1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

Those grips are amazing. How did you make them? They look molded/cast. That could not have been easy.

2. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

Thanks. I 3d printed them which involved a lot of prototyping.

[​IMG]

Sometimes it looks good, but doesn't feel good in hand. The only way to judge this is print a lot of different prototypes. The Mclaren 650S rim has really thick solid grips, the way i like it.

[​IMG]

Desiging rounded shapes is extremely difficult to get them to be solid for 3d printing. The final result i covered with a fake suede which can be stretched a bit of optimal results.

Turk, JoeMoore, detoit and 5 others like this.
  3. manc0ntr0

manc0ntr0 Gamer

4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Wow. That's really neat @HoiHman! I am completely ignorant when it comes to 3D printing. I know there are all sorts of varying degrees of quality/function of 3D printers available nowadays (with wildly varying pricing to match). I'm just curious - what would you say was the total cost in materials to 3D print one complete steering wheel shape? I swear to God, I'm like a man from 750,000 years ago who's seeing fire for the first time, when I watch additive 3D printing.

5. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

The cost of the 3d printing materials (including all prototypes) were pretty low, some where around €50,- . But with knitter buttons, bodnar board, rotaty encoders, aluminum backbone, QR , carbon fiber foil, stickers the total investment is around 500 euro.

It took me over 100 hours to design, protype, print and assemble the rim.

6. I think you need to follow in vw shoes with the bugatti veyron and sell them for $400! ;) Kidding aside you have a real nice setup going on there. Nice work on that wheel it is awesome!

7. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

After seeing the beautiful designed grips of HoiHman, I had to post these pics of my Steelseries/Simraceway SRW-1.
    For over a year or so the rubber-surface of the grips adsorbs some smeary fluid. You can see it after only a few days of not using the wheel. :eek:

I had a similar problem once with a brandnew, original-packed Atari-joystick for the 2600, which I wanted to use a few years after buying.
    Haven't figured out so far how to get rid of this smeary fluid once and forever.
    o_O

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. daniel.13

daniel.13 Hardcore Simmer

This is some superb work. It looks like you are using sketchup there to create the wheel layout. Are you doing the whole model in SU or just creating the outline and then moving onto blender/3ds/Maya/your preferred modelling software for the rest?

9. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

Thanks

Everything was done in sketch up.

daniel.13 likes this.
  10. daniel.13

If you don't mind me asking, how do you do your bevel/chamfer? Maybe it's a sketchup pro feature, but I tried the roundcorner plugin and it works up until a point, but then the overlaps become so severe it just wont work for me.

[​IMG]

And as you can see, RoundCorner wont get me the desired results

[​IMG]

Cheers

11. @ HoiHman What brand of 3d printer are you using?

12. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

That was the really hard part: Making the handgrips in 3d was the most difficult task of the the entire Mclaren 650S rim. I made an arc and used the "follow me" tool in sketchup and did a lot of manual correction. It took me weeks to create the handgrips to my liking. Especially the tumb grips were very hard to make..

I printed the Mclaren wheel with a velleman K8400, but this week i'm receiving a Orginal Prusa I3 MK2S. My next project will be printed with carbon X filament.

Derrellbiffle and daniel.13 like this.
  13. daniel.13

That is some dedication. I'll give the follow me took a go see how it works out. cheers!

14. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Nice mits too, what are they? :)

16. JoeMoore

JoeMoore Racer

Hi wonderful work , if you don't mind would you have a link to the suede your using please .

17. daniel.13

Beautiful as always!

I was inspired by your work, so I decided to try and design and print my own wheel. After a solid couple of days of designing, tweaking and experimenting , here is the printed result.
    [​IMG]

Maybe I should leave this to the pro's?

18. J.Osap

J.Osap Gamer

hello adaptabel1,
    I'm use 1080 projector (max 60p) GTX1070 Nvidia, i7 7700KK and SSDM2. Sometime I have some lag also with only 1 car practice. How you settin AC setup disply for best matching on 1080 60p projector for avoid microlags ...... Many anticipated thanks, :)
    Giovanni

19. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

I don't use projectors but maybe you need to research your projector as maybe this is causing you're lag, what's the specs for it, what is the projectors response time etc. This could be very relevant. Also have you tried it on an ordinary monitor and do you get the same lag ?

20. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

Sorry mate, but what's a "mits" ? o_O

kypoon1972 likes this.