1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

SuperFOV & Immersive Display Settings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by IDLH_, Dec 4, 2013.

1. MrPix

MrPix Racer

Yup... HDR Off and gamma 2.8 .. it's awesome.

I have got all the warping software sorted out an now it's time to develop the screen further on the frame which is perfect and fit for use.

I've decided I need to lower my wheel by 3" (75mm) to get it in line with most sim/simcade 0/0 seat settings, so I've got to rethink my desk / keyboard layout.

I've also decided on using the hardboard for the screen surface (despite the added weight) - painted to about an N5 grey matt primer. This gives me an open option of top coating darker if I need to, but will wait until I have my desk recrafted to accommodate the day use of office environment and night use of wheel mount at the new lower position before making any cut outs.

Off to the DIY shop tomorrow to get some heavy duty drawer slides like I have for the PJ.

2. GhettoRice

GhettoRice Racer

3. MrPix

MrPix Racer

Yes, I have looked at that, I'm looking for a simpler approach. Thanks.

4. Jacopo Belbo

Jacopo Belbo Gamer

Sorry for quoting a couple of old posts of yours, but I have a question for you regarding this matter...

So you solved all the Warping "problems" with the help of the Devs of Immersive Display, and you bought a copy of the "pro" version of their Software.
    There wasn't any chance at all to make everything work with the "Lite"version of it?

5. MrPix

MrPix Racer

ahhh.. you have misinterpreted my post some what and made an assumption. Working with the developer at Fly Elise ng (and his support has been amazing so far), I now have my own copy of the 'pro' software... I 'bought' the 'lite' version, but as I now have the 'pro' version, I did not look back.... and I have every sim/simcade/game warping with it now.... apart from pCARS in DX11 mode, but that's being worked on and dx9 suffices.

That said, Brad at Nthusim now has a copy of AC and is working with his team to broaden his audience and provide further support for Racing Sims. I assume they will incorporate things like warped desktop, Metro support for 8.1 and steam overlay support in the near future, so good for them... a step in the right direction.

The 'lite' version has no way of supporting games that require a launcher.. such as rFactor 2 and most of the steam games, so that was a no go area for me.... I have a broad collection of sims/simcades and racing games that I want to use when I desire so I would have bought a copy of the pro version anyway.

6. MrPix

MrPix Racer

A quick update on my curved screen. I have removed the mounting boards from the frame and it is in my workshop now, hardboard cut to shape and glued to the frame... 24 hrs of curing to go to make sure it is solid and I can start painting it grey! Probably start painting on Saturday morning.

I've decided not to change the height of the wheel as it would be too disruptive (and a lot of work besides on the desk), so not long now until I have the seamless approach similar to IDLH_

7. Jacopo Belbo

Jacopo Belbo Gamer

I think my bad English has contributed a lot in my misinterpretationo_O;):)

Do you know if the pro version has a trial period? If Yes, do you think that the help of the dev is needed, or it is also possible to try it, to see if it works for me, whitout asking him?

Thanks a lot!

8. MrPix

MrPix Racer

No problem fellow sim racer!

There is a trial period of 30 days for the pro version. I think the work I have done with the developer is sufficient for you to reap the rewards.

My suggestion: try it, you will be blown away. even the pro version is cheap compared to the competitors... if he had not 'gifted' me the pro version, I would have bought it anyway!

My curved screen is painted and will be ready tomorrow for pictures and videos... I'll upload, but they don't capture the immersion at all... maybe 10%... when you get the FOV 1:1.. you are there... triples don't work for me... 1:1 SuperFOV does!

Kudos to IDLH_ for the inspiration!!

9. SteveLol92

SteveLol92 Gamer

Quick question MrPix: what does exactly bring the Pro version over the Light version? I looked at the manual of the Lite and couldn't find anything missing, really. And the website doesn't allow a direct comparison between both. Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

10. MrPix

MrPix Racer

The lite version does not offer desktop warping for a start, but beyond that, it only supports games it can launch directly via their executables. So this rules out games that require any kind of their own launcher, such as the Raceo7 series and rFactor2.

