1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite Firts/Third Person Shooter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jan 29, 2018.

1. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Battlefield 1942 (yes the first one!) with Desert Combat 0.7 MOD.
    This was a mod which changed the game from WW2 to operation Desert Storm.

Helicopter heaven baby. Seriously the choppers in DC (a mod) were better than those inplemented in actual Battlefield sequels I played. Yeah I'm looking at you BF vietnam... :D

AccAkut, T'PAU and Tberg like this.
  2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Anyone played Escape From Tarkov Beta, how is it?
    https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
    Is it worth to buy now, is there campaign already, or better wait for official release?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Horus likes this.
  3. I don't like squad stuff. I prefer to move through the game world on my own, choosing where to go and what to do without having to worry about anyone else. Let's face it, how the hell can you use stealth with an entire army behind you?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  4. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

World Of Warships
    World Of Warplanes V2.0 (just started)
    not so much of World Of Tanks.

done some arma, using TrackIR, so when I look around only the head moves, and the body stays still in the bushes.
    but I`m getting to old for FPS, reaction time and the plague of AimBots killed my enjoyment of online play.

Do enjoy a bit of Elite Dangerous, cant wait for the next Free Expansion pack "Beyond".
    Got my Federal Corvette engineered to the Max, gonna be some good times ahead:D

5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Time to jump on the bandwagon and support the development of realistic VR shooters. Multiplayer only unfortunately. Making good AI code is very hard and expensive so they all save that for later if ever.
    Onward:

Virtual Warfighter:

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Ever thought of Skyrim ?

I used to practice sneaking up on chickens and also spent a week filling houses with cabbages and other vegetables....and there's dragons :)

There's also the Metro games for those who want some shoot em up but you can use stealth if you want to.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

For free roaming, Far Cry 4 fist the bill.
    Ghost Recon Wildland shares similar sand box approach with more emphasis on stealth with helping teammates (AI or co-players) but the game is a mess IMHO.
    There is also Metal Gear V for solitary stealth, Sniper Elite 4 (stealth/sniping).
    I personally don't have patience for stealth, much prefer straight run and gun.

8. Horus

Horus Alien

Alien Isolation and Dead Space 1 (2 and 3 are okay, but the first one is quite fantastic).

P.S. Alien Isolation, at night (no lights on), full 7.1 surround and I promise you will need to change your pants. I have to rate it as the most atmospheric, jump fest, pain in the arse, screaming like a girl fight fest ever. If it was VR, I would have to buy a HMD.

P.P.S. It is VR, Ball bags, that's my pocket money gone for a few weeks. LOL

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

PUBG by far at the moment, BF1 and GTA V also get some MP time. PUBG is really intense for me, I´ve thrown my mouse away a couple of times when finally the bullets drop nearby after some time of peaceful looting. Also when my speaker volume knob got loose and fell on my leg while the round was coming to an end. Nearly jumped up from my seat.

Would be down for a nice campaign shooter with good cinematics, but nothing has convinced me lately.

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Before you purchase your Rift on Amazon have a look at the "customers who bought this item also bought" part below. You should see a bib and a 5Ltr sick bucket there. Your going to need those other 2 items for your first few days with the Rift. If your planning to play games like Elite Dangerous you may also need some vomit repellent wallpaper and some light bulbs with atleast 50 meter water resistance.

Mathieu Labbé and Horus like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Well, depends on what you asking. My favourite(s) fps is probably cs 1.5, just because it got me into fps, and after that 1.6 (EDIT: CoD MW3/BO1/2 I really liked too). Now im mostly playing bf4 and i really love that game, never gets old. 3rd person shooters? I dont really have any but im going trough witcher 3 and shadow of war atm. Id recommend both games if you want something to play. Witcher 3 got a bit more of a story and SoW is more braindead but their both good games.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  12. Altair

Altair Gamer

Amazing FPS!! Very hard but a lot of fun. It's only mp

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I have the new bf games but its always the same story i just don't play it enough to last more than a few seconds & this is the main issue with 99% of fps multiplayers i just battle not to be last. I like Arma 3 i didn't play that for years even though i had it but just started playing it a bit, its a pretty amazing game. VR fps like onward & stand out are really amazing & will give fps a much needed new angle. But again most time playing games is spent driving, anything else is occasional.

14. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

It is vr as a mod so there are some issues, i need to have another crack at it as they may have updated it since. It was really amazing to be in that world though, so tense.

Horus likes this.
  15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

What you describe there actually sounds a lot like Skyrim, except it's not a first person shooter, more like a first person...eh...stabber. Unless you count the bows. :) We could also mention Fallout 3 (+ New Vegas) and Fallout 4 while we're at it.
    But also Far Cry 4, as Andrew mentions, fits the bill for that sort of thing. Maybe a bit too much hand-holding but still a lot of fun.

You should definitely check out Dishonored and Dishonored 2 if you haven't. Brilliant games! And the level design is stellar.

This is all coming from a guy who has seen a lot of games over the years. I started out with a console where you controlled two dots on a screen, and then moved on to an Amstrad CPC 464. :D

16. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Didn't we do this thread a few years ago?

Wolfenstein
    Doom
    Quake
    Q3A
    Return to castle wolfenstein
    Enemy Territory
    ET: Quake Wars

Current FPS I'm playing is Dirty Bomb, made by same guys as did enemy territory and quake wars - very much the spiritual successor of enemy territory but free to play, fast team based objective focused gameplay

17. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Anyone remember Corporation on the Amiga? I remember at the time it felt very sophisticated, i didn't remember any other FPS at the time.

Horus likes this.
  18. My gaming experience stretches all the way back to the Atari 2600 VCS at Christmas 1981!

Far Cry and Far Cry 2 were decent games, but I have not played any others in that series. I also recently tried Fallout 4, and whilst it was good in parts, it was let down by repetitive gameplay, and that sense of "pockets of action" in an otherwise open game world. However, the final bullet that killed it off for me was that ridiculous mission that involved killing God knows how many crab like creatures at an abandoned fort, plus the enormous queen "boss". I absolutely hate gameplay like that, and my enthusiasm for Fallout 4 was killed off for good at that point :(

Horus likes this.
  19. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Especially in VR

20. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

That corvette must have cost a fortune. I really want one but I only have 163 million.