1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Google Stadia could be great platform for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by 1nProgress, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You got it. Spread the word, make some YouTube videos :D

2. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I always wondering what would happen if we take both pills at the same time ? :eek:

Winston and Coanda like this.
  3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You stay in Wonderland with a huge erection :p

Turk, chksix, BrunUK and 3 others like this.
  4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

The reality is, you don't understand and you repeat the same stuff anti-vaxxers say. You just said they are dangerous, they are not. It's irresponsible for you to say things like this, the fact is when you really need help, you'll be happy to be taken to the hospital and I doubt you sit there questioning if they know how to do lets say heart surgery. These are trained professionals who spend a great deal of their lives studying and you get to benefit from that. And these are the same people who administer vaccinations, if it was as anywhere as dangerous as anti-waxxers would lead you to believe, then these great folk who know their subject pretty well would be the first ones to stop using the vaccines.

The irony in your statement, "make a plan for your environment", would if you were responsible, to get all the siblings a flu vaccination because a recent study showed, the most common source of transmission of whooping cough to infants was siblings. Do you "understand" what whooping cough does to a new born? Do you really.....

Source: (incredible, it's not YouTube.)
    edit: And you don't even need to "believe", below are the facts which you don't get to decide, you can just wilfully ignore them or accept reality.
    https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/136/4/635

5. ...this thread is not about Stadia? :confused:

6. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Christ, can't believe I'm wading into this... probably because a vaccine is very small but a human breathes hundreds of liters of air per day?

Also, it's father, not farther. Hope your science grades were better than your English!

p.s. that's a joke, English may not be your maiden language, I realise.

Coanda likes this.
  7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Stadia sounds like it could be the name of a drug:D

Coanda and D.Jankovic like this.
  8. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes, go back on topic.
    Personnaly I think Google Stadia could be a great platform for ACC...

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yes, back on topic... I see no reason why technology won't improve sufficiently for this to be the future of all gaming, at some point.

10. This nutjob cannot be bothered to entertain your ego again . If you really are as intelligent as u think you are then you would go and do some research but you would rather ridicule instead .

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

lmao 'Research'...

nate, stefanoCasillo and chksix like this.
  12. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Classic mis-representation of facts. Please check whether you are referring to 'doses' or 'jabs', and always reference peer-reviewed documentation before claiming fact on this sort of thing. ;)

13. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

tjr likes this.
  14. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

4K gaming, and VR gaming.
    Both required high end PC to play in good condition.
    I don't know it his new techno could help in these domains. I'm a bit worried about latency... :rolleyes:

15. BlueMind

BlueMind Gamer

I don't want to be forced to have a connection to play locally (without multi of course).
    My ISP may have some problems, as it can happen sometimes... very rarely luckily but it happens anyway (technical problem, street work, natural damage, etc.). And if that happens, I could not play anymore!?!
    It's already boring to have no connection and if in addition we can not even play any game, I find it sad.

I have one of the best connections in my country (bandwith is not a problem for me). But, I also think of all those who can't have this kind of connection yet (and I have some friends in this case). And I didn't talk about problems that might occur with overloaded servers when there are too many players ! Laaaatttennnncyyy !!!

For me, a system like Stadia will create a split of players: those who can (enough money, geographical location, etc.) and those who can't... even if they have enough money.

Stadia as a supplement: yes
    Stadia as official base: no

What do I mean by that?
    I can buy a game that I can play locally without an internet connection. But in addition, I can also play on Stadia (by paying a subscription for this service of course, but not for the game I have already paid). That way, I agree... and it could in some cases be useful!

Question: and what will happen if the owners of Stadia (in this case Google for now) go bankrupt! We lose all the games bought!?!

To conclude on a less important point: I'm really happy to be able to re-install some games that I played a few decades ago (we become more nostalgic as we get older), which we will no longer be able to do with a system like Stadia!

...of course, this is only my personal point of view !

mikendrix likes this.
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

I guess the plan is to make internet more dependable. I know that here in Ireland there's a serious push to make high speed broadband available everywhere on the island. They're going as far as putting up special masts (apparently they're directional and follow people around) in tourist spots like the Cliffs of Moher so people will be able to do things like live stream. So if there are negative side effects to 5G we (Irish) are going to find out all about it pretty soon. :D

I don't have any issues over ownership, Google are about as dependable as it gets in the commercial world and I already use steam, which I sire I wouldn't and avoided for 5 years. But now I love it. Brilliant service.

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's an interesting thought actually. As long as Google depends majorly on advertising (opposed to really sell services), I wouldn't consider Google to be too safe.
    Imo this whole advertising thing is a huge bubble - it may go on for 50 years, but it can also implode any time (probably way too big to fail though)

MathMilitary likes this.
  18. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Actually there is already a way to experience this. Someone developed a plugin for Iracing FFB which increased the FFB update frequency. It's a night and day difference in how the FFB feels, but it's got about 100ms input lag which is more than enough to make catching slides much, much harder. I was wrecking constantly, so had to turn it off eventually. It's probably an extreme example, because IRacing is already at the 'extremely difficult' end of the spectrum when it comes to catching slides in sims.

19. Turk

Turk Alien

While it's true that they're pulling in the majority of their money from advertising they have also inserted themselves into a lot of industries and made a lot of people dependant on their products. They could simply start charging for stuff (I think they already do charge for commercial use of their products).

Unless advertising gets banned (I really wouldn't be against that) I don't think googles revenue is going to dry up any time soon. I advertise through social media after coming from advertising in print media and it's way better, there's just no going back now. People may think online advertising is annoying but I think it's much better to have it restricted to that world and just dump all the useless advertising that happens in the real world using print and signage.

I think advertising is a plague on humanity but it's a necessary plague, and googles model is probably the fairest way of doing it. It's not in your face but there when a buyer is actually interested. I haven't really used adwords much though I'm doing most advertising on social media.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I will keep this only on 5G today as this was my original concern and is related to the OP. Please do not waste your time trying to bait me, troll me or bully me with nasty labels. Genuine conversion from both sides of the fence is always welcomed.

Turk if you are concerned about weapons/military grade 5G mass network roll outs like I am then I invite you to do a little research into the recent spate of suicides Bristol University has been facing over the past 18 months. They were one of the first to be used as Guinea Pigs for 5G technology as part of their driver less car program.

As we already know today 5G has a radiation impact on the skin which effects the CNS (central nervous system). Over 200 scientists form 38 countries have signed partitions to put a hold on mass 5G rollout. I also invite you to look into CNS depression and other related illnesses.

"Millimeter waves (MMWs) are mostly absorbed within 1 to 2 millimeters of human skin and in the surface layers of the cornea. Thus, the skin or near-surface zones of tissues are the primary targets of the radiation. Since skin contains capillaries and nerve endings, MMW bio-effects may be transmitted through molecular mechanisms by the skin or through the nervous system."

For the late comers to this thread mass rollout means 20,000+ new satellites in low & high orbit to be launched beaming continuous blanketed intense microwave radiation over the earth and telecommunication companies to install millions of small cell towers on electric utility poles, on public buildings and schools, on bus stop shelters, in public parks, national parks, federally owned land and in local urban communities where there would be a cell towers approximately every 500 feet along every street.

This technology used on this scale is virtually untested and unregulated and I for one do not remember being asked to vote for it in my local community.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019