1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are probably going to spend more time on the release itself than hyping it, that's for sure.

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I am a bit unsure how this ties to my question. But i try to understand it this way: You are still heavy at work with 0.6 and simply can not tell at this point a concrete date because you can not foresee how much longer you need and therefore don't want to commit to a date you might have to cancel again.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  3. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

[
    That is what it looks...delayed 1 week should mean Wednesday 7 days after expected release...but it will be whenever has
    To be....silent is consent...therefore...it could be any time..they (kunos) do not know yet ..or keep working to have the release ready ASAP..
    A circuit and a car (2),,minor details and maybe basic multiplayer (at least to know your standing during racing),then
    The 4K game is done...triple,vr,multiplayer,fps,performance, rating,matchmaking, career and championship Ac1 look alike,to an usable /good level will come during 2019..or beyond..unless otherwise informed.
    I thought that more detailed info would be provided already (well past 0.6 initial schedule release),perhaps a bit annoying for Customers this lack of info,,but it’s what it is...wait and see..
    Hoping for the best
    Ready for the worse
    Rgds

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

What developer said they will rather spend more time working on update so it does not get delayed then sitting on forums whole day and replying on every tag they get in every thread

sps_for_race and carlossanchez97 like this.
  5. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

A week , two weeks , a month ? We should not concentrate on time but working features. If it was up to me I would delay a month, or until all the features that Kunos expected to be working by now, are complete. I personally would not have given a time frame, like they did in the last comment, as customers would attach themselves to it as if written in stone. Sticking to a unobtainable time frame for software development is stressful for software developers and frustrating for customers. Unfortunately business needs time frames otherwise they could not estimate budgets, salaries and expected profits. So there has to be a balance. If the project is delayed it will give the developers more time to produce better tested game on the other hand Business will have to renege on promises it made to customers and sponsors. I know what I would do.

TDS and carlossanchez97 like this.
  6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Proposing a roadmap is not a bad thing, as long as the community behaves with a reasonable maturity level and understand that it's not something set in stone.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

7. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

This.
    The number one enemy of software development is that both developers and customers but more so management has unrealistic expectations.
    The developers develop this unrealistic belief that for something to be ‘ready’ it has to be ‘perfect’. If it can’t be perfect, they just throw something together of which they are not proud.
    Very few developers embrace the habit of developing something that works, but it’s not perfect, and then refine it or refactor it completely based on what they have learnt.

Management is too lazy to figure out that their need for exact dates and milestones set in stone is down to traditional techniques that are outdated. Like that of ‘setting expectations’. So many times I’ve been asked to answer the question ‘can we predict the future?’ (E.g. how long will it take to develop this brand new feature that no one has ever done before?) And the answer (no!) was never accepted. It is the wrong way of managing expectations. Expectations should not be set. They should be challenged.

(Some) Customers have not yet been educated in how to get involved in the early stages of a project. I think this is where Kunos might want to do things differently next time: guide users into what feedback would be beneficial to the development team. Avoiding the expectation that the game will be ready sooner than it’s possible, or worse, much later than it would be useful.

Believe me it takes an enormous amount of courage to develop iteratively with fixed dates but no fixed scope, and continuously improving. Mostly due to this ‘pressure’ from customers on one end, management on the other, and the developers caught in between what’s ‘right’ and the ‘right now’

Triple screen support is one of the important features i’d Like to see in the game.
    Having said that I know it’s not the most important one for me and for most people, so rather than being negative, I’d rather if we worked out a way to actually get it implemented after the game had gone gold.

On the other hand multiplayer support is of vital importance. Just wish we could run even a half baked unfinished copy for testing purposes and run some benchmarks on behalf of Kunos.

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Go outside and see nature, next update will be here soon :)

9. then, everything is written in the news and announcements section...

it is understandable that people cannot wait...
    In the end it means they want to devour the game, which means it's good.

I want to underline my solidarity to the devs.

carlossanchez97 and Son like this.
  10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I expect a v0.6 vídeo trailer showing the new cars, track and dinamic weather. :)

To easy the wait.

11. iker17

iker17 Gamer

Any hope to release the update today?

12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I don't think they would release it without previously making some kind of announcement on Twitter or Facebook.

So I would say no.

Are you going to repeat this post everyday? Reminds me of the "are we there yet?" scene from Shrek 2.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Freddie Seng and carlossanchez97 like this.
  13. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

See post #222 on this page. :)

14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Erm... It's a Gran Turimo image or that's it's livery?

15. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

ACC has had at least 8 builds in the last 8 days.
    Considering (from what I've read) that UE can take quite some time to compile each build - to put in perspective, during AC EA Kunos could have (and had) 8 builds available to test in a single day - Kunos surely is working full steam for quite some time (and not just in the last 8 days), just by the count of the number of builds they are putting out to test and qa.

Turk likes this.
  16. ACC. Massarutto facebook.

17. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

That's a screenshot of the 2015 Nissan GT-R we're getting, and the livery for it.
    [​IMG]

18. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Slightly unfortunate livery for a competing game to have to incorporate...

19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

#22 used the 2015 model and #23 the 2018 model, isn't it?

Son likes this.