1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epocx, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Maybe it's the flow of the track indeed, can't really put a finger why. Some numb bumpy feedback like there's something wrong with my wheel. Not like because of the bumps but some kind of numbness all around, pretty much reminiscent of a poor converted track.

eXo and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  2. Sounds familiar. Some way I feel the same. Not saying that it's wrong but for me there's just something strange on bumps at Zandbvoort which makes cars feel a bit funny at times.

eXo and Boris Lozac like this.
  3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I wasn't at all familiar with Zandvoort (either in a sim or in reality) until a few weeks ago. After familiarising myself with the course (which I like, a lot) it felt like I was driving an historic track because of the unrelenting bumpiness. Having since checked out footage of recent DTM races I feel a bit confused as to why a relatively smooth-looking modern track feels so consistently harsh. You can see from the onboard DTM footage that the main straight is very bumpy, but it's not particularly apparent anywhere else.

With Donington I was constantly told the surface needed 'moar bumps', but I was adamant that I wouldn't simply add lots of random 'noise' for the sake of it without having the necessarily detailed reference (I also felt somewhat vindicated by people who'd driven the real thing and described the surface as smooth). As far as I'm aware there's no way you can accurately capture the subtleties required for depicting bumpiness without laser scanning, which makes me wonder what Zandvoort's was actually based on.

4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

You get this constant back and forth between people over how bumpy a track actually is. I think why there is some confusion is that race drivers moan a lot when a track is bumpy, why? Because they are driving very fast with cars with much stiffer suspension. Then you get guys going round in road cars, much much slower with much softer suspension - who usually say the bumps aren't that bad. This for me is the reason why. Racing drivers say the track is very bumpy, road drivers say its less so.

5. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Racing drivers should have fatter arses. I bet Nigel Mansell never complained about bumps after he came back from America.

David Hornsey likes this.
  6. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I tried Project Cars again last night. Hadn't been in the game since I bought it upon release. It looks so beautiful but feels so empty. The force feedback has really improved. But there is zero feedback from the track. I need to feel the bumps and imperfections like I do at Imola in Assetto Corsa. It would be nice if Zandvoort had more of that as well.

7. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

so Looks pretty bumpy to me

mantasisg 2 and cooknn like this.
  8. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

hope they learned not to do this again after the uproar it caused

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I hope they do it again and don't listen to the noise of the few who complain about everything and anything. We will take more track like Zanvoort any time.
    Those who can only drive on laser can track have just not to use them.

e345spd, sacredaardvark, Turk and 8 others like this.
  10. LilSki

LilSki Alien

What gets me about this entire thing is if this was a mod track the entire community would embrace it with open arms. On top of that many would say it should be official content.

The track is very well done and it was FREE. Treat it as someone from the community created it because it is exactly that.

e345spd, mms, Jebus and 6 others like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its still official content though which goes away from the other laserscanned tracks in the game.

12. So?

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

"What gets me about this entire thing is if this was a mod track the entire community would embrace it with open arms. On top of that many would say it should be official content."

14. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

This was not the reason i bit*h about it, i tweeted Kunos to include Paul Ricard as official content. Not being laser scanned has nothing to do with that wierd feeling i have with it :(

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Looks like he had AI turned down to 85% :eek::D

dermonty and Mike1304 like this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Boris Lozac I'm only replying to your initial request wrt "Zandvoort vs. other tracks" and not joining a LS vs- non-LS discussion :p

I personally love the track...one of the most enjoyable and technically demanding ones due to limited corner visibility and "interesting" camber situations. The FFB varies from car to car, like IRL. I was racing the Lotus Exige Scura there and got feedback from the whole car and the track. When I raced in the BMW M4 Akrapovic the FFB was a bit baffled...softer suspension and light rear so I felt the steering, mainly. Both cases made sense to me and it doesn't feel simcade, at all...whatever that even means ;-)

baboon, Boris Lozac and ears1991 like this.
  17. pons

pons Simracer

I love the track. To me its one of the tracks I always come back to. I think I only drove more hours on Spa.
    I am very thankful it got included.

18. I really hope they do it again. The Kunos version of Zandvoort is an excellent track, and if it means that we get more quality tracks in a shorter time frame, then I am keen to see it!

LeDude83 and WallyM like this.
  19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I think the track itself is great, there are a couple of areas where it looks slightly off, but for the most part I was really surprised at how good it was.

Personally, I still stand by my view that I would rather have it be scanned and yes I'd have gladly paid for it.

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Don't know if it's been mentioned before on this thread, but look at the windows in the pit stall doors, it has the creators name on them :cool: