1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Worth upgrading from a g27 to a thrustmaster t500rs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Matson1984, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Matson1984

Matson1984 Gamer

As the topic states iv been running a G27 for a few months now and while its a great wheel things like the rattling FFB..deadzone in the center and the wheel size are a couple of little frustrations. Is the T500rs much of an upgrade or would it be a waste of money?
    From reading around a lot of people say it makes the G27 feel like a toy in comparison and that the FFB is on a different level but is this really the case?
    Also a negative for me would be that it doesn't come with the shifter and that the paddles don't move with the wheel.

Do many here have much experience with the G27 and the T500rs and how they compare?

Also are the fanatic wheels worth the extra in price over these two models?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Worth upgrading from Ryzen3600 to 5600x? Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lost the last 10 days worth of progression!!! Jun 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it worth it Apr 16, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Unloved 11900k worth it ! Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions is ACC worth getting on normal xbox one Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Worth my time? Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is a formula wheel worth it Jun 14, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer was this kick worthy? Oct 8, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Just lost a week's worth of driving history in safety rating Jun 21, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Used Fanatec CSW V1: is it worth it? Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW V1: worth it? Jun 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions GPU - Worth trying with a GTX 1060? Oct 11, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Is AssettoCorsa worth it if i dont have a wheel? Sep 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room worth it? Mar 10, 2018

3. Kool121402

Kool121402 Rookie

Well, i'm using G25 before and feels great. After i had try my friend that real Hydraulic Simulator with a sparco formula steering it was so great.
    Try it fanatec looks awesome. There after i had brought a G27, same thing as G25 but a bit like a toy feel.
    And at last i had decided to modify it to a real car steering with a bigger shift pedal, it was better than fanatec.
    Well, as i read some forum it saids goods and some of them said the belt is easy to lose.
    It all depends on you. At last i havent change to fanatec coz many people said G27 is more durable comparing fanatec and also i had modify it.
    Try to modify something to see first before buy a new one.

(this is just only my opinion)

Cheers mate. Enjoy game

esox71 likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

I can only see the fact that the paddles don't move as a bonus. Ferrari reckon it's dangerous and I agree. For the most part it's not an issue but once the wheel get's past 90 degrees of rotation it can be confusing and hard to find the right gear.

The clubsport wheel base would be the fanatec alternative to the t500, but it's more expensive again. I have the motorsport CSR but the only thing I have to compare it to is my previous wheel a thrustmaster ferrari F430 FFB, so not much of a comparison. The CSR has been excellent so far, I've just ordered the Clubsport shifter to go with it.

If you did go down the fanatec route stay away from the CSR shifter set, not really worth the money, save up for the clubsport.

5. At £200 a shot (at least), I would be in no hurry to replace a perfectly good wheel until I was forced to.

6. Hello,
    i read in the past also about "toy" and "in another level" before i buy t500...
    In my opinion these are excuses for justifying the "expensiveness" of the t500rs.

From my experience with t500(i had g25 and g27 before),it can accept stronger forces(without cliping) but it doesnt change the general feeling.The stronger forces and the bigger wheel, yes makes the g25/27 feel like a toy but its all about routine,i mean that u will get used to it and when for example in one month of using the t500 go (im not using the word "back") in g25/27 it will feel like a "toy".
    I just had a smile in the first days cause the wheel could handle stronger forces and the wheel was bigger in my hands thats all and i was thinking that yes it might be a better wheel.U see? I was expecting to feel a lot better but i didnt.

Last but not least(of course) it has a dampering effect already that u cant remove it,its there,cause of the belt maybe? i dont know, but its freeking there and if ur a freek with ffb stuff u will get pissed of cause it doesnt let u feel the ffb as clean as its coming from the game.

So imo,its not so much better that can justify its money.Also personally i will not choose again a belt mechanism in (maybe) a new wheel.Actually the damper effect puts it out already if we are talking about ffb and how u can enjoy ur sims better.If we are talking about a wheel with more features maybe,cooler one,with more buttons etc its another story(if u get my point).I will not call it waste of money cause there are out there guys that know more things than me and maybe im wrong on something or i miss something!

