1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just one point you refer to....but
    What about the obvious „visual“ input lag,
    What about performance issues, rendering high end systems at 60 fps? (Do you really think 60 fps max serves simracersˋ sensibility?)
    What about 500 ms hick ups during all sessions?

Get Stephano kicked to update HIS engine...

2. Why so freaking angry mate? Calm down :)

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Angry is the wrong word, disappointed would fit better.

4. fabT

fabT Alien

ok i give up, at least for today.

I did about 20 MP sessions, mostly with cars -massively- warping around ( despite a 30-40ms ping on connect ) and not a single time was able to close the session properly.
    Game was crashing each and every time, usually after 10-20 minutes. I'm collecting the logs for troubleshooting.
    No trace of official servers, not a great thing actually on Day-1.

I tried events as well, as an alternative, but leaderboards seem not working.

Too many broken features currently, i hope at least some things will be hotfixed soon.

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I noticed hosting seemed to hit single core CPU VPS systems pretty hard - my AWS CPU credits expired in next to no time with accserver.exe running.
    Also any time line for linux dedicated server?

6. lionbest

lionbest Racer

When I would click on any server, I would get in red: 0 clean; -1 competitive

Right now it doesn't load at all, though.

7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Unsure if one track is hitting my cpu harder than others, trying to test this morning but have the following notes to add to build team.

Advanced option only available after selecting a server (when in VR)
    Why not have a ping selection like AC?
    Why not have a scroll so that we can at least try to scroll for our hosted server if we can't get filter options aren't working?

Looking forward to accserver.exe switch options so we can point to alternative json config files to load multiple tracks up and have one exe to run from.

8. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I came to this thread to see why I'm not getting a server list. Seems like a good place to find out about servers status. If the friggin Multiplayer is even working!? Doors open-Doors closed-Doors open-Doors closed etc, etc! I torturously browsed through the comments from today - now I'm gonna go shower- I feel a little dirty!

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Try the ignore button.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Fremen_78 likes this.
  10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Uh maybe you guys calm down a bit.. You made your points clear and it doesn't look like you are going to convinces somebody else by repeating yourselves.

In general: As Panky said, this is a whole system rebuilt from scratch exposed to the public usage for the very first time. It doesn't matter what you do during your testing efforts before, you will always face different situations, combinations and so on, resulting in new information (and sadly issues on your side). Often it is a small detail that is easily changed, but has huge impact on the experience. Some things are tough to discover or even reproduce.
    We are on our toes to understand, sort out and fix one by one.

Although we chose to keep working instead of browing the forums and keep replying to all the posts: Thank you for all the feeback, both the good and the bad are very helpful and highly appreciated.
    Fightings about opinion obviously are just adding more text to read, making the useful posts less visible. If you want to contribute, please also focus on details, examples and precise description; just a "XY sucks", but also "XY feels great" is a very rough indication of subjective perception without much value for the progess and improvements.

What I don't really get is the quite hostile way some users report missing features. Just to be very clear: At the moment, the priority is on getting the core MP running as good as possible; the whole infrastructure, lobby, server, stability, netcode and so on - everything that is required for a good driving experience. Without those "basics", we could have the most fancy selection boxes in the UI, and it wouldn't improve anything.
    So if there is something not there yet, it is not because we decided it's a good idea not to have a search box for example. It is because we are early in the process, and try to build a good MP system before we add such features. This is a natural process and would be similar even if we didn't have two MP releases on the roadmap.

We are evaluating different strategies how the server works in terms of CPU usage and the corresponding quality of the netcode. Can't promise how this is eventually ending up, but at the moment it looks like we have the best combination result with a very low CPU occupancy in idle mode. We will need to see how this turns in the wild and on many different hardware configrations though.
    Still expect the next server version (whenever it is going live) to be a lot more graceful to the CPU .

While technically most probably possible, we focus on windows servers only for the moment. No promise for the future, but when the time comes we will look into this.
    Atm it looks like one guy is running the accServer.exe via WINE quite successfully, maybe this is a intermediate solution for you.

This is not the requirement, but the indication for SA and RC (well "competitive" will always mean more, but for the moment we can use RC as figure) on this server looking at the last minutes.
    The idea is that you can see how a server is like by just clicking it; does it have comparably high numbers of accidents? Or the opposite, few accidents but extreme numbers of Trust generated (which is probably the perfect situation for public pickup racing?
    Competition looks at the other drivers on that server and tells you how their competitive ratings compare to you (RC, PC, CP, some other data). If the number is high, you will find more than one worthy opponent. If the number is low, many or all drivers are considerably quicker or slower than you. And yes, the competition indicator is something personal, everyone will see different numbers.

I'm placing the binaries in one folder, configurations in others and just use a shortcut pointing to the binaries, with working direction to each cfg folder (actually the root, like servers/01 - where we have servers/01/cfg and /log).
    So you can run many servers with only one binary.

AurusCE, Ischemica, mms and 14 others like this.
  11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Fantastic! Thanks for the responses @Minolin :D

I have checked wine, but didn’t move on it due to finding the server difficulty with a windows box I was testing with.

I do appreciate the efforts and apologise if a few of my comments came out as a whinge.

12. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Thanks' for the clarification about the red: 0 clean; -1 competitive.:D:D

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ah and I also forgot to add why you probably always see 0 and -1: There is a tiny bug that was solved quite early, but already in a version of the backend systems that isn't compatible to the current accServers out there.
    So I have to wait until we can bring the next set of current client, server and backend systems in the corresponding version.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Same issue here, has anyone found the solution to this? I've tried suggestion of @MABR too, and set tracks to 100, but same thing. Haven't even had the chance to see inside a server since release :D

15. MABR

MABR Gamer

Just try to set a track to 100 and leave the others at 50. Then sometimes it works for me.

16. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Wait, what? Is MP (practise session) actually in? I thought they disabled servers for the entire weekend? Maybe I read it wrong...

In any case, the best result I can get trying to find a server is "An error occured - please try again" :(

17. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

What really impresses me about joining a server is the loading time.
    It takes maybe 5-7 seconds with ACC on my HDD and I'm in.

After_Midnight likes this.
  18. fabT

fabT Alien

As long as you manage to get the server list :rolleyes:.
    Something that many of us can't achieve ( trying for about 1 hour ).

EDIT: now it works. See u on ACC official #2, Misano.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Dookie and Ricky Reject like this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz Alien

hmm new 700mb update to ACC incoming... have to go see what thats about :)

20. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if it was the update, but I see a server list now!

EDIT: I was also able to join a server and free practise race a few people. On a side note: the Bentley doesnt seem to be very popular. It was 18 BMW and Lambos + me in the Bentley...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    After_Midnight likes this.