1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite cars from the new pack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, May 18, 2016.

1. Kakkela

Kakkela Rookie

Thanks for quick reply! But now it gets even more confusing, because everybody that were telling there is any kind of system in FD told it was active and that passive system you described is only in FC. :eek:
    And there are kits for eliminating the passive system from FC, but not FD. Maybe even Mazda thinks this is normal suspension behavior and not an "system" because nobody talks about it, just complains that FD rear toe arm bushings are bad and wear out quickly.

Maybe patch notes would have been clearer if you would have separated Skyline and RX-7 systems?

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. Love it for the few days after a release when the devs seemingly have a bit of spare time to chat and explain things to the community, really nice seeing an insight! Cheers @Aristotelis

3. @Kakkela
    Do you really think Kunos would have went through the trouble of simulating this if they didn't have technical data from Mazda about it? You guys really need to put a bit more trust in the devs.

4. Is it wrong to ask? I bet tons of people enjoy reading Aris's answers.. :)

Edit: To make my post just a little less offtopic, the time attack Supra gives me the widest grin. Loving everything in it and I'd love to see more ridiculously powerful time attack cars in AC.

Glaurung, GLENNYBOY1 and xystof like this.
  5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to clarify. The FC had massive amounts of passive rear steering (by massive I mean 1.5° degrees, always small) and was also actively promoted by marketing as it was the era's high achievement (copied by Porsche 928 system).

The FD (the one we simulate) has a much much MUCH more limited rear steering, just 0.3°...tiny. It wasn't even marketed by Mazda. But it adds a bit of character to the car. There's indeed a lot of confusion if you do the simple google search on the car about that rear steering. We obviously have some extra resources.

6. After Aris has already answered, yes.

Don't get me wrong though, I wish Aris could do an hour long Q/A session every week; his posts are always enlightening.

7. Kakkela

Kakkela Rookie

Nah, I believe Aristotelis on this one, but calling it four wheel steering in the patch note pointer you talk about Skylines system is bit of a stretch imho. Afterall this system is just cleverly crafted bushings compared to active system Skyline has and FC system was called Dynamic Tracking Supsension System, not Four wheel steering.

8. Kakkela

Kakkela Rookie

Thank you once again! I tried to research this one last night for hours and hours and couldn't really find anything. Do you happen to know where this misinformation about active system could be coming from? Were there some prototypes in the 90s or something ? Wikipedia article (not really trusting it on this one) reads ""Mazda RX-7 (optional, computerized, high and low speed)"

9. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

You've got Z370? I'd love to read the comparision real life user vs. AC.
    I read some opinions on Lotuses (incl. Evora) and other cars too. But I always love more opinons.

Silhuette and shaolin-g like this.
  10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

RX-7 by far. Svelte, sexy, reasonably fast and entertaining. What more should a sport car deliver???
    Sounds on the Skyline are impressive to say the least and the electronic wizardry seems to be very accurate so this one is going to be driven a lot.

Also looking forward to some tight MX-5 Cup MP action though I can't say it's a favorite. Too little power, too much grip, adjusting to it's driving style is an exercise in little return for a lot of effort. It's just not enjoyable enough on it's own for me but let 20 of them loose on any given track and it should provide a good show.

The Supra is such a lard ***... More Grand tourer than sport car. And could never like the styling.

370Z, exactly as expected. Bland car with interesting styling. This one will not get a lot of seat time from me.

My favorite thing about the AE86 is driving it with period correct tires and browsing the skins. The pop culture reference was expected and really nice but the other skins for it are some of the best in AC imho. Excellent work, whoever did them.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

high point for me so far is the supra time attack. really gives a sense of enjoyment just from accelerating. very fun car to drive.
    low point was looking at the specs of the mx5 cup and the abarth ac and getting really excited for possibly the coolest car pairing in AC, then discovering that the mx5 has far too much performance for that to be the case.

im surprised how different the ae86 sounds compared to a mk1 mr2. the 86's are a joy to drive though. the tuned version is a wonderful thing!

