1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

WowWowWow!!! what Stefano did to the AI??????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TDS, Feb 17, 2017.

1. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

its seems the AI has a very narrow view of the world, seems they think they have only 1.5 cars width off of the programmed drivers line.

so they are timid scared to come off the line to overtake as the ai thinks theres no width.

im no programming expert, but i would guess if the ai knew it has more width to play with, say 3 cars width at any time they would attempt risky overtakes more and make mistakes more....like real drivers do.

LChaves and Quffy like this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

This is actually great. AI doesn't stop at Eau Rouge anymore, gonna use this until Kunos fixes the official AI line. Maybe you could offer them this and ask to replace the official line to save them time. Spa was unplayable offline before, with this feels like I have new track offline.

TDS likes this.
  3. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Some cars have issues so you have to find the happy medium. After some more tweaks maybe I'll submit it.

Jebus likes this.
  4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah I forgot to post about this @LilSki and Shredator pretty summed up my thoughts.

5. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

The AI needs to be 'Max Verstappened Up' )

LChaves and Fat-Alfie like this.
  6. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

...something like Raceroom......if you choose Adaptive AI, instead of 101% etc., they will adapt to your average lap times, so you are always challenged. They don't follow your raceline, though ( good idea if racing me....). It does take some time to train them though, for each car class/track.

7. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

I just tired to race 8 opponents (DTMs 90s) on Nurburg GP. 94% skill, green/fast track... 7/8s difference per 1 lap... in quali. and on start of the race i went out of the room... and still, they could overtake me and all ai were behind me... something is pretty damn wrong with AI. 458 @iMola works just fine (had 1v1 race with AI earlier). but a/m situation with DTMs... it was just pure drama.

8. Kris.May

Kris.May Gamer

If you're in front, your lap time dictates the lap times of the ai. But once you're mid or at the back, they will just leave you and have 5-7 sec lead per lap and those behind you will just sit there behind you and follow your lap times. That's why i dont play 100% AI. I mostly race on 92% because i have the same lap times with the AI after quali and have an exciting race with them.

9. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

I mean... I'm faster than them 5~7s per lap. At Imola in 458 at 92% I'm faster around 1-1,5s per lap... so things are quite broken ATM.

10. Kris.May

Kris.May Gamer

Yes, you can actually do that and more even on 100% AI. If you are first on lap 1-2, the race is pretty much over. Try 3rd on the grid on any track. If you placed 1st on the first turn, its automatic win.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

11. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I did a few hours practicing tonight because I have always been terrible with openwheelers. 96% AI, optimum grip, Formula 3 mod at Mugello they were faster than me by ~3 seconds and they had no problem overtaking me. I was even rammed twice when I cut them ahead. Comparing their laptime with RSR records 96% AI should end up front row to mid pack if they were to do SRS F3 races.

Then I tried same settings, F138 Imola, and they behaved pretty similar. They were ~5 seconds faster than me and could overtake me.

However I did notice at some locations where they could have passed me but they didn't. I think the issue with AI is more combo dependent and location dependent. It might not be an easy "over world fix" or "general AI behavior fix".

12. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

One thing that came to my mind recently: Isn't there some "Resolution" setting when you create AI lines for a track? I wondered if the AI behave better the higher the resolution is. Long tracks like Nordschleife I expect to have low resolution, and the AI is rather bad (even on wide parts of the track). But on other, much shorter mod tracks like Mantorp I experience a very different AI behaviour, aggressive overtaking, risky driving, even on very tight corners. And as its a mod track the creator probably went all out in resolution for the AI line.

13. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I did yesterday 100% DTMs @ Nurburg GP - it was finally quite close racing, but still I was 2nd in quali (despite me being quite slow around 2s from my PB in which there are also ) but in a race I ended up on 1st.
    I'll see today another tracks as I made DTM championship with 10 KS tracks.
    But TBH it's quite worrying.