1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What I dislike about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by R1-Limited, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

That's interesting. I used to wonder why the Audi, for example, seems to be competitive almost everywhere, I always assumed that it was because there are many audis on every race, so they had a better chance of getting good results. The 650S, on the other hand, was really competitive during the 2016 season, then Pirelli changed their tyres and the McLaren was a dog ever since.
    That's good because it means GT3 doesn't mean simply making an awful car and letting BoP take care of making it competitive, but not so good because it doesn't mean every car actually has an equal chance of winning.

Basically, this changes everything :eek:.

2. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

What I hate about ACC is that it makes me more frustrated when i get rammed off the track, I get more FRUSTRATED than playing any other sim ACC is much more realistic than other sims IMHO, so the feeling when I get rammed is more realistic, It the price you pay for progress i suppose.

3. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Bentley? Never used... for me it's like a school bus...

Tim Meuris likes this.
  4. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

The Bentley is surprisingly nimble, and the newer one is meant to be even better.

In 2017 it won the Blancpain Endurance teams title, Paul Ricard 1000km, British GT Championship and 2nd place at Spa 24h.
    In 2015 it won the Blancpain Sprint Drivers Title, as well as over races and so on. These are just the most notable.

The new one seems to be pretty good also, with it coming 2nd at Paul Ricard 1000km last year (lost 1st place on the last lap to the Lexus), was in the lead for a few hours at Spa, managed to take a dominant 1-2 victory in Blancpain America and won the first round of British GT at Outlon Park yesterday.

R1-Limited likes this.
  5. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I have no feeling with Bentley.. probably also for the steering wheel on the right. I prefer the nervous Ferrari, after BMW, Lambo, Nissan.

6. So why couldnt i get an answer about the nsx on my thread but this guy says what he doesnt like and gets an answer? mine just gets locked. thats great kunos

7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

The NSX will come at full release just like every other car from last season. If you're that uninformed it's no surprise that your thread got locked.

After_Midnight, chksix and Raklödder like this.
  8. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

I know that the BoP and tires aren't the same, but the MSR NSX almost won the IMSA GTD championship last year against a Huracan. The Porsches seemed to fare better over here, too.

I think maybe IMSA is a bit more aggressive at equalizing car performance...

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

So BoP by another name is RoI? No wonder they keep it a secret. I wonder if the team that figures this out has more lawyers or engineers. Dodge Hellcat would kill in this series! "Listen Y'all, Are aero is a brick- So we're gonna need double-wide tires and NoS or we'll never win a race!"
    It's probably this formula or similar they would need to use in any future hypercar LeMans class.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

But that's the correct side ;)

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  11. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Probably you are Anglo-Saxon :)

12. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I think the Bentley isn't really appreciated because of its look, especially with its old round lights.
    Actually I learnt a lot with it with the 0.2 event in Misano.
    The only caveat for me is because of the wheel on the right, in VR we are really on the right side, it takes time to be accustomed each time I drive it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Son and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

I generally like the game, I think it´s one of the best ever (reminds me of the fun I had with LFS before it died) not enough time to play though...

Things I don´t like:

1. wheel and hands can´t be turned off in helmet cam
    2. insufficient Anti Aliasing, even epic isn´t really good
    3. AI ramming me even on straights, shoving me away
    4. ACC seems to dislike graphics card overclocking, no problem in other games
    5. can´t change controls when on track
    6. problem to tab out of the game in fullscreen mode
    7. sometimes aggressive LOD and pop ups
    8. best lap is not shown when I get on track to hotlap

PiretSS2000 and fnegroni like this.
  14. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

For me the looks are the main feature of the old Bentley, love it. New one not that much. New one sounds awesome with pit limiter though.

15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Ho yes, the UE4 fatal error, something like "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - ‘HUNG’)"
    No problem then without overclock.
    Actually, I see zero benefit in the game with the GPU overclocked (unlike the CPU).

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Hold ALT down whilst you release TAB. If you quickly do a ALT+TAB release it won't work.

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I found that if I have nothing else open to alt-tab over to, it won’t break out of full screen mode. Workaround is to first press win+e to open an explorer window which will open behind ACC then you can alt tab to that and then carry on and do whatever.

Coanda likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

True. I always have steam open or I just hit my windows start key on my keyboard.

LeiF likes this.
  19. Slowheit

Slowheit Gamer

Hi mikendrix,

overclocking my graphics card will result in a 10 FPS increase. I got rid of max settings because FPS above 100 feel really great. The speed rush is way more intense.
    The UE4 fatal error seems to be gone after the last update, but nearly drove me crazy before!

Will trying holding Alt+tab, pressing the Windows key is my workaround for now. Sometimes I have to press it several times in a row though.

20. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I seem to have problems with it due to how bad are 1st and 2nd gear in it... seems the 1st is way too short for the power/torque it has so i'm never effective using it.