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Good to know. Lovely cars. Thanks! The attention to every little piece of what makes some of these cars individual is absolutely amazing.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Had about an hour yesterday before bedtime, trying out the Jap-pack, and I was actually a little let down of how "boaty" the cars felt. I haven´t been around AC for some weeks, so I came with fresh piece of mind to this pack.
    So, drove a few online races, switched cars etc, and my thoughts on the feel of the cars was "meh...". Before shutting down my system, I just wanted to do something fast and familiar, so took the C9 out on Nords to check out the new turbo update. WTF? Something definitely wrong here! Back, check settings, found first of all V-sync on, hallelujah insta improvement when switched off. Still weird steering and slides far too controllable: back to settings, oops, settings set to Gamer??! WTF! Back to Pro, ahhhhh relax and enjoy. Thank you, now I had to try the whole pack again and of cause went to bed way to late...

Great update! Thanks KS (and thank God for coffee!)

Seria17hri11er and Jim Layhee like this.
  14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is actually one of the things we are so proud of.
    If you get those cars in stock form, looking at just the numbers of their tech data, they are "boring" in comparison with modern sports cars. Around 300bhp, 1500-1600 heavy beasts, relatively skinny tyres... receipt for disaster.
    But... I think we've managed, "somehow" to bring out the character of the cars and they had a lot. We're pretty happy with that, not an easy thing to do behind a monitor and a consumer steering wheel.

15. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

I have only tried the stock versions of all cars, and they are all sublime to drive. R34 was a suprise, I did nto expect anything from it, but made me grin maybe even more than the other cars. But all of them are fantastic fun - many-many thanks, Kunos! (visuals of the AE86 and R34 have already been discussed in the "bugs" section, but physics wise, it's a very warm feeling to have such high fidelity physics of these icons in AC - cheers guys!)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  16. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I was more under the saying "they don't make em like they used to" ;)
    What impresses me most (mostly upon starting with the Supra) was the literal difference in FFB. With most of the modern sports cars, you don't get that nearly as much.
    I've owned a 1986 300zx N/A with power assisted steering, and it's feel through the wheel reminisces the AE86. Raw, almost jagged feeling through the wheel.
    The Supra was a whole different animal. It suffer from a "dead wheel" syndrome in some slides (most noticed on Nordscliefe). The suspension on the rear had enough lift, you feel the old shocks, and the slide recovery goes out the window.
    Vague steering overall on the Supra. It feels right. It reminds me of my '99 Dodge Dakota steering, in a way. Don't ask how that makes sense....
    Then jumped to the Skyline and was met with instant centering feedback. This car is serious and meant to be direct. Mostly, I found that looking for when understeer kicks in is most important.
    The went to the RX7 and had this mushy feeling that you could really feel weight distribution.

Then, I try the 370z and am immediately feeling the fimiliar modern car feedback all over again.
    MX5 was pretty much the same. Not that it's a bad thing, just expected, and that's why I'm impressed. I feel the difference in steering evolution.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. zenkai

zenkai Rookie

Had a couple of laps in the stock MX5 and MX5 Cup yesterday, and I think the Cup will be my new favorite car overall in AC, it is so much fun to drive :D Also the stock MX5 feels very good and IMHO realistic compared to the real ND, it just feels right... Interieur looks is a bit too dark though ;)

shaolin-g likes this.
  18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

at first, when I tried MX5 and MX5 CUP I was bit dissapointed ... but my fault .. my not driving in AC for a while, I forget that Fast track is no go these days so after switching to old (and experimenting with green) I start to appriciate new cars ...
    shortly tried all of them, so far I like:
    MX5,
    Tuned AE86
    Supra both MKIV and TA

Nissans are dull,
    RX7 just doesn`t suit me ... but I`ll let it convince me later :)

And I don`t know if it is just hard to translate to FFB but I don`t get that sensation you get from cars with RWS or passive form in case of IRS with trailing arm (I think MX5, RX7 Supras and R34 should have it) .. that slightly oversteering feeling yet realizing rear has more grip than ever at the same time :)

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Aris clarified that only the R34 has proper RWS...RX7 has some minor suspension-based passive RWS you will not notice too much.
    It can be felt so clearly that the rear is aiding in both stability and turning...I started conservatively but felt ghat it wasn't right. I learned that I can go above the point of understeer in other cars because the RWS will kick in and help you out. Same for the exit situation. I can't wait to practice more tonight.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  20. I can't wait to continue my tests tonight. I have only driven the standard AE86 and the AE86 Drift cars so far, but I will be taking the AE86 Tuned version out after tea, followed by the Mazda MX5 ND and Cup. By the way, someone posted a screenshot of all the cars at the Nordschleife on page 2 of this thread, but there were only eleven cars in the shot. The Japanese Pack has twelve cars in it....

Seria17hri11er likes this.