1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your account is not currently associated with a Steam

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Denis Castilloux, Dec 26, 2013.

1. This was not intended as a community forum and would not surprise me if all but the bug reporting sections aren't deleted soon. If people that don't own the game want to learn more about it that is what the Facebook page and the official webpage is for.

2. djadlib

djadlib Gamer

This should be a user forum. So pirates: go away. If you're a valid user you can associate it with your steam account and than block anything you don't want to share with the community

3. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

I agree with those who say that AC should be demo'd for the world to see and try - the quality is amazing so one car and one fully functioning track for example, should do the job. I agree also that this is a support forum, however there are many differing views on what topics people would like it to contain - but restricting casual viewing is not going to stop piracy! The vast majority of us know that despite modern software protection methods, those who want to pirate a game and are determined enough, will do so. It is imo and arguably a better advertising strategy to try and whett the appetites of those that see and play an AC demo, which may just convince them to buy it. On the other hand, attempting to keep it under wraps will only excite the curiosity of pirates and force them in an opposite direction.

Just as aside, when the final version of is released, are there any plans to add copy protection - ser No's etc?

Now then. I'm just off to play on my borrowed copy of Black Flag :eek: Just kidding of course! :D

4. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

it took me a while to link my account too., but in the grand scheme of things I didn't or don't find it an issue, its such a great simulation that's so much fun to drive that tiny issues like this get blown away in the wind for me.

Denis Castilloux likes this.
  5. C Bug

C Bug Rookie

Probably my last post here, I have bought AC on steam ( bought it in the first week of it being there ) and I do not pirate games and support any reasonable endeavour to stop this, I am a little unsure about linking Steam to anything third party or external to steam so don't want to do this link thing.

I await the fall of the ban hammer, and recognise that my choice sends me to lurk in the depths of the Assetto Steam forum, to feed off the crumbs cast down from the top table.

6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

why are you so unsure about it?

7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

You see many thousand other users linked their account to this forum and nobody got problems.

8. baboon

baboon Alien

Why you await to be banned? You can still use this forum without linking steam, you just won't get official support answers.

9. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

No, it's not possible. In short time a not linked account is limited, then banned.

10. yusupov

yusupov Alien

stop being paranoid...the AC devs seem to be overwhelming themselves & thus have a short temper with some of the 'issues' brought up; its just to reduce noise on the forum.

im not even sure what you think linking your account is going to do other than check for AC, but, whatever it is...its not.

Jebus and TCLF like this.
  11. AC Support

It's just a query to check if you've the licensed game. Indeed, you can keep the entire profile private if you want, we really don't care about any other info. :)

12. baboon

baboon Alien

Wasn't aware of that, but I think it's reasonable. But I can also understand why someone refrains from linking his steam account. A forum like this seems like a great place for fishing steam ids. Not sure if they are worth anything though, I think not but I don't know anything about it. Maybe it really just is 'paranoia'.

13. yusupov

yusupov Alien

theyre not...i have thousands of posts on the steam forums, which are completely public.

14. AC Support

Everybody can read, directly from Steam client or through specific websites, the Steam IDs of other players. :) It's really useless though, it's not a credit card number or a personal email address. You can't "hack" a profile with just its ID... I would suggest to set a very strong Steam password instead. :)

baboon likes this.