1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Luiz Noguera

Luiz Noguera Gamer

Friends, We passionate about these games and simulators, which brings us to the most beautiful dreams of speed, makes us have big spending and creativity.
    More satisfaction is guaranteed.

2. mrs1986

mrs1986 Rookie

Hi all, I'm new here. This is my setup, hope you guys like it even if it looks like a toy compared to what you see here, pretty awesome!!

image.jpeg

G27 DIMyself stand for the wheel and a pc with 28" screen

3. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

I love, love, love the pink shoes on the left, I will use them for driving!!!!

(welcome to ac forum :p)

4. mrs1986

mrs1986 Rookie

hahaha they are actually red :p

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Tired of my WheelStand Pro and wondered what you guys think of the Playseat Challenge, dont have the room for a fixed rig but this seems to be mobile somewhat. Thanks

6. Luiz Noguera

Luiz Noguera Gamer

I'll find pictures on Nogripracing my first attempt at a cockpit was very similar to his. I liked to see!

7. Luiz Noguera

Luiz Noguera Gamer

So it was my first cockpit with pedals and exchange a VW Beetle I bought at scrap metal and adapted to build. my passion only increased

Attached Files:

8. yenclas

yenclas Rookie

This is my cockpit:

[​IMG]

9. Assetto Corsa Lambo Huracan GT3 o_O

Click for bigger
    [​IMG]

baboon and Blamer like this.
  10. bob76

bob76 Racer

how did you create this I don't see any bezels

11. RockMonsterTJ

RockMonsterTJ Rookie

I love mine. I don't have room for a full rig eather but this thing is just as sturdy. I have had no problems with it in over a years worth of use aside from the fake seat belt holes liner breaking the first time I sat down in it. Folds up super compact too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Looks great thanks also the guitars look awesome. I hope to find the PC as stock seems low out there

13. baboon

baboon Alien

I could use a foldable seat like this :)

Did you built it yourself or something like this available for purchase somewhere?

14. gcflora

gcflora Racer

I was thinking the same thing because I have a foldable seat/chair that actually looks exactly like that (without the wheel and pedals attached of course)

Edit: I'd need to move my beer fridge so it was near the setup (looks tricky to get in and out of)

15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

[​IMG]

16. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Updated to triple-screen and some other little stuff too.

WP_20151015_12_11_28_Pro (2).jpg

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

JimmyPop and ears1991 like this.
  18. Vel

Vel Simracer

I've been taking a good bit of time viewing and admiring the various set ups people have shared in this thread and elsewhere for use with AC. Yet i am constantly surprised by one variable, available memory/ram in the systems' built.

Specifically, the lack of ram in favor of multiple card Nvidia x80 SLI /AMD top tier crossfire set ups, multiple large monitors/tv's, great wheels, pedals, seats, projectors and so forth.

Unfortunately with 32 gig of ram, i don't have enough ram for a suitable ram disk to use with a full AC install (including mods) entirely to the ramdisk (my AC install is at 46 or so gig currently). However with various other MMO's i play, productivity applications and the OS's /temp path environment variable, i use a ram disk permanently. The MMO's in particular, - typically have huge .dat files in the neighborhood of 20 or so gig. If i know I'm going to be playing the game for an evening, i typically set up the system with the .dat file sitting in the ram disk (which i resize to the required amount eg. 20 gig) and tell the MMO (for instance, Guild Wars 2 or Eve Online) to use the ram disk for the location its .dat file or 'shared cache' is located. Portable games like World of Tanks and similar productivity applications i simply copy in their entirety into the Ramdisk and run from there.

There are two caveats here of course:

1. Depending on source file/application/game locations for the app that will be residing on the Ramdisk, there is the issue that they must be copied (from a source storage location) to the ramdisk before use. This can be scripted as something the system does at boot time, or you just do it manually before starting the game/program. The ram disk being what it is, has to be reloaded every time the computer is turned on or reset, generally speaking. This process can take a minute or two depending on source device performance and naturally the size of the application being copied. In the past, with purely platter based hard drive systems with low transfer speeds this kind of activity could take a while (earning ram disk discussion a bit of a lol from folks who're impatient). Equally, with small quantities of ram in a system 4-8 or fewer gig of ram, the use of a ram disk becomes questionable as a means of getting performance out of anything outside of the system /temp environment or really specific niche activities.

2. There are rarely any common or stereotypical 'gaming' enthusiast numerical system specifications that are easily visible on screen that it will improve. FPS will probably not be notably increased. General enthusiast benchmark performance will not likely improve that much. There is a fair perspective that suggests SSD's are more than enough. They're quick, snappy and hold more than enough content for their price/performance ratio. Oh, and in a year or so from now Intel NVME & PCI-E / M2 based SSD devices will be hopefully both accessible to mainstream consumers and enthusiasts alike.

However, I use when and where i can, a ramdisk because its speed (both 4k random & sequential R/W speeds) and flexibility (block sizes) are absolutely day/night compared with any other kind of storage media be it platter based or even a pci-e SSD. Where i really appreciate it is in the load time of 3d environments or multimedia productivity activities (capture/editing etc). In competitive Moba games like World of Tanks, you are able to see who you are going to be competing with as well as their composition long before their 3D environment and related information has loaded. In mmo's with stereo-typically long load times between regions (eg. Guild Wars 2/Eve) ... you end up only waiting for server load instructions. But otherwise the 3D regions load near-instantly. Depending on the kind of game and size of the files it uses, one can equally change the block size of the NTFS ram drives' formatting. While by default (and with good reason) the block sizes are at 4k in most drives, a special purpose RamDrive for one game or productivity use with a couple huge, multi-gig files can have its block size resized for those specific files.

As a result, i look to AC and reflect on the time i spend loading tracks, cars and in particular community mod tracks/cars. Not to disparage the beautiful works and phenomenal efforts invested in these mods, but some of them are rather large. Yes, once they're loaded, they're great and play wonderfully but there is some load time involved in these situations. Wouldn't it be cool if they could be loaded instantly, just as with other apps/games from ram disk. Wouldn't it be phenomenal to press start and have tracks/cars simply ~appear~ in fractions of a second or two at most. No wait. Just play. Like a 1980's console.

So, rather than run with 3 NVidia /AMD cards and an enthousiast OC'd k series cpu, - what about looking at ram disks and enthusiast motherboards that support 64 -> 128 gig of ram for use with ram disk for the near-instant load times when running AC? Has / is anyone else playing around with an AC install from ram disk?

witoldinho likes this.
  19. Hachiroku_88PL

Hachiroku_88PL Hardcore Simmer

I think a proper SSD suits AC just fine. It's a racing game, a set of triple screens is a bigger advantage than second-long loading time. Unfortunately, it requires some serious GPU power to play reasonable FPS. In my opinion, if we are not talking about Titan X, 16GB of fast RAM is enough for SLI at the moment, but I'm no expert of course.

20. Luiz Noguera

Luiz Noguera Gamer

Boa tarde,
    Qualquer um de vocês tem SLI GTX 970 e rift mais cULus DK2?
    Você pode me dizer o desenpenho diferença e muito mais?