1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

You can't select AIs below 80. Only possibe with "Aggressivity"
    Then is you overtake them quickly you will not be longer driving near them, so you SA will not really improve.

2. Regret_NL

Regret_NL Rookie

Well seeing as you dont really gain anything from winning I dont see the problem with starting last to get away from the wreckers at the first 2 turns. Starting last and turning it into a podium is allot more thrilling for me than taking pole and driving away from the entire field..

XettMan likes this.
  3. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

I started once from P3 and finished P2.
    It was just boring. Guy in front if me was too fast, guys behind me not fast or safe enough. 20 minutes lonesome driving...
    Just boring.

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Should get better when more people are driving online and matchmaking is possible. But sure, if starting from the back is your thing, go ahead. Just make sure you overtake safely!

5. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Most times I cannot overtake, because very very often guy in front of me overdrives himself and leaves the track limits and so I gain another place without having fun of overtaking fight.:confused:

6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Online races are a rollercoaster, no matter with what SA the servers are set to.
    I've had races in unrestricted SA servers where the drivers are great, really great, and the races are a joy and I've had races in +50 SA servers where there are drivers that are so careful that sometimes can ruin a race, which happened more than once, one of them when a driver almost ended the race for the two first place drivers by trying to much to let them pass.

But there can be a really bad race and the one next could be thrilling.
    That happened to me a couple of days ago, when I had one race at Nurburgring where, in the first lap, I was hit 3 times.
    The first before the first turn that sent me from first to almost last, the second time, before the 3rd turn, that indeed put me in last, and the 3rd one, near the end of the first lap, damaged my car so much that there were no point in trying to continue to race.
    But then, at Monza, I had a 30 minute race where the biggest difference for the car in front was 6 tenths, several laps close to 0,2 tenths, we had almost a complete lap with both cars side by side, turns included - with and the 3rd place watching if we could do it :D - 3rd place that was never behind more than 3 to 4 seconds, that got under 1 second with the fight for first place was really heated , fight which lasted until the penultimate lap, with the race ending with gap of around 2 seconds between the first two and around the same for the 3rd.

Chriss and XettMan like this.
  7. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

true about the level of Ai, still doing what i say driving near then and overtaking then increase your SA, i just tested and got 5 points in just 2 races

The other day i said on steam answering to another player that would be another reset stats and minolin popup and corrected me saying that there is no reset programed when the game launch at the end may

my "solution" if for those who got really bad luck in MP and lost many SA due amateurs crashing you or whatever, so the only way to grind SA easy and fast is that, i know is not the best option out there

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  8. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

delete this, doble post

9. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Different drivers, different motivations.
    My "thrill" is not to win the race at all costs, but to improve my driving style, my ratings and having fun by infights with other hopefully safe drivers.
    For me it doesn't matter if a fight is for P15 or Podium, I want to have a good time driving/racing with other safe and competent guys.

Some race I finished with P12 or so was more intensive and satisfying for me than a race I finished on the podium.

Call me a coward if you want, but I have to deliver results from monday to friday nine to five, that's enough work for me. I don't need this in my sparetime.

Dookie, Arlo, Pheebau and 7 others like this.
  10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Hahaha (LOL) i did the same thing in Monza yesterday.. after t1 i was P10. Other two corner P7... when two laps to go (i was P2!) i went in pit for fuel (cry). At the end P4. I love to start in last position. Don't tell too much our secret :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    XettMan likes this.
  11. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

"It takes patience, patience and patience. Anger, aggression, fear (of arriving last), craving (of arriving first) lead to the dark side of the pilot."

12. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

So your secret is to start last and prey for everyone else's demise so you can impassionately reap your crummy inheritance. No- That's not dark! Sinister- Yes! But dark?!:rolleyes: The praise "bottom feeder" comes to mind.
    Fighting for victory, contrary to what some might think, is still a noble endeavor. Get out of your safe space!
    "To make our idea of morality center on forbidden acts is to defile the imagination and to introduce into our judgments of our fellow-men a secret element of gusto"

13. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

obviously here we are also joking. let us remember that it is a game. I hope people don't take this too seriously. It is clear that starting last is not a technique but a provocation. what is true is that when I start in the top 5 I get punctually kicked out at the first corner. result? however last with damaged car and SA down. come on guys! also get a laugh sometimes. About "dark" it was a joke with Srar Wars..

XettMan likes this.
  14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Hmm... Ppl with pro rank on a server SA60 and got rammed out in lap 1 like there would be bunch of an *****les trying to win the race in lap 1.

What a shame... They do NOT deserve PRO license for sure. I wouldn't give them an Amateur one. But I know all these is pointless! Its same as talking to my self.

Btw, is it possible to get a replay of last race driven, so I can check which was it?

All I can feel is a god damn fear to survive lap 1, and no matter from which position.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  15. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Ok we want to talk seriously? Let's talk seriously (unfortunatly in english). I understand that here there are the fundamentalists of the "game" and so this maybe will be my last post. I've always tried to be correct in MP race but I can easily become aggressive and throw out cars like many times with me. It takes little. Trying to avoid contact and step aside when someone is clearly faster than you is not cowardice but to respect yourself and others. I can assure you that to get first or second or third is not enough to wait for others (23 cars?) to make a mistake. Once I ran in Monza where I started P20 and finished second, a driver asked me "why did you let me pass?" and I replied "because I saw your lap times and you give me 2 seconds a lap .. it's useless to hinder you". Instead I was P5 in Zolder and I tried to keep P6 behind (very fast). I had in front of me a dubbed one (P21) that hindered me in every way giving me also a blow. So I let P6 go by knowing that he would encounter the same problems. In fact after 3 curves the (bastard) P21 hit P6 and both came out. I knew it .... I call it a race strategy. You do as you please. See you on the track.

fnegroni likes this.
  16. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Currently starting last and waiting for all the people up front to kill themselves , is currently a good strategy on MP , not bottom feeding but common sense. Letting someone pass because they are much faster than you is also strategy as you can concentrate on your race rather than defending and loosing time

17. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

That’s exactly what I do in most races.

You actually end up in real battles with drivers who are a better match in the field as a result, which makes fighting for 4th place as exciting as 2nd or 3rd.

I use to cycle track and I raced at the Olympic velodrome in London.
    There you are literally an inch or less, wheel to wheel with several riders of obviously different skill level.
    You quickly figure out how to avoid killing your self and just swallow your pride. And you develop the ability to judge if it’s safe to race shoulder to shoulder with someone else, or if it’s best to let them past.

18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I get it.
    The joke is the ratings system. An SA rating of 50 means little! Seems most people got it from the Crackerjack box in SP. It teaches them how to pass slow passive AI- it does nothing to get them ready for a heated MP race. The kunos 50SA server has been full all morning with really fast drivers and really unsafe jerks. Because people are allowed to boost their ratings in sp, a 50sa server is less safe than an open server.
    And you are right about starting in p5-p10. It's a death zone all the way.

falkeGT and Mitja Bonca like this.
  19. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

When you race a few games with the AI , they become very predictable , racing with people is a different ball game, i am now beginning to agree with you , I think the Competition rating and SA will play a bigger role in server selection ,hopefully

20. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

For this reason I gained my 60+ SA only on MP at Monza. There I learned my strategy to survive lap 1.

I think SA should not be built in SP, only MP. But it is how it is and we have to deal with it and find our ways to avoid T1 wreckers.
    But starting P5 to P15 means almost in every race on Monza to be T1-wrecked.