My advice,dont read posts with words "wow","toy","in another level" etc.. Read posts from people that at least they seem experienced or they justify what they post and im NOT putting my self in that group(but i try to be there :p ).
    I hope u buy the better for u and enjoy it, cause thats the purpose in everything! Good luck!

PS:sry for my english

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    esox71, Queequeg, Limo and 5 others like this.
  7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Simple answer: NO!!

8. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

i have a g27.
    my brother has a t500rs + h-shifter.

the difference is INCREDIBLE, in the ffb, and it makes the money worth. there are some up and downsides, ffb exluded:

the flappy shifter is fixed in the t500. it's hard to get used to it, but i think it's better.
    the pedals are really solid (and easy to get upside down for gt cars) but for >400€ they could be better.
    the H shifter is extra, and it's really expensive. but it does a really good job and it doens't feel plastichy like the logitech (the g25 shifter was even worst).
    the only big downgrade IMHO is the rubber wheel in the t500, it is a great rubber but it makes me sweat almost instantly, when the leather of the g27 has a much better feel.

9. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

If you can afford it, go for it. Personally, I reckon it's the best you can get before you have to jump the price void and delve into those boutique servo wheels. To me, it feels like a wheel that should cost £1000.

10. Uff

Uff Andrea Candini

T500 is better than G27 in every possible way. The only letdown is that you often have to use 60/70% of its global force to avoid some loss of details in FFB.
    People is talking very good about the Thrustmaster TX too: you can keep it at 100% and it conveys FFB very well. Think about it too. :)

esox71 likes this.
  11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Coming from G25, haven't tried it with AC tho as I changed long before it was released, I'd say it's definitely worth to get. T500 is completely different beast compared to G25/G27. Only down side is that you need to get separate shifter if you want to use h-shifter or inline. But G27's shifter is crap (imo) anyways so you might want to get standalone shifter regardless what wheel you use.

esox71 likes this.
  12. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

As a T500 owner I wouldnt get rid of a perfectly good G27 to upgrade to the T500, the gap is just too small and the T500 does not come with a shifter so you can even argue its not an upgrade at all unless you buy a shifter, too. I myseld upgraded from a DF Pro and my decision was between G27+Fantec pedals or T500. I chose the T500 because of the FFB strength and because I really dislike the gear rattling. The T500 has a noisy fan instead, but it's still an improvement.

Just to be clear, I absolutely think the T500 is worth the extra money over the G27 because it has stronger, smoother Force Feedback (especially useful for drifting) , better pedals (made of metal, realistic size, brake spring can be adjusted) and a bigger wheel diameter (still smaller than almost all cars, but closer).
    I don't think however that it makes the G27 look like a toy. The finish on the wheel rim and the wheel enclosure is not better or more "professional", in fact the leather on the G27 feels a lot nicer. But, as I said, the pedals are and feel a lot better.

IMO, if you want an upgrade, the best options are:

1) If you want to blow a lot of money and/or can sell the G27 for a good price
    Get the T500 plus shifter. It will be better than the G27, but depending on your financial situation, the improvement might not be worth 500€

2)If you are satisfied with a smaller upgrade
    Think about some new pedals. IMO they are the worst part of the G27 and I heard great things about the Fanatec pedals than can be bought seperately.

13. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I would also recommend looking into the Thrustmaster TX1 wheel, it has got a lot of good reviews, some people even preferring it over t500 and the TX is cheaper. I bought the TX recently and it does feel nice and very quiet compared to my old g25. I just use my old g25 shifter and pedals with it no problems in AC.

I picked this wheel personally because I wanted a good wheel and didn't want to pay a premium just to have it made from aluminium, as plastic will do me just fine once the wheel performs well and is reliable. The pedals you get with it seem very cheap, but I guess they are just thrown in for the price and at least they might do for some spare parts.

shiftA likes this.
  14. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I had a chance to make this upgrade and after talk with few friends we came to conclusion it's not worthy enough. I upgraded to a brand new G27 for a 100 euro expense.
    Pedal's are non better on t500, espc if u have GTEye. You don't get a shifter, so you have to go buy a g27 shifter if you sold your g27. So then what you have is wheel possibly improved. But, you have paddles that don't rly rotate and a rim that is kind of too big. So you need to spend a lot of money on ferrari rim... to get what, belt driven system. And you can't even use any of the slick belt driven system of 500hz, because AC works on 300 just like g27. Also, t500 is noisy as hell compared to g27. The only thing that might be upgrade is bit of a deadzone g27 has, but then again that is solvable too.

shiftA, Rodrigo Pires and Hany like this.
  15. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I moved from the G25 to the T500 and I think it's a game changer.
    If you plan to keep the G27 as a back up, you can get an adapter from leo bodner the will let you use
    the G27 shifter as well.
    As for the TX it's a good wheel, cheaper, but the peddles are total crap.

16. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

If you don't mind keeping your g25/27 plugged in, you don't need any adapters. I just unplugged the power from my g25 so it doesn't calibrate the wheel every time I power my PC on and can use the shifter and pedals with my TX.

17. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Is the T500 and Fanatec better then a g27? Yes
    Worth it? Completly subjective question but to me yes. I bought the Fanatec gear and I absolutly love it and have zero regrets tho I am still waiting on my shifter that is on backorder hahah.

The g27 is a great value wheel but it isn't in the same league. You get what you pay for generally.

18. Buggi

Buggi Racer

19. Skazz

Skazz Racer

I have lots of wheels (see my signature, I also have a DFGT lying around somewhere).

Since an AC update a few patches ago I'm very happy with the T500Rs in AC. It outperforms all my other wheels comfortably in GT6, AC, pCARS and iRacing. I retired my G25 second rig because I just stopped using it.

Yes, the belt drive adds some inherent damping compared to gear driven G25/27, but the huge benefit is smoothness and lack of rattle, plus the powerful motor on the T500RS can spin the wheel much faster and therefore you need to "help" the wheel spin much less.

At first after switching to belt drive there's a tendency to think "I feel less FFB bumps and surface details, the wheel can't resolve tiny FFB detail", but in truth I (and many others) am convinced that a lot of those supposed bumps you feel on the G27 are simply gear rattle and not actually simulated FFB events atall!
    The real test is "do I find myself spinning off without understanding why on one wheel and not the other?" And the answer for me is "no", although it took a few patches for AC's T500RS support to get there :)

Martyn and Mogster like this.
  20. some1pl

some1pl Alien

I don't have the T500RS but read a bit about it for the last few weeks because I've been considering upgrading from the G27 too. I'll probably end up buying Fanatec Clubsport set, but if you don't want to spend that much money on some toys, I think the T500RS is good choice and substantial upgrade. The FFB is much better and can be compared with more expensive Fanatec stuff (in some areas Fanatec is better, in some areas Thrustmaster scores points). The wheel is bigger which makes it a bit more realistic experience, although keep in mind that it is still smaller than most "real" steering wheels even in racing cars. The pedals are as good as they can be without installing the load cell and hydraulics.
    The current revisions of the T500RS have supposedly modified cooling so they are quieter than the first ones. Also, the damping of the wheel is comparable to the damping of the steering mechanism in the real car.

The drawbacks are that the quality and feel could be a bit better, the base is much bigger, and the pedals don't have the load cell, but with some tweaking a similar "feel" can be obtained. If you don't like the rubber wheel, I think you can send it to one of the shops that specialize in covering real car wheels with leather/alacantara. It will still be cheaper than one of the Fanatec wheels, or buying some real car wheel from Sparco or other manufacturer. ;)

21. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Go for it, I did it and was initially a bit worried that I may have wasted some money, but it honestly really grew on me and now I really love it, you forget that your not holding a real wheel when the game engrosses you. quality is stunning.