1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I used 0% road effects, 100% gain, 50% or 100% dynamic depending what I wanted to try, usually 100 with the CSW v2
    With high force wheels you don’t really need additional effect they keep making a vibrating mess and you end up understanding nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arlo, Luis Branco, GRFOCO and 2 others like this.
  2. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

I would say that it is a little like the amplifier of the guitar stephano, in another register._:)

3. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

They swapped the values for final release. FEI 000 is now FEI 100 and the default for CSW V2.5 as its undampended, unsoftended, most direct and precise FFB possible. With anything below FEI 100 you get dampened and softened FFB so you will lose detail in the FFB but you get quieter FFB which is useful for csl elite base

4. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

For me the jaguar is much better in terms of FFB, am on csl elite as well. It doesn't have that constant strong force in corners that drowns out anything else for some reason that most of the other cars have. I also followed Aris advice and turned road noise down a bit and damping as well.

The rest of the main CSL settings at default, FEI=40, strength 60% or so.

5. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

With Gain 100 you get signal Clipping on a CSW v2. Should be reduced to Gain 75-80 I think to avoid Clipping. FF in the Tuning menu should always be left at 100 anyway.

6. epsylonB

epsylonB Gamer

thx for your reply!!
    i set gain down to 80%, because at gain of 100% the ffb in the app shows a lot of red. is this just a bug and can we this display dörfer? or why you set it to 100%?

mms likes this.
  7. I can't even.... :D :D :D

Salvatore Amato and jo_siffert like this.
  8. we've talked about this many times in the past. There's nothing wrong with the FF bar "kissing" the red in highspeed curb situations.

Look... I pretty much invented the concept of "clipping" and FF bars in racing games, before netKar nobody even knew what I was talking about.
    Sadly, people have turned what it is a very useful information into a dogma "thou shall not clip" which it simply wrong.

@Aristotelis sets up the FF gain as it should be. The best advice I can give to all of you is leave things as default and get driving. If the FF is too high, lower it either from the game or from the wheel panel, if the FF is too low, buy a more powerful wheel.

That's really all there should be to it.

9. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Fei is only there if you are afraid that clanking noises in the wheel will destroy it. If you put it at anything less than 100 on csl elite or csw 2.5, you will get a filtered signal. I would suggest to have less gain in game but leave fei at 100, because you loose the immediacy of force feedback.

Arlo likes this.
  10. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

11. epsylonB

epsylonB Gamer

ok, thats cool and i try it @ 100%. thanks again for your description :-D

12. I can see why HW manufacturers want to give the opportunity to soften the spikes. With DD wheels some titles can be extremely uncomfy with huge wrist ripping load spikes. I could see myself using such feature with high downforce openwheelers in AC, just to give you an example.

Many different titles have some spiking issues and filtering can't solve it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Timberwind and mms like this.
  13. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I disagree here, because there is a case where it can make sense. My G27 has a very aggressive rattling when I go over curbs. This is fine for the most part, but it can get loud. If I play late in the evening and I would have a thin wall, it could disturb roommates or neighbours. Even in my case it sometimes disturbs just myself. It does not enhance my experience or information much when the wheel rattles full power like mad. Thankfully ACC ships with the dynamic dampening option which mitigates this mostly. But not all games and hardware are as good as they could or should be and a thoughtful driver software can help.
    It also should not bother you as a developer at all, because the default value stays the same as it was before. The chance of user error happening increases though, when they modify values without reading a manual and then come and complain to you though. Stupid people will find other ways to be stupid anyways, so I would say this is negligible.

14. trust me it bothers me A LOT. The result is an endless flow of people claiming the most absurd stuff about FF and when they have 10 random numbers put in the driver it makes trying to understand what's going on VERY difficult, borderline impossible.

If noise was a problem the software solution is super simple in the form of filters and whatnot but the only result these kind of drivers have is to remove control from the devs and move it to a black box nobody understands: everybody loose.

15. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

I agree 100% with you Sir...: too many variables.
    But there are many Fanatec CSW 2/2.5 etc.... owners, and so I kindly ask you to investigate about latest Fanatec Driver behaviour and suggest them [ehm.... us :)...CSW 2.5 is wonderful....] - the way to go.
    Thank you very much !!!!

16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

So, you buy a wheel which is a complicated to set it up and you ask the solution architect of this videogame to contact Fanatec and get your FFB sorted?
    Stefano , given that you have time.. , can you send me also the recipe for the pizza?
    Cheers

Rolz and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  17. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Fanatec gives us good stuff but maybe too much choices...at the end to go back on the good road i had to put FEI to 100...now it works well, the problem with fanatec wheels with those values is that on some curbs (some low curbs) and braking when going slow you have some rattling. This is not to criticise but just to give you this information. I think you are close to fanatec people and maybe it is possible to find a simple solution for this problem. Thank you so much for your patience and time.

cr4wl3r0 likes this.
  18. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

I don't know what's so complicated to set up with a CSW v2.5?!
    General Rule of thumb is to ALWAYS leave the FF at 100 in the Tuning Menu. Adjust the FFB ONLY in Game.
    Beside this you can leave the whole Tuning Menu at default values. So Sens Auto, Shock adjust to your liking of you want the vibration motors in a ClubSport Rim vibrate (I hate it therefore I have set this to off), ABS adjust to your liking if you want CSP brake pedal vibrations when hitting specific threshold (so it's kind of a fake effect, the tires maybe are not locking up in the moment the motor vibrates), Drift mode adjust to your liking if you like dampened FFB or direct FFB, Force leave at 100, Spr is not doing anything in ACC, dpr is only adding damping while standstill and when Dynamic damping is activated, Brf adjust to your liking how you want to setup your brake sensitivity, FEI leave at 100.

So this is my setting:
    Sens Auto
    FF 100
    Sho off
    Abs off
    Drift -01
    For 100
    Spr 100 (but doesn't make any difference to set this to off)
    Dpr 100
    Brf 50
    FEI 100

So summary, the only values I changed from the default values are Sho from 100 to OFF and Drift Mode from -05 to -01.
    Everything else on default.

19. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Fanatec is everywhere in the game...I do not know if they have a partnership or is only commercial propaganda, in any case fanatec gives good wheel at a reasonable price, so maybe some testing could solve the problem. The base fanatec setup needs some tuning to work well with ACC.We are just speaking trying to find the best settings. Developers and community experience can help.

mms and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  20. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

In any case someone posted here before to use FEI 100 and that was the solution. The base setting is 50, so speaking of this problem has solved this issue with this wheel. No criticism and no trolling. I am also thinking to buy fanatec direct drive wheel...Hope FEI is not there too waiting for me... ;)