1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

Just a Helicorsa kind of Radar. By saying that the IMSA radar wouldn´t be in-game, I ment that that radar needs a screen inside the cockpit of the car, and that it´s simply not used in Blancpain, that´s all.

sps_for_race likes this.
  2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

@carlossanchez97 seen it on 24hrs spa on some on board footage during the safety car period. I will try to dig it out today i belive it was mentioned that only gentlemen drivers use it

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  3. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I mean even the most serious sim racing game out there, iRacing, has a spotter and therefore sorta of a radar. After all, it's a game, and in real life it's easier to turn your head and look at the side or into the right mirror than it is with a fixed view on a monitor. That's why i dont have any problems with such aid. I actually quite like the Gran Turismo Sport radar.

4. carlossanchez97

@sps_for_race It turns out I was wrong. I only can say that I owe you an apology.

2019-02-16.png

This is car #175 from Sun Energy 1 Team

Son, mr Switchblade, th3o and 2 others like this.
  5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Dude you are on point with spa pictures :D Tnx.. that is exactlly one i thought about...

sps_for_race and carlossanchez97 like this.
  6. carlossanchez97

45m Highlights never fail hahaha

7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

That’s one of the reasons I use TrackIR (not in ACC, yet).

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I wish we'd get a more evolved pit radio functionality including spotter. I don't want to use a radar HUD (or have to use it if we're eventually required to on some servers like Helicorsa was).

Freddie Seng, Jebus, Winston and 2 others like this.
  9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, spotters over radio is a really nice touch and feels authentic (even if they don't strictly use them in all racing series).

Epistolarius likes this.
  10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Crew Chief support would be easiest, no?

no_talent and Arlo like this.
  11. trutya

trutya Simracer

if they make this "radar" thing like in real life (i also knew some teams had it) then it's okay and it's a great feature i think which will add to the reality and immersion.
    as far as i know it's just some kind of distance indicator, because in the night you don't see anything but just the headlights.
    if it's the helicorsa app, then i'm not very interested as i don't need it for the game, i won't turn it on, never used it in AC aswell.

D.Jankovic and carlossanchez97 like this.
  12. Do not like the radar just do not use. It will be possible to ban the use in multiplayer if the server administrator wants. uses who only wants. I do not know the reason for so much complaint !?

13. manudouet

manudouet Gamer

It will be a great tool for single screen user, I was expecting it since the 1st day. I've to admit I learnt to race without it since ACC but I may be use it in multiplayer session. In any case it will benefit those who do not use it as well, avoiding contact.

14. trutya

trutya Simracer

i don't see who was complaining?

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The red flags do a pretty good job for me, scince I don't VR or triple screens, can also look left and righr if needed.

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

oh really?
    Not that that wouldn't be possible to code, but is this a use case?

So far I've only seen AC league requirement lists where the rules may put Helicorsa as requirement, but I've never browsed a league ruleset where it was forbidden

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

What this person said... I am on the same side...NO HUD but dont give me top down radar that shows me cars around me.. I am also in line with the realistic distance and arrow indicator on mirror or monitor that shows how far and what side are they going for. But i will not used it either way :D

trutya likes this.
  18. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I play in VR. When I first started in ACC, I missed helicorsa. However ACC has also forced me to get used to the side arrow indicators again, to the point that I now prefer them over helicorsa as I find the arrows less distracting.

Irrespective though, I don't see why there should be a need to ban any helicorsa equivalent in ACC - it's there to prevent collisions which is a good thing - can't see it providing any other advantage as such over anyone not using it.

Leave it be and let the user decided what works for them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19. I thought this line in the custom.json file on the server was related to limiting or not this option.

},
    "gameplay": {
    "highlightTargetLocation": 1,
    "highlightRollingStartLocation": 2,
    "showVirtualMirror": 2,
    "showVirtualFlags": 2,
    "showRadar": 2,
    "showFuelAlert": 2,
    "showTyreTempAlert": 2
    },

20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I loved HeliCorsa, can't wait to see what the Radar is like. I can drive without it tho, but it makes life so much easier, especially for people like me with a single screen. I prefer an app like radar above a spotter or proximity arrows any day.
    I wouldn't mind if some servers will force it on people with like sub-80 safety rating. Some drivers are just not aware of people being besides them, an app like radar will massively improve the online experience.