1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite Firts/Third Person Shooter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jan 29, 2018.

1. So....what is Metro Last Light Redux?

2. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

The Redux versions of each game are just updated versions of the originals. Optimisation of the game engine, improved graphics, improvements to the stealth options etc....

2033 was the first installment of the series, Last Light the next and there is a third installment on the way at the back end of this year called Metro: Exodus.

2033 is mainly based underground on the Metro lines ;), Last Light was more above ground. I think MP was also added in the Redux versions. Good game with a good story.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Surprised no one created Far Cry 5 thread yet.
    The game is a bomb.
    1) Surprisingly decent PC port, good optimization, no typical crashes you get with just released Ubi titles.
    2) More missions variety, I couldn't finish FC4 due to repetitiveness, this one is holding up pretty well so far with all the ridiculous stuff it throws at you.
    3) Montana looks gorgeous, and fishing is great. :)

4. How good is it for stealth gameplay?

Tim Meuris likes this.
  5. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but you guys should try Insurgency. Dirt cheap and amazing gameplay.

Vibe Style likes this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

After the first the Far Cry series didn't catched my attention (besides the Blood Dragon Trailer) but that video convinced me

Also I read that hunters go hunting with the result that they get killed by the wildlife.

After playin Noone lives forever again I would enjoy some more comedy. NOLF is also stealth heavy btw.

7. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I remember all the titles that Mr Low mentions (System Shock was particularly intruiging). Insurgency is quite fun actually. Feels a bit more tactical than your usual run and gun fps games. Played it a lot for a while; the graphics feel a bit dated, but gameplay totally makes up for it.

If you fancy some WWII action instead, Day of Infamy is another game by the same developer.

That said, BF1 is awesome :)

8. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Well, it's not Dishonored 2, to put it like that. You can get away with too much. One time Boomer (the dog) stood like 10 feet away from one of the bad guys, turned around and ran behind cover. He was in the dude's vision at least a couple of seconds. Just seemed to ignore him. I've had similar experiences with other followers. It's like the bad guys are ignoring them way too much just for the sake of making things easier for you.

Also, they are too slow to react to you as well. The let-me-just-ponder-a-bit-about-what-I'm-seeing-right-now-before-realising-it's-my-enemy-o'meter fills up way too slow IMO. This was all on Normal difficulty mind you.

Still, despite that the game is great fun. There's just something about the game mechanics in those Far Cry series that hits the sweet spot.

9. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Does it still has these obligatory main story mission parts? The ones the game puts you in after completing a certain amount of the game. Often hallucinating scenes. Are they difficult in fc5? Bloody hated those ones in the previous games. Made me give up on them. Love the new setting though...

I had lots of fun with the basegame of homefront the revolution. Very good shooter once they ironed out the bugs

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Looks like they've tried to make it more fun than challenging this time. Playing on Normal and it's way too easy, don't know how if it gets harder with progression.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  11. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Mine is Onward.

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

if you like Onward make sure to keep an eye out for Alvo and Espire 1: VR Operative. Alvo seems to have heaps of potential to match CS:GO.

chksix likes this.
  13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I just found another decent title, Pavlov VR for 9 bucks on Steam.

14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

If you play in lan you won't have a problem. Online, the skillset is around being smart with the netcode.

Hit damage registration isn't delayed because it wouldn't make sense to hit the character model & won't make damage. That's why you die behind cover if the disparity is very large. Basically opponent movement & damage done isn't synced to get a fair gameplay experience online.
    [​IMG]

The reason behind this is due to lag compensation in netcode. Your movement are delayed on your opponent screen & your opponent movement is delayed on your own screen based on the disparity between you & your opponent ping.

In shooters, online, you actually can take down your opponent without seeing you, since your character model movement is delayed. This is caused by your character model not being displayed yet on your opponent screen due to the disparity of ping & lag compensation. Obviously, hit are still registered, because you are indeed shooting at the character model on your screen. To get this done effectively, you need to use audio cue such as footstep so you can spray & pray on your opponent while peeking. All scores are from scrubbing peeking or getting someone at the back. You can even use a gamepad & do well.

When you use the iron sight, it has a delay of 0.10~. At close range, peeking using hipfire is more effective although bullet spray is 100% random.

Being good at aiming is like slow in fast out in sim racing. (it's BS :p)