The Pro version covers all bases as it does not have it's own launching program and just sits in the background and warps the games once they are launched via their own means. It also supports win 8.1 and desktop warping, although it breaks the use of Metro Apps.

11. SteveLol92

SteveLol92 Gamer

Thanks!

12. IDLH_

IDLH_ Simracer

I got hyper excited when I saw the latest update log saying "increased FOV for single camera" :p

13. SteveLol92

SteveLol92 Gamer

Sorry for the false excitement ;-)
    I made some tests this morning to see if I could build a similar setup. Unfortunately my Epson TW6100 is unable to create a picture wide enough, unlike the Benq.
    That would mean I have to sell my Epson to buy the benq, which might be a difficult one, especially to explain this to my wife ;-)
    Bad luck for me as I'd really love to create the same kind of setup as you guys...

14. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Is there anyone ever noticed that all of our great simulations are meaningless if the Oculus rift appears. Goodbye craft hour
    [​IMG]

and that was many years ago
    [​IMG]

15. MrPix

MrPix Racer

It wouldn't suit me at all. I would need special glasses just to see anything that close in focus! That and having my head 'free' of gadgets (I've been a massive TrackIR fan for years and years and a headphone user) now I have an almost 1:1 screen, I'm loving not being tied by wires to the PC and it feels more natural having proper stereo / 5.1 sounds without having a clamp on my head. No OR for me, not even a consideration... I'm hoping for an influx of 4K Short Throw PJs over the next 2 years to bring the price down.... now THAT would suit me... Hello craft hour!

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Awesome sFOV, I'm interested in doing something like your setups. Have you tried using the BenQ 3D function with your screens?
    I'm a bit torn between getting triple 3D/Nvidia 3D Vision2 or the superFOV projector stuff. If both worlds is possible, and if anyone has tried it, I would love to hear about it :)

Also, the BenQ 1080ST seems to be one of the very few short throw full HD PJ out there, even with 3D. Is it the best option, price considered too?

Cheers

17. alex72

alex72 Alien

I was thinking now over if i would get a projector since it seems i might be able to get a T500 RS wheel soon. A projector with a canvas that is removable when not racing would be super duper.

I would need less PC power to run a projector image rahter than 3 1080p monitors right? Its also just an inital thing i have to think of before i can afford a hard spanking intel machine again.

18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yes, that would be the same as running a single 1920*1080 monitor, so you can crank your settings with same GPU. Which is also why I consider PJ instead of upgrading my existing 3*24" with 3D monitors, I would need the NvidiaVision2 kit and a new GPU. Probably would get 760 or higher.
    If my current 7850 would work with 3D on a PJ, it would be the best cost efficient option for me atm. Downside is that ATI 3D is not the best way to go, I've read.

19. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

If you want to go the 3d route... I would say wait and see how the consumer version of the oculus rift will turn out.... ok if you have alot of button boxes and so I could understand that this might be a bit to struggle with...
    but in terms of 3d nothing comes close to the rift... 3d vision and all such stuff just doesn't look/feel right anylonger... it's just like you look on a 2d object with a bit of 3 dimensional stuff like those holo postcards and so... well it is quite like that...

with the rift you have a high fov + complete 3d.... and will be much cheaper and space saving then projector setup...

but I can understand a projector solution for people with the money and space... however in terms of 3d it can't get as good as the rift because you don't have 2 images right in front of each eye with a projector solution... so you still look on a 2d thing but then into the depth... and if stuff would pop out of it, it always feels artificial (well it is).... in the rift nothing needs to pop out because you only have depth..because it is already right at your eyes.. so it can't get closer... so you look only into the depth like in reality.. so you get much more depth and a much more natural and relaxed view for your eyes..

so if you don't have lots of buttonboxes and so... I would say wait for the consumer rift... before buying and building all that stuff

ericRacer likes this.
  20. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

Your understanding of stereoscopic 3d and the way it works with different setups is quite flawed. A passive 3d TV presents each eye with a separate image at the same time. In each setup the parallax can be set to either "pop-out" the image or create depth.

3x1080p requires quite the GPU, I can't imagine what would be needed to run the same in 3D at 60fps. It's like 6x1080p.