1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"More complex pit-stop system"

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ZioYuri78, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Can someone explain me what it involve? Because the only difference i see it's the pit crew work around your car but i admit i still have to try it in race game mode.

I was expecting some "pit strategy" window in the menu :(

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Importing somewhat complex modules into AC Oct 3, 2018
    Sounds modding Would like to learn the complex sounds Mar 19, 2017
    General modding discussion Backfires complexity May 29, 2015
    Tracks modding (3dsmax) building complex road and terrain fast and easy Aug 23, 2014
    ACC User Interface Pit-Stop Strategies - editing JSON file Mar 8, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals (v 1.1.2) Mouse pointer not hiding during pit-stops , Replays and Intro Videos Oct 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Pit-stop button Aug 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Basic Pit-stops Sep 30, 2018
    Suggestions Driver change during pit-stop for endurance Dec 22, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Sorry to ask but...how does the pit-stop menu work? Apr 10, 2017
    Suggestions Realistic Pit-Stop times May 1, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Damage time fix at pit-stop - only 1 sec Apr 24, 2016
    Suggestions Pit-stop camera Dec 11, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Weird graphic bug after pit-stopping at end of session Oct 25, 2014
    Audio Bugs & Issues Dirt sound on pit-stops [nürburgring] Apr 20, 2014

3. I didn't even see the pit crew. Where are they? What do you do to see them?

4. FHarbor

FHarbor Gamer

I can't see them either.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

6. It looks buggy. It's the first time I see them ingame. Which game mode? And how many laps u did before you went to the pit?

7. ZioYuri78

I tried the 0.3 only in hotlap mode and it was here, the video looks like a quick race.

8. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

I tried it in hotlap mode to, works OK. I took this shot in replay mode not sure whats up with the car. :confused:

1.jpg

tow and ZioYuri78 like this.
  9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Which graphical setting influences the visibility of the pitcrew?

10. ZioYuri78

Yup, replay it's a bit buggy :p

I think they are here by default, no need to set option o_O

11. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

The only buggy thing I can see, the mechanics are building the car in FRONT of the garage :D

trutya and ZioYuri78 like this.
  12. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

It might depent on the session. Hotlap=Pitcrew, Practice=no Pitcrew

ZioYuri78 likes this.
  13. ZioYuri78

I did a couple of test yesterday and looks like this.

14. tow

tow Racer

It looks weird if the car stop at inaccurate position then the car will suddenly teleport into the box, can Kunos make it start auto drive before the car approach to the pit box? Auto drive into the accurate position animation will looks much natural.

15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Terribly sorry, but things got a bit more complicated with unforseen problems. We are working as hard as we can, but the pit strategy window and everything related to it while driving, must wait for a later release. It will arrive definitely, don't worry about that.
    Everybody in the office is working like crazy, we apologize for the issue and still pushing as hard as we can.

Regarding the teleport. As in real life, you can stop the car approximately on your pit box. If you are very precise, the pit crew will raise the car and do the pitstop. If you are a bit not so precise, as in real life the car is raised, then dragged on the correct place and then the pitstop proceeds, resulting in a bit of time waste. Of course we can't yet animate pitcrew dragging the car, but we think it's the next best thing possible as it leaves completely manual operation of the pitstop

16. ZioYuri78

Thak you Aris!

I admit i'm a bit sad but i can understand that there is more important things to fix, keep it up! :)

Aristotelis likes this.
  17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

No discussions about this imho.

18. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I'm against any sort of "Auto-Drive", Entering Pit Lane and going through a Pit procedure is part of racing and time is lost or gained on a successful Pit Lane transition. If a driver is out of position and the crew have to move his car to the correct one then he should lose time, compared to a driver who enters his pit stall correctly wastes no time and is able to have a quicker pit stop. Races can be won and lost in Pit Lane, lets not make it the same for everyone as that just isn't racing :)

R. Iván, rikirk, Stepy and 10 others like this.
  19. tow

tow Racer

Okay i get your point... Bug report, where is the lollipop man? :D

20. trutya

trutya Simracer

thank you Aristotelis!

one question: as far as i know there is a required "under minimum" or "over maximum" pitting time. i mean you can have shorter pit stop as x seconds which allows you only change tyres (or only refuel, i'm not sure). but if you do refuel and change tyres your pit stop must be longer than y seconds. pitting time can't be between x and y (x<y) seconds.
    is there any plan to make this in the game?

one more note: in the end the pit process should be fine-tuned as refuelling and changing tyres are not allowed in the same time (and makes double-stinting tyres having no sense as there is no time advantage)

i'm sure it's not an easy task, but it would be good to know what is planned with that :)

21. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'm missing the lollipop man too. Would be great if the lollipop board had collision to make it obvious that you have reached the perfect position when stopped.

tow likes this.