1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Used Fanatec CSW V1: is it worth it?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm thinking about upgrading my G27 to a fanatec wheel. I found a used CSW V1 base for a really good price, pretty much 1/3 of what I'd pay for a new V2.5 here in Brazil. But is it worth it? Are they reliable enough that I shouldn't get any headaches buying it used?
    I've also seen some talk about modding them to have more torque than they have out of the box. Are those mods viable or not very good it in the long run?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room [PC] Wheels. used fanatec CSR vs. g29/t300 etc. - cannot decide Aug 30, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Micro stutter caused by Fanatec wheel driver fixed Jan 9, 2014
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Apr 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room CSRL - ACC GT3 League focused on clean fun racing Sep 24, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Why is my GPU underused Aug 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Two acount on the same PC ,bug [Both accounts used same profile and config folder] May 21, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Terrible shadow rendering no matter what graphics used Jan 25, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 64-bit version suddenly doesn't launch (used to work) Jan 13, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Crash on launch "An unforeseen event has caused Assetto Corsa Launcher to retire from the race" Jan 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Update Paused: Win10 threat protection blocking [Update your Win Defender db] Nov 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting My ACC is constantly freezing but used to run very smoothly... Oct 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Used Tyres Restored to Pristine Conditions Jul 21, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU Usage warning ONLY when Speedlink DRIFI O.Z. is used [subpar CPU & potential driver issue] Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Used Nvidia Inspector to enable Resizable BAR for ACC and it works Apr 17, 2021

3. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, big improvement over G27. I’ve owned both... it’s a two step improvement and I had no quality problems. Just remember you need a CSW rim also.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yes, I already found a Formula carbon rim I can buy. I just wonder: in many places I've read that from V1 to V2 and V2.5 they've solved many issues and some make it seem like it's a night and day difference. Are there any issues with the V1 that are actually dealbreakers? Can I fix some, if not all of them?

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Based on my experience I would be very cautious and also if you plan to modify it however if it's cheap and money is not a problem for you go for it. I have had a new CSR elite and a second hand CSW v 2.0 and both failed through no fault of my own. I never run high settings and keep loads under clipping. The first CSR was a while ago so obviously their hardware has improved a lot however it was still under warranty I had to pay for the expensive shipping back and forth to have it repaired. At the time I was living in Australia and this was not cheap. In my opinion if fanatec except responsibilty and repair the device the shipping cost should be reimbursed on return. My second experience was buying a CSW v2.0 secondhand as fanatec do not deliver to the country I now live in and this ran flawlessly for 8 months then one day I got the dreaded electrical smell and about 3 days later it died. It is not in warranty and to send this back & forth to the USA for repair would cost more than the actual unit is worth. Fanatec have a stranglehold the middle market and they know it. They have some strange ways whereby they do not deliver on weekends and a lot of countries they do not deliver to period and their local delivary prices are sky high. Their customer service can be flaky at times. For instance for the 3rd and final time I have been trying to pre-order a DD2 since the start of the year and I am only considering this due to the 5 year warranty they offer and the connectivity to my other fanatec gear however.........

"I have been trying to work with Fanatec to buy a DD2 bundle for almost 6 months now however no such luck and the release dates keep getting pushed out. Yes I live in a country they do not ship to, which still baffles me in 2019 and it's been very difficult due their no weekend delivery service policy which also baffles me. My Aunty in the US who was going to order the bundle and then DHL them to me has two whole months off work in July & August so I asked Fanatec if I could pre-order the bundle and have it delivered to her anytime in those two months as she will be at home during the week to receive the goods. Their response was no, we can not guarantee a delivery date in that time frame :eek: At the time the bundle was due to be released at the end of May so it gave them 3 months to sort it and locally deliver it. So now the new release date has been pushed out to late August and my Aunt will go back to work and she works somewhere that she can not receive deliveries. Screwed and back to square one :( I don't get these companies sometimes... You try and give them 3,000 USD and they find endless excuses not to take it. They did not even try and I am a 3rd time returning customer however this means nothing to them"

Good luck :)

6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I jumped from a G25 to CSW V1, never had any issues. But, I recommend the formula rim for it only, not the gt. The v2 I later got has sufficient power to run with a gt rim. Never had a single issue with any, 3+years now on the csw v2. My 6year old csp v2 pedals does require some maintenance now and then, but else my fanatec gear has been great.

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

TBH I don't think I use as much torque as most people. I used to run my G27 at 35%, now I started running it at 50% which is pretty much the highest I can go before I get clipping, and to me that's more than enough. So considering that the V1 has pretty much double the torque from the G27 I don't see how that would be an issue. What I don't like is the fact that the formula rim is more or less the same diameter as the G27, which I always found a bit too little, and the McLaren wheel which is my favourite isn't compatible with the V1 base.