1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Xbox Update

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by rUudD, May 24, 2017.

1. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

That is a good question. How will they finance. After all, we all got the game for free.
    Oh wait, I did pay £40 for it. How entitled of me to expect to have the same treatment PC and PS4 has had in terms of patches and bug fixes.
    You are right, is very childish to expect the same level of service for all clients, regardless of the platform they use. How silly of me.

Actually it was more than £40, since I did purchase the season pass, which again, as second class customers, had to wait longer to get the content. Again, silly me to expect to be treated the same.

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No, I didn't say that. Dont divert the discussion. It's childish to complain about them releasing DLC when the update is delayed, when to release free updates like that they need to sell DLC in order to finance the updates and the delay is not related with the DLC.

WHERE is written that by buying the game the dev is obligated to develop future updates? IMO they have to do it because broken promisses, but they can also sell DLC and pay the bills allong the way.

By the way, you paid 20 euros or whatever less than other games with almost no post development. Like Milestone games.

3. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

So you telling me fixing bugs and keeping up with promises is not something I should expect?
    If you can't do something, don't promise that you will.

It's not written anywhere, but is bad business. I do some companion apps for project cars and F1 2016. Do you think if I didn't give a **** about who paid for them and didn't fix the bugs they report, I would get any more support for future apps I may make?

I also paid 40 pounds for project cars. First three months were very bad, but after that it got much better, to a point where I wasn't worried about pre ordering the second game.

SwissWeed likes this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You keep changing the dicussion. Yes, you can expect updates if the game has been promissed to be differente or/and there are issues and bugs. But IMO you can't complain about them releasing DLC.

AC was released with a cost of 20 euros less compared to most games.

5. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

I'm not changing the discussion.
    An update was supposed to come a month ago. Got delayed. No news since then. However they found the time to work on a paid DLC.
    For me, what's is the pipeline (i.e., the xbox update) should take priority and be released asap before other (specially paid) content. For me that's like a middle finger to the Xbox customers.
    Maybe because I work in the area and like to provide a high level of service, I expect the same from everyone else. I know, I have quite high (and maybe unrealistic) expectations.

Edit: I know my finances. If I wrote that I paid £40 for project cars on release day and £40 for assetto on release day, is because that's how much I paid for it. And in the U.K. games are not always £60. If you shop around you can get them much cheaper, between £40 and £50 on release day.

Shifter Blister likes this.
  6. exactly, same price of forzamotorsport standard edition.. pcars...etc...

7. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Actually I was checking and I stand corrected: I paid £37.99 for assetto corsa, £2 less than Project Cars.

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Guys creating DLC cars have no influence on console version. They develop for PC. It's unfortunate console updates have been delayed, but "PC train" is not gonna stop to wait for you, but moving as always. DLC is the only reason development hasn't stopped yet for a PC game that has been in Steam since 2013. DLC has been used to fund the PC development for years now. It is completely separate thing from Xbox update. Ferrari pack was announced in 2016 already

Kunos are aware and probably super stressed about the situation (the team that is involved with Console Version, which is again NOT the same people who make cars = aris, pankykapus, luca etc..) Posting whiny/aggressive messages about Xbox update in every Twitter post Kunos makes (like the one where they asked PC users to post R2R screenshots, or now this Ferrari poll thing) is not needed, thanks

IllestD, SlimCharles and bradleyland like this.
  9. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

I would love to have some of you as customers. Then I would go silent for a month and see what you would say. I really would love to be able to do that.

But hey, keep ignoring xbox then. If ever a new Kunos game gets released on Xbox, don't act surprised if it flops.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! I for one won't be fooled twice, not with this silent treatment.

Shifter Blister and paul_wev like this.
  10. SwissWeed

SwissWeed Gamer

Not needed, thanks

11. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

For me, and probably many out there who are passionate about car racing games, a weekly update would go a long way.
    Didn't need to be super detailed, something along the lines of "we're having issues with this and this. This and that is done, working on something else. ETA within x weeks. Next week we will know more".
    Done, community gets updated, less restless, and most likely more understanding.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I can understand it's frustrating to not get the update. It sucks. Really. But what you want to hear? New messages every day from Kunos, saying "It's in submission" "Today, again in submission" "Day 3, in submission"?

Just few things straight:

1) Silence = they are busy working, knowing the work ethic of these people
    2) Ferrari DLC has nothing to do with your update, game, purchase you made, or consoles in general

13. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Given the delay, I don't think weekly forum updates are a big ask. Anyone who cannot acknowledge the sheer level of frustration XB users must be feeling right now is being intentionally oblivious. It's easy to be on the sidelines imploring everyone to be reasonable, but the XB update delay has gotten to the point where I'm amazed XB users aren't in wholesale revolt.

14. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I'm guessing it's because most Xbox users gave up a while ago.I'm waiting on the update, if the multiplayer stuff works ok I will start playing AC again otherwise I give up as well.

Shifter Blister and bradleyland like this.
  15. exactly

16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

And I bought Star Wars Battlefront for 15 euros. The fact is that Assetto was launched with a price of 20 euros less.

Silence? You have the boss of the game himself saying in this same thread they are in submission. Saying that they can not say no more (and he says he should not say that much) because NDA.

No, this is a matter of being fair and precise with the complaints. You can not link the development of DLC with the delay of the updates.

17. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

NDA about the state of an update? This is not my first rodeo.
    I've never came across someone saying they couldn't report on progress of work because of an NDA. Definitely not on Microsoft's side.
    Go check for example Elite Dangerous from Frontier Development and the level of communication they have vs Kunos.
    They are also a small company and self publishing one.

As for the price, not sure what country you are from. Maybe your country is bad for prices (I know where I'm originally from, Portugal, is very bad). But in the U.K. Is not that big of a difference.
    Also just because a product is cheaper, it doesn't entitle the developer to be less than someone who charges more.

SwissWeed likes this.
  18. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Forgot: last update from Kunos was roughly a month ago. A submission doesn't take a month. So something must have happened; either there was no submission, or the submission was declined because of something (the usual reasons are failing Microsoft internal tests).

As I said before, maybe I have high expectations. Just don't expect xbox users to have short memory if another Kunos product ever comes out.

19. FYI wikipedia says they are 300 people, not really my definition of "small company".
    The update is in MS hands and we are waiting for feedback, what else exactly would you like to know?

20. nope.. a couple of days ago I posted that the update is in submission