1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Tberg

Tberg Alien

lol you know how expencive it is to race?
    It would be a one-time experience with the money I've used on my sim (€3-4K)
    I do tend to use €50 a month on this new electric Kart place we have, and saving up for Nords visit.

2. Azbo

Azbo Rookie

My current "view" :)

[​IMG]

i5 3570k OC'ed, GTX980ti, X34 screen, G27

eclip2, Bobin2, MrPix and 2 others like this.
  3. Really nice rigs in this thread!

Mine is a (never ending) work in progress 42" triple screens, running a SimXperience AccuForce, Heusinkveld Pro Pedals, a couple of shifters from Thrustmaster one TH8RS for the H pattern shifting and a TH8A for sequential shifting and a iPad Air currently being used as a button box.

Everything is mounted to a Stock Car cockpit made by "Extreme Racing" (Reiza's related company) which, contrary to normal expectations, is extremely (pun intend) stiff and stable unlike some of its similar and more common counterparts.

I still have a Static Pro-Race by SR Hardware and a TrackIR kind of put to the side at the momment but will probably add them back at some point.

I'm planing on adding some four or five mini buttkickers controlled by simvibe, but that might mean I'd have to reconsider building another rig frame completely from scratch. I'm not sure yet.

So, that's my rig atm, criticims, tips, ideas or just your impressions are most welcome!

Cheers to all! ;)

[​IMG]

4. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Wow really really nice rig ;)

5. Hachiroku_88PL

Hachiroku_88PL Hardcore Simmer

Accuforce and the HE? Nuff said, epic gear ;)

Leemstradamus likes this.
  6. Octane

Octane Simracer

Very nice setup...and Bruce Lee FTW!

7. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Stunning rig! I wish my office was big enough for triple 42" monster's!

8. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

My office wasn't big enough for large triples at first, so i made some modifications a couple of years ago.

[​IMG]

I do not have the room for a permanent rig. The solution was a TV-lift behind my desk.

Here's a 2 year old video in which you can see how i transform my office from a business office during the day to a full a race rig in about 7 minutes.

Even though the 46" sidescreens are smaller than the 55" middlescreen i managed to get the image of all 3 TV's lined up perfectly through scaling options in windows and in the TV menus. Because i have removed the outframe of the 55" TV, i have a bezel of only 5mm.

Since the video i have done numerous upgrades to my rig, so here are the current final specs:

-Triple samsung tv's 46"55"46" in game mode
    -Intel 4770K@ 4200 Mhz, MSI 980Ti G1 @1475Mhz
    -AccuForce Pro with 4 rims
    -Heusinkveld Pro pedals
    -Custom made curved dashboard with real carbon fiber front
    -GS4 seat
    -Simvibe chassismode (4 BK mini LFE)
    -3 simvibe extensions channels (rpm @ Shifter / rpm @back of the GS4 / impacts BK Advance)
    -2015 DSD Pro Sequential Shifter / Fanatec Club Sport Shifter
    -Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake
    -Note3 with dashmeter Pro
    -Sennheiser HD380 Pro headphones / Logitech Z5500

My office during the day

[​IMG]

And 7 minutes later in 'Race mode"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a video of my 4 different rims for the AccuForce

Yes, i am a "desk racer" :D

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    rycil, LOEVG, sherpa25 and 12 others like this.
  9. Leemstradamus

I'm freaking gob smacked! Your rig is amazing and how you came up with that idea is genius. Fooled me, I guess I do have more room than you. I'm using the spare bedroom and built a permanent rig. I'm waiting to see what happens in the vr world before changing my monitors but my whole office will be redesigned in the future. I currently have a desk that is to big and useless and a futon that I would like to replace with a Murphey bed.

HoiHman likes this.
  10. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Yep, there's some tasty kit out there for sure.

This is where I'm sat when I'm screaming expletives at the not so experienced out there ;)

[​IMG]

Pedals are WIP at the moment. I needed them to be a little higher off the floor.... surprisingly the G-clamps don't interfere. Wheel is stored on the sub when not in use and the shifter is in one of the drawers.. I think o_O.

The Clanger is there to keep me in line :) and took the photo used for my desktop wallpaper. The most important item on the setup is the coffee cup mat to protect the desk.

It's quite a good sound stage, if I say so myself. Particularly important when trying to hide from that pesky Alien, creeping around in Outlast or just kicking back and listening to my favourite tunes.

What you might call a multi-purpose rig/setup :)

11. Happy New Year everyone :)
    Wow i'm about to step up the game in my set up with a whole new pc and everything, but some of your set ups are insane :eek:
    I just wanted to ask if anybody tried to run AC on a 970 with a triple screen setup.
    Is it too much for one 970? I'm just being curious, because that's what i'm getting next and wanted to know if i could upgrade afterwards to triple screen when there is enough money again ;). Thanks for any replies!

12. Leemstradamus

My friend is running triple screens on sli 970's not sure if one would be enough, depending on your resolution. His dad is running triples on a single 980 ti without issue. If you can wait for the next gen you may get far more performance in your current price range, if you can't wait try to get the ti. You will get way more life out of it then the 970's with triples, imo.

The Incredible Dieter likes this.
  13. Nah man, there is no way i can wait any longer :( I've been waiting for so long already. I've been thinking about getting a 980 or 980ti but the ti is a little too expensive for me imo and also it wouldn't be so good to spend so much money with the next gen coming this year. So i thought about just getting a 970 with single screen instead so i can already play (at least way better, without any stuttering because of overheating), and maybe upgrade when the next gen and also more money is available. :D

14. Leemstradamus

I understand that I still play on my triples with my 4gb 680's but after playing with his dad's 980ti I almost ordered two. Both my friends had to do an intervention on me to wait for the next gen.

15. Hachiroku_88PL

Hachiroku_88PL Hardcore Simmer

One 970 should be enough for a triple 1080p, but forget about any high details. You want more, go for the 980ti, it is truly a monster, capable of running my PLP setup nearly maxed at 75 fps. You can sell it when the next gen comes out, still I doubt it will with the best performance models (like ti). It's always better to have a powerful single gpu equal to sli or better, than sli (becouse it never doubles efficiency and it depends on a game).

16. Leemstradamus

Thanks for adding that. It can run triples but with low settings at 1080p. Much like what I got now. Not all low but a good mix of settings. Still looks great but not as amazing as it could when I upgrade. Hell I still may be in the market for a cheap used 980 ti when the next gen comes out for my htpc rig.

Hachiroku_88PL likes this.
  17. James Pahalla

James Pahalla Rookie

hi guys, i have had assetto corsa for a time now, but i was not so active in the forums until now. anyway, here is my humble student rig made from rectangular tubing custom designed and welded. the seat is from a toyota mr2 i think from the surplus dealer which costed me Php 1,800 or 40 USD. you can see my system specs in my signiture. :)

if you can notice my keyboard and Phone-HUD solutions, they are simply cheap and generic tablet holder (for the small a4tech keyboard, a gift from my girlfriend :D ) and phone holders that i have already had. they are simple, cheap and functional.

feel free to comment about my build :D

Attached Files:

18. Tibalotte

Tibalotte Gamer

Here is mine. Specs are in videos description.

rubenforos, somake, nivadepi and 10 others like this.
  19. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

@Tibalotte

Awesome. I would try using black race gloves though, so you will not see the projector light up your hands.

Tibalotte and Nick Moxley like this.
  20. Corsa911

Corsa911 Rookie

Not meant to derail thread, but to inform

I have I5 4690k@4.6
    EVGA 970 SC
    Three Acer 23" 1080p monitors

16 af
    4x Masa
    High shadow/world
    No smoke
    PP effects on high/ultra, no fxaa
    High mirror
    Medium reflection, medium rendering freq

60 fps, no FPS drops, solo Nordschliefe
    GTX 970 is a dang good card for the money.