racing. :)

Ricky Reject likes this.
  7. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I compare it with my experiences. I had some fun races with a friend who is not into sim racing or racing in general. But he owns Pcars and so we could have some rounds with a full AI grid but you dont wanna have him in a serious online race. Second is, that the choice is on you which car and track, pretty fast configured. Thats not possible in AC this way. So I would like it too to have the option of AI Cars on a Server. But I know its not so easy to implement. I could live without it. I love my AC how it is :)

Horus likes this.
  8. Thanks for the answer and sorry for bringing it up again..

To bad it is not going to be a part of the game, but I'll live

Again thanks

Thomas

9. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Thomas: davs, mand :)

I know this is not the solution to the problem, but I can recommend the ALOOG servers. Also, I could use some "slower" people there since most folk there are too fast for me :) We race fair and clean. Bare in mind though that they are Minorated; meaning you have to reach a certain grade of "cleanliness" to be able to connect.

GTHQ_koop and Horus like this.
  10. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

A problem of online servers for random occasional races is that you have to choose between the available servers, what if you don't find the combo you're looking for? Setting up a private server allows that level of control, but then there are just two cars on the grid, and it can eventually get boring. Also between more friends it becomes harder to match day times and skills level.

Having the AIs on the grid allows just us two to have the possibility to choose our combo, our days, our weather, our settings, and most importantly the opponent's level, to make the race just perfectly fit to us.

I can see though lots of difficulties implementing online AI support, and surely an increment in both processing power and bandwidth requirements for the host. Yet, I'd really like that to happen :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well I can`t imagine I could ever run with humans whole lap or two 2-3 cars wide I did today with 30 AI in V8s in GSC :) but yes, human randomness gives a lot to experience (sadly works both way and on public usualy the bad way) ... yet how could anybody be against mixed human/AI servers as option

Thomas Gunderson likes this.
  12. plaid

plaid Alien

The ones that need to make it work. :D

But yeah... 1. There is just a small bit of possible combos you can race online, 2. There is a limited amount of drivers who don't screw things up.

I personally love to play onlinegames just with a few guys I really know and in this case AI is pretty handy.

However, I would rather hope for bigger grids and multiclass first. Recreating all those endurance races that have far more then 24 cars in different classes would be awesome.
    And on the Nordschleife and LeMans its kinda necessary to have density so you have company in later stages of the race.
    You can invite one or a few friends and swap every few rounds. Thats my favorite kind of MP. Cooperative. :)

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

When we think about it, RF2 has it, PCars has it, mind you they are both based on the same ISI physic engine at the core, but still since it is possible in many other SIM/racing game, it might be possible to have it in AC one day.

Thomas Gunderson likes this.
  14. per con

per con Rookie

I know your question is sincere, but there are a ton of reasons. By being able to fill up a track with AI my brother and I can race at any time on any day. Further more, we can simply remake the race if something comes up (phone/work/etc). Additionally, we have complete control over the tracks, cars, settings, etc.

dermonty, Athix01, Filippo94 and 2 others like this.
  15. Athix01

Athix01 Rookie

In 100% agreement with this one.

I just bought AC for PC while waiting for it to be released on PS4. I'm gonna buy it no matter what; the vision of this game is just too compelling.

However, adding the possibility of racing against AIs together with a few friends would really add further value to the product IMO. And besides that, I also think it'd be a good selling point, since my job persuading friends (who are not that much into online-gaming) to buy this game would be a lot easier, if we knew that there were good possibilities for easily creating exciting races without being dependent on external factors (servers, other players...) :)

16. jpdribbler

jpdribbler Rookie

still no AI in multiplayer? We switched from AC to pcars because we are only 3 or 4 people and AI in multiplayer makes much more fun.

come on!

17. Enjoy Pcars then because there are no plans to ever implement AI being available in MP.

18. Horus

Horus Alien

Add those loons to the MP servers! Holy flying lizards batman, ain't the open servers bad enough. Keep AI where they belong, in single player mode.

P.S. Thinking about it they would be banned real quick by MR so bring em on. :D

Tberg likes this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Agree that AI belongs to SP and should never reach a public server. But, I can see why playing with friends on a closed server with AI filling the grid would be appealing. Much like playing any other game in co-op, sort of. I wouldn´t use it meself, but I probably would 10-20 years ago when I was less comfortable with my skills against other players.

kofotsjanne and Horus like this.
  20. jpdribbler

jpdribbler Rookie

exactly. Public servers are not an alternative